Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Sono wrote: »
    My app only shows usd, euro and gbp, where do you see the Ozzie rate for revolut?

On the exchange screen where you have the rate (€1 = 0.75p) press that dropdown and you have a converter

You can add any currency (aud won't be there by default)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just did a quick conversion with Revolut and the PostFX card from AnPost

€5,200 converted to AUD on PostFX 7615.40 Rate 1.46
    €5,200 converted to AUD on Revolut 8012.73 Rate 1.54

dam near AUD 400 saved by using Revolut

Think i know where my money is going.

Just did a quick conversion with Revolut and the PostFX card from AnPost

€5,200 converted to AUD on PostFX 7615.40 Rate 1.46
    €5,200 converted to AUD on Revolut 8012.73 Rate 1.54

dam near AUD 400 saved by using Revolut

Think i know where my money is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

So I have no problems topping up via card.

Now my address shows as follows in my settings which matches what my banks have on file.
    Ireland
    Eircode
    empty line
    xx street
    Town
    County Dublin

FYI my address appears as follows on the 6 line Billing Details screen :-
    Ireland
    CO DUBLIN
    xx Street
    >>>Address Line 2 BLANK<<<
    Town
    >>> State/Province/Region line BLANK <<<

No Eircode used, and a slightly different order to yours but I've had no problems making purchases online. (I am verified too if that makes a difference)

msmx5 wrote: »
    FYI my address appears as follows on the 6 line Billing Details screen :-
    Ireland
    CO DUBLIN
    xx Street
    >>>Address Line 2 BLANK<<<
    Town
    >>> State/Province/Region line BLANK <<<

No Eircode used, and a slightly different order to yours but I've had no problems making purchases online. (I am verified too if that makes a difference)

Forgot to add I am also verified;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭BobSmith128

I've tried various formats of my address - with the eircode / without it. Address line 2 blank etc..
    Nothing works and it's just taking another 10 euros from my account each time. Close to 100 euro now floating around cyberspace....waiting for it to be returned.

The fact it works fine with my PTSB debit card is pointing to something to do with Ulster Bank.
    Both addresses of PTSB and Ulster Bank match (as they should) on my statements from these banks - so there shouldn't be an address verification issue.
    Ulster Bank have confirmed my address is what I have been typing it into the app - they don't even make use of the eircode in my address.

On top of this - when I asked for an update this morning, I get an email from Revolut saying that my ticket has been closed and the issue must be already resolved.
    Really their response to this has been very frustrating and annoying. I know they are currently offering a free service and when it works - its great but right of now I am completely fed up with dealing with their ineptitude.

Edit - Yes I am verified as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Can I use the Revolut card to buy Amazon gift cards ?
    Oh and how do I unblock the card when you get the message "card blocked"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Has anyone investigated if the rates are the same for n26?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

djmarkus wrote: »
    Has anyone investigated if the rates are the same for n26?

They are not, the rates used for revolut are mirroring the Spot Interbank exchange rate which is why they change constantly during business day.

Number26 use the mastercard rates which are set daily as shown on
    https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Has anyone had any issues with lodging money from bank account. Lodged €200 to go over to my new card but still waiting fro it to show up after 10 days.

• Advertisement

padair wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with lodging money from bank account. Lodged €200 to go over to my new card but still waiting fro it to show up after 10 days.

Did you send it from a bank account in your name and include the 8-digit reference number?

My top ups used to take days, now they are pretty much next day.

I would suggest to contact support, that is way to long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Did you send it from a bank account in your name and include the 8-digit reference number?

My top ups used to take days, now they are pretty much next day.

I would suggest to contact support, that is way to long.

Where do you get the 8-digit reference number Yggr? Is it on the revolut app or supplied from the irish bank?

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Where do you get the 8-digit reference number Yggr? Is it on the revolut app or supplied from the irish bank?

You get your number in the Revolut App.

When you choose "top up via transfer" and get shown the bank account details there is a Reference Number shown which you must provide in the transfer as reference.

Reason is that the money goes into a common account and they use the reference number to than book it into your revolut card account.

If your bank does not allow you to enter a reference into the transfer don't use it, otherwise you will have challenges of getting the money credited to your card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

You get your number in the Revolut App.

When you choose "top up via transfer" and get shown the bank account details there is a Reference Number shown which you must provide in the transfer as reference.

Reason is that the money goes into a common account and they use the reference number to than book it into your revolut card account.

If your bank does not allow you to enter a reference into the transfer don't use it, otherwise you will have challenges of getting the money credited to your card.

Thats where i was going wrong with mine,I never entered in the ref into my ulster bank transfer....I was onto them on support and the found it. Up until now i was mostly using the top-up from card. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Did anyone use Revolut in the UK during the weekend? If so how was the fx rate? Revolut clearly say that the rates in the weekends are low compared to weekdays, and therefore wanted to check how bad it is in the UK.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Amouar wrote: »
    Did anyone use Revolut in the UK during the weekend? If so how was the fx rate? Revolut clearly say that the rates in the weekends are low compared to weekdays, and therefore wanted to check how bad it is in the UK.

Thanks
    Just open the app and see for yourself? It says it if you check the rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Just open the app and see for yourself? It says it if you check the rate...

Are the rates updated live on weekends too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Just back from the US.

Couple of things:
    1) TD bank have no ATM fees. There are loads in New York. Most others have a fee

2) This is hit and miss in restaurants where you want to put the tip on the card. I have about 7 duplicate transactions I am waiting on the merchant or Revolut to reverse.

Other than that it was fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Amouar wrote: »
    Are the rates updated live on weekends too?

Don't think they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I dont want to go through 96 pages.Just quick question can I use revolut card for paypal and online gambling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I dont want to go through 96 pages.Just quick question can I use revolut card for paypal and online gambling?

No gambling is not supported

• Registered Users Posts: 42 amecullen

I have been a real fan of this new card. Registered last October, received the card. Verified my id. Registered my debit card. Topped it up 13 times over the last few months and used it in South Africa to pay for hotels and withdraw rand at ATMS. Found their support via the app excellent. But...

I tried to top up in the last couple of days and I am now having the same issue as others on this forum. The amount is taken from my bank account but does not appear in the app. My debit card is from Ulster Bank and it is saved securely on the app and has been through all the validation procedures when I set it up in October.

It definitely seems to be an address verification problem.

Support this time has been apalling, exceptionally slow taking more than 48hours to respond to any messages sent via the app, or by email. They now tell me that the topup has failed their AVS check and

"I have spoken with our payment processor concerning this issue. They informed me that not every institution supports AVS checks so the response can be declined from issuers who do not support the check. AVS responses and comparisons are received from the card issuer.

This information hasn't given rise to a solution to your situation, if any new information comes to light, I will inform you immediately."

Given that I have been using the card successfully for four months, I am baffled by the latest problems and their response. I would love to continue using the card but I have no idea what to do next? any help much appreciated.

My address has never changed and the app is up to date. And I did my last successful top up on the 19th of January. Already €200 down waiting for it to be returned to my account

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

N26->Revolut bank top-up works fine, got a confirmation last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 amecullen

Thanks Soirish I have been meaning to look into the Number26 option but never got around to it, if all else fails It is good to know that might work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Sono

Just tested my card there after reading a few posts, topped up by €10 and it went on instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sono wrote: »
    Just tested my card there after reading a few posts, topped up by €10 and it went on instantly.

Likewise. I'm travelling shortly and don't want to run into any issues. Small top up went through instantly. (PTSB).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

My first top up was 1500... Instantly went on. Payed for hotel in NY with it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Just a note that sending money to other Revolut users may result in an error, please try again later. However the transfer goes through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Sono

Missus is having problems topping up her account with a ptsb card, keeps saying card verification failed, anyone else experience something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Gambling is not supported. There's issues with PayPal too unfortunately. For what its worth other than that it works very well everywhere else...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement