Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Yeh this has happened to me recently. See my post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98475798&postcount=1335

I am with Ulster Bank as well. Did a test transfer with my other current account PTSB (but it's not my main account) and that worked fine.

I've rang them twice - their customer service although pleasant, I've found to be honest clueless - lots of emmms and pauses - never felt any confidence dealing with them. I know they are front desk but I think there is lack of training here.

Anyway my money as mentioned in my post above, was returned back to my bank account. I tried further test transfers of 10 euro but they failed. I deleted and re-installed the app. Moved my address lines 1 and 2, to a single line as recommended by the agent previously. And even when they released the latest update yesterday, it still failed. So waiting on 30 euro to return to my account in the next day or two.

So I've sent masked copies of my ulster bank statement and am waiting on them to come back to me.

Same thing happening me - I have been using it no problem up until today (my last top up before today was last week).

Tried topping up today and it showed as Pending for about 20 seconds and then disappeared. My bank say they authorised it, but when I contacted Revolut they said it failed on their end and will be returned back to my bank once PermanentTsb process the transaction reversal that Revolut sent them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Any issues getting refunded back to the card from Paypal or other vendors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Seems there's still teething issues with this? I'm unsure if I'm going to load this up and use it in the states at Easter if money transfers/top ups etc are going to fail......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I want to purchase something online which requires a UK card would revoult work?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Address Verification ?
    What is that ?

It's a system in the UK that verifies the house number and postcode provided in the authorisation to that of the details stored by the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

wizardman wrote: »
    I want to purchase something online which requires a UK card would revoult work?

Thanks

yes but you'll need to change the billing address to a UK address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

yes but you'll need to change the billing address to a UK address

Great thanks. So top up and use the virtual card details on the UK site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

n1ck wrote: »
    It's a system in the UK that verifies the house number and postcode provided in the authorisation to that of the details stored by the bank.

AVS is not UK only, if revolut has set it up correctly it will also work with overseas cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,280 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What's the limit that you can put on pre-verification? Put it down as my card for Euro tickets and would need north of a grand on it for that.

Same thing happening me - I have been using it no problem up until today (my last top up before today was last week).

Tried topping up today and it showed as Pending for about 20 seconds and then disappeared. My bank say they authorised it, but when I contacted Revolut they said it failed on their end and will be returned back to my bank once PermanentTsb process the transaction reversal that Revolut sent them.

I just topped up from my Permanent TSB Visa Debit card which I previously had verified via "Verified by Visa" and it worked fine for me, no problem at all.

It showed "card details are saved securely" below the card and top up was there within seconds.

I than tried to top up from my DKB Visa Debit card which showed a "Do not forget to verify this card" below it and I had to enter my "Verified by Visa" password and afterwards the top up was on the account. I still have to verify the card with the 4 digit code as my first top up from it was just yesterday.

So I have no problems topping up via card.

Now my address shows as follows in my settings which matches what my banks have on file.
    Ireland
    Eircode
    empty line
    xx street
    Town
    County Dublin

I checked and on both banks it shows the amounts as pending as it should.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    What's the limit that you can put on pre-verification? Put it down as my card for Euro tickets and would need north of a grand on it for that.

According to their FAQ:
    Verify your identity
    We highly recommend you verify your identity before jetting off on your travels! This is required by law if you’re planning on topping up your account by £1,000 or more. We don’t want you to worry about being short of funds abroad so make sure to do this before you leave!

You are aware that you can now pay Euro tickets via your Irish Debit card even if the website does not show it? Was in the news recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I just topped up with my AIB Visa Debit and all worked in seconds and payment pending in acc details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

AVS is not UK only, if revolut has set it up correctly it will also work with overseas cards.

It works for Canada and the US as well but from what i'm aware, not in Ireland.

BrookieD wrote: »
    I just topped up with my AIB Visa Debit and all worked in seconds and payment pending in acc details

As a matter of interest, do you have your Eircode in your Revolut address where UK put the postcode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I was up north today and the card wouldn't work in M&S or Starbucks the machine just kept saying to remove the card before looking for a pin. Worked fine in all the shops I was in.

May as well be talking to a wall when asking support why it wouldn't work.

As a matter of interest, do you have your Eircode in your Revolut address where UK put the postcode?

I assume on address page on the app the postcode is the 2nd line so yep- Ireland fist Eircode, address line 1 empty - address line 2 street and house number, city, county

BrookieD wrote: »
    I assume on address page on the app the postcode is the 2nd line so yep- Ireland fist Eircode, address line 1 empty - address line 2 street and house number, city, county

So maybe those who have problems topping up should try it with the same configuration as it works for those of us who have it configured in that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I have the eircode in and top up with PTSB -no problem -not even verified by visa bit needed after using it once I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Must you download the app before opening an account- memory on phone is small

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tv3tg4 wrote: »

How small is the memory on your phone that you can't store a 20mb file?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I have the eircode in and top up with PTSB -no problem -not even verified by visa bit needed after using it once I think.

Verified by Visa is only once, than you need to validate the card with 4 digit code and all future loads are instant.

So giving that 3 people have the address the same way and no problems, maybe those with problems (like n1ck, OU812 and BobSmith128) should check their settings, maybe it's an easy fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Liam O wrote: »

The limit is exactly €1500 before you are required to verify ID.

I verified my ID earlier this evening just to see how it went. Took only a few minutes. Was super simple, and I loved getting to use the NFC feature on my mobile to read the chip in my passport. First time Ive used NFC, it was as if some kind of magic was happening before my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

hm, I topped it up to use on amazon but amazon for some reason isn't taking my card, even though I have used it for purchases on amazon before, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Has anyone successfully topped up with a KBC debit MasterCard?
    Can't get it to work since I switched from BOI. The BOI card worked fine.

Initial issue with my card -
    When i first got it I changed the PIN
    transfer from AIB of 75euro from visa debit and worked a treat was seen in secs
    moved €5 to Number 26 via app - took 5 days to happen - in fairness it is quoted as 3-5 days

Went to make a test purchase in Tesco Camden St - did not like the card - I put this down to the pin
    went outside and used the ATM - just to check balance and set pin change
    back into Tesco and made purchase with no issues at all
    While the card was still in the ATM reader i got a alert on my phone of the amount spent and location.

Card seems to be set up and working with no problems.

Will load my Euro in a few weeks as its my goto card for Australia - will spend as needs be over there in AUD

Initial issue with my card -
    When i first got it I changed the PIN
    transfer from AIB of 75euro from visa debit and worked a treat was seen in secs
    moved €5 to Number 26 via app - took 5 days to happen - in fairness it is quoted as 3-5 days

Went to make a test purchase in Tesco Camden St - did not like the card - I put this down to the pin
    went outside and used the ATM - just to check balance and set pin change
    back into Tesco and made purchase with no issues at all
    While the card was still in the ATM reader i got a alert on my phone of the amount spent and location.

Card seems to be set up and working with no problems.

Will load my Euro in a few weeks as its my goto card for Australia - will spend as needs be over there in AUD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Sono

Is it not just usd and pounds you get the best rates for? Or is it everywhere? Aud rate at the minute is incredible for us heading over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Sono wrote: »
    Is it not just usd and pounds you get the best rates for? Or is it everywhere? Aud rate at the minute is incredible for us heading over there.

Everywhere. Right now PTSB is AU$1.47 per €1

Revolut is $1.53

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Sono

Everywhere. Right now PTSB is AU$1.47 per €1

Revolut is $1.53

My app only shows usd, euro and gbp, where do you see the Ozzie rate for revolut?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement