Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

toby2111 wrote: »
    Stupid question - if I load this up with €1000 to spend in USA but only spend €800 worth of dollars over there, can I then access or transfer the remaining €200 back to my bank a/c?
    Also, if run out of cash on this card, how long would a transfer from my bank a/c take to hit the card. I'm with Perm TSB.
    The transfer from a debit card is almost immediate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Great. Just waiting to get my passport back,had to get it renewed. Then I''m going to sign up for one of these cards.
    Though,can I use my driving license to sign up/verify etc?I've the new credit card type license.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Great. Just waiting to get my passport back,had to get it renewed. Then I''m going to sign up for one of these cards.
    Though,can I use my driving license to sign up/verify etc?I've the new credit card type license.

You can use your DL for verification.

Just registered for a card,should be here by 19th January,topped up by €10,went straight away. One thing-on the verify page,it says "€10 of €1500 topped up this year"....Is €1500 the max I can top up in a year??

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just registered for a card,should be here by 19th January,topped up by €10,went straight away. One thing-on the verify page,it says "€10 of €1500 topped up this year"....Is €1500 the max I can top up in a year??

Yeah that's the limit for non verified accounts, simply verify you account and that limit is lifted.

• Advertisement

Ok,thanks. I'm going to wait until my passport arrives to verify.My license has my old address on it and that may cause problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Anyone have issues verifying? Try to take a pic of my drivers licence on my iPhone 6 but there's no button or nothing. Tap everywhere on the screen and nothing...after tapping on the bottom right it comes up "Are you sure you want to leave"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Anyone have issues verifying? Try to take a pic of my drivers licence on my iPhone 6 but there's no button or nothing. Tap everywhere on the screen and nothing...after tapping on the bottom right it comes up "Are you sure you want to leave"

It automatically takes the picture when you line up the camera with the licence/passport, at least mine did when using my passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I have my card added to paypal and it is set as a Euro card (I live in the UK)
    Doge wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I've interpreted your question correctly, but wouldn't Irish Halo benefit more from using a service like TransferWise to transfer money between a dutch and Irish account folks?
    You're probably right and I do have that set up, just curious as to using Revolut instead.
    As the Kingdom of the Netherland and the Republic of Ireland are both in the EU and in SEPA transferring between Euro accounts is directly possible without any problems and the money should be there next day. No need for transferwise.
    I live in the UK so SEPA is great however it's the FX rate that I want to avoid.

TBF have used this loads in the US, Ireland, Spain and online, it's been great.

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I have my card added to paypal and it is set as a Euro card (I live in the UK)
    Do you have to set it to sterling or dollars or whatever currency?Or does it automatically convert itself?
    EDIT-Just read the FAQ's on their site,it says " the card automatically converts into the local currency at the perfect interbank rate so you don't have to worry about it. "

• Advertisement

Had kind of similar problem where it didn't work on my phone too. Contacted them on FB on their FB page. I was asked to send some photos of the ID and myself to an email address which I did. Later, my account was verified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

bromley52 wrote: »
    It automatically takes the picture when you line up the camera with the licence/passport, at least mine did when using my passport.
    mac.in wrote: »
    Had kind of similar problem where it didn't work on my phone too. Contacted them on FB on their FB page. I was asked to send some photos of the ID and myself to an email address which I did. Later, my account was verified.

Thanks guys, Yea i tried to hover over the licence for a good while and even in a very good light but no joy, What details did you sent them along with the pictures and what email address did you sent it to mac.in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Delta2113 wrote: »
    First up I would get your Identity approved using your Passport. I did it via the app it's a little tricky but you should get it eventually.

Also if you have a debit card with a Irish Bank I would use this to top up.It tops up in 'real time' which is great.

Just keep your money in Euro -that is fine and it will convert for you when you take out cash in America etc.

Some atm's in America charge a fee but they will tell you this before your transaction completes so just cancel and find a free atm.

It is quite difficult, in my experience, to find a free ATM in the US, even those that do not charge US cards will charge Intl ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

Does anyone know how long does it typically take before pending transactions are cancelled and funds released back to your account if they are not to be charged?

I've 2 pending transactions on my account at the moment. The first is from PayPal as part of their card verification process dated 1st of January and the second is from an order I cancelled with Amazon on the 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

fran426ft wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long does it typically take before pending transactions are cancelled and funds released back to your account if they are not to be charged?

I've 2 pending transactions on my account at the moment. The first is from PayPal as part of their card verification process dated 1st of January and the second is from an order I cancelled with Amazon on the 5th.

8-10 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

My friend, who has an "unconfirmed" Revolut account sent €420 to my "confirmed" Revolut account yesterday. I got a notification saying that I got a payment of €420 but the money was never added to my balance and my friends Revolut card was locked.

Has this happened to anyone before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Are these any use for using in Australia or only for £ and US dollars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Are these any use for using in Australia or only for £ and US dollars?

Yes.

Revolut currently supports spending, and ATM withdrawals in 90 currencies.

The current list of supported currencies include: AED, ALL, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BBD, BGN, BND, BOB, BRL, BWP, BYR, BZD, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CZK, DKK, DOP, EGP, EUR, GBP, HKD, HNL, HRK, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, ISK, JMD, JPY, KGS, KHR, KRW, KZT, LAK, LKR, MAD, MGA, MKD, MNT, MUR, MXN, MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, SAR, SBD, SCR, SEK, SGD, SOS, SRD, SVC, SYP, THB, TRY, TTD, TVD, TWD, UAH, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF, VND, XCD, YER, ZAR.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

My friend, who has an "unconfirmed" Revolut account sent €420 to my "confirmed" Revolut account yesterday. I got a notification saying that I got a payment of €420 but the money was never added to my balance and my friends Revolut card was locked.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Exact same thing happened to me too. Friend had to verify ID and card and then resend the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

It is quite difficult, in my experience, to find a free ATM in the US, even those that do not charge US cards will charge Intl ones.

I useda capital one 🧠and a santandar atm without charge. These were atms in banks.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, Yea i tried to hover over the licence for a good while and even in a very good light but no joy, What details did you sent them along with the pictures and what email address did you sent it to mac.in?

I have sent a PM to you with full details.

Revolut 2.0 is been launched tomorrow whatever that is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Revolut 2.0 is been launched tomorrow whatever that is :)
    It's the day after today?

Savman wrote: »
    It's the day after today?

Ha ha, very good:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Not much has changed. Was expecting contactless cards and more currencies, possibly even customise your preferred three on the home screen. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not much has changed. Was expecting contactless cards and more currencies, possibly even customise your preferred three on the home screen. Ah well.

New cards have been contactless for a while haven't they?

Thought I saw an update about it shortly after I signed up and got the non-contactless card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Overall my feeling is "hogwash".

a.) Slightly improved user interface
    b.) One now can better estimate what charges in other currencies will be but it's not guaranteed (due to the settlement date difference).
    c.) Improved bank transfer to other people.
    d.) Better tutorials.
    e.) PIN can now be set before the card is send which saves a trip to an ATM to activate the PIN but that will lead to longer delivery times.

Nothing what I would call 2.0, slight improvements but nothing really new like more currencies or NFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

maximoose wrote: »
    New cards have been contactless for a while haven't they?

Thought I saw an update about it shortly after I signed up and got the non-contactless card.

Nah a few friends of mine signed up in recent weeks and days and all received the standard card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hi All

Had 3 payments taken from Paypal on Friday, Paypal rejected them

How long do you think it should take for Revolut to remove the pending transactions and refund my account ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement