Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anybody noticed a change in the way money is taken if you don't have funds in that specific currency?

It used to be coming from the £ balance first, but the last 2 days it always comes from my € balance.

Also on the iOS version, my notifications have stopped since the last update, anybody else still getting them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anybody any idea how long a UK bank transfer should take? Transferred last week, they still don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Anybody any idea how long a UK bank transfer should take? Transferred last week, they still don't have it.

1 day, contact the support.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That surprises me because that is not the experience I have.
    Number26 is using the rates set by Mastercard on the date of settlement of the charge (not the day of transaction).
    The rates are on https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/

So yesterday you got 1€=0.753860£, are you saying that revolut was worse than that?

That was how previous foreign transactions with Number26 worked for me too but yesterday's £ transaction was debited at the exchange rate of £0.771318 per €.

Also, unlike previous foreign currency transactions, that rate is not listed as pending but was applied immediately as the final rate.

Has anybody noticed a change in the way money is taken if you don't have funds in that specific currency?

It used to be coming from the £ balance first, but the last 2 days it always comes from my € balance.

Also on the iOS version, my notifications have stopped since the last update, anybody else still getting them?

And to answer my own question (with the help of revolut support), looks like my card has been set to Euro as base currency.

That means transactions are always deducted from the € balance unless I pay in any currency I have available funds in the wallet (£ or $).

That must be new because previously it came out of my £. But that makes it even better.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    That was how previous foreign transactions with Number26 worked for me too but yesterday's £ transaction was debited at the exchange rate of £0.771318 per €.

Also, unlike previous foreign currency transactions, that rate is not listed as pending but was applied immediately as the final rate.

Wow.. That is a great rate.

Now let's see if this is permanent or an error.

I mean we know they like to do changes unannounced but that would be one nice change.

Also on the iOS version, my notifications have stopped since the last update, anuybody else still getting them?

I had trouble with one Revolut £ POS transaction yesterday. Transaction was for £63 and my £ balance was a little less than that and the transaction was declined with the Revolut message 'Insufficient funds' despite my € balance being more than enough to cover the difference.

I converted some € to £ in Revolut to bring my £ balance to £63, repeated the transaction and it was successful.

Quackster wrote: »
    I had trouble with one Revolut £ POS transaction yesterday. Transaction was for £63 and my £ balance was a little less than that and the transaction was declined with the Revolut message 'Insufficient funds' despite my € balance being more than enough to cover the difference.

I converted some € to £ in Revolut to bring my £ balance to £63, repeated the transaction and it was successful.

Ping them in the chat in the app and ask them what the base currency is.

Looks like yours is £ because that is what my card would do before they changed mine to € (for some reason and without telling me).

Wow.. That is a great rate.

Now let's see if this is permanent or an error.

I mean we know they like to do changes unannounced but that would be one nice change.

The market rate never reached that yesterday so I'm assuming it's some sort of error. Be interesting to know if anyone else has a similar experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭try

https://revolut.com/faq

How long does it take to withdraw money?

It will take between 3 to 5 working days when withdrawing to your bank account in GBP. Other currencies may take a longer time to process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My notifications are very hit and miss also, used card 4 times today and only got one notification. Never got around to trying any transactions over the phone today, will try tomorrow thou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My notifications are very hit and miss also, used card 4 times today and only got one notification. Never got around to trying any transactions over the phone today, will try tomorrow thou.

I'm on Android and I thought it was my new phone causing issues. I'm not getting notifications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Anyone else's transactions disappear from the app?

All my old transactions just disappeared yesterday. Did a withdrawal from an ATM this morning and it's not showing up in the transactions either but has come out of my balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

I tried to transfer money, something went wrong but the money is still gone from my account, but not gone to anywhere. Trying to get some answer from support. Have to go to twitter every time, just to get someone to answer me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I tried to transfer money, something went wrong but the money is still gone from my account, but not gone to anywhere. Trying to get some answer from support. Have to go to twitter every time, just to get someone to answer me.

Same thing happened me. Did a top up from my debit card on the 28th and it never topped up my Revolut but was gone from my bank.

Took me until yesterday evening to finally get this response:

"I'm very sorry about this, it seems that there was an error on our service providers side in reagrds to handling this top-up, the money should be correctly assigned to your account by the end of tomorrow, but hopefully by the end of today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Gus
    Revolut
    "

In light of this and my other problem with transactions not showing, think I will stop using Revolut until they get their act together - too many problems lately.

Yeah it's starting to feel a bit dodgy now, €650 just disappeared and no one will answer me.

I have thousands to transfer, and this was the only viable option.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The in app support is gone terrible also

7 hours later I'm finally getting a response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

7 hours later I'm finally getting a response

Money came out of my account but did not enter my Revolut account, took about 3 days to come back to my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭BobSmith128

This is an email I received from Revolut at the weekend.
    The difficulty is our hands are really tied by the fact the information we receive regarding whether you would pass our AVS check comes directly from your bank. The process is this:

You pass your verified by visa, and then the top up is authorised by your bank (hence leaves your available balance). Then, our service provider transmits a message to your bank essentially asking if your address they have for AVS would match the address on our profile. It is essentially their response to this which determines whether the top up goes through or not.

The reason why it is only after January 19th that this has been an issue is because it is only around that time that this policy has been rigorously enforced.

I am currently trying to compile cases so we can look for patterns/reasons as to why certain address' might be failing. We are currently trying to determine if it might have something to do with the postcodes being recently introduced in Ireland.

I will let you know as soon as I have more information, but I will be honest with you and admit that at the moment this is not something I will be able to resolve immediately. I assure you I'm working on it.

I've stopped using Revolut for now. No point as it doesn't work for my main bank account Ulster. My other current account that I rarely use - PTSB - works fine. Both addresses are the same for each bank.
    I've asked Ulster Bank if they have a different address that they use for the AVS check but they said it's the same on the statement.

So I guess just have to wait it out and hope Revolut can resolve this AVS issue.

For those waiting on money to be returned to your currents accounts when the top up fails due to AVS - it's generally 3-4 working days in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Transferred money to a UK account but they are saying that there is no name on the transfer and do i have a reference number.

There is no reference number in the app, annoying, they cant even see it was from me.

Transferred money to a UK account but they are saying that there is no name on the transfer and do i have a reference number.

There is no reference number in the app, annoying, they cant even see it was from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Yeah it's starting to feel a bit dodgy now, €650 just disappeared and no one will answer me.

I have thousands to transfer, and this was the only viable option.

CurrencyFair

Uphold

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

When you are transferring into the account from an Irish current account- have you to enter all the iban code?

IBAN: GB73 BARC **""""*****"""

Forgot the promo code when I opened account.

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    When you are transferring into the account from an Irish current account- have you to enter all the iban code?

IBAN: GB73 BARC **""""*****"""

Yes you need the full IBAN.

Make sure you enter the reference number shown on the top up screen into your banks transfer details as otherwise your money will be delayed.

Also make sure the name of the account you are sending from matched the name of the revolut account, otherwise the money will be returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I had top up issues. Fixed it myself by removing the eircode from my revolut account. My bank account didn't have my eircode as part of my address.

I've been assured that after 24 hours the link will expire (though no link was issued) and the money will be back in my revolut account. I remain sceptical.

Thanks for the links, i've already read just about every other option for this. Currency Fair won't let me sign up as, because I'm travelling in Australia, I don't have two forms of proof of address. I have taken a quick look at Uphold, but tbh it's a whole load of figuring out that I won't be doing unless revolut don't actually give me my money back.

Just on the iban and reference number thing - I didn't enter my banks iban at any point, you can just sign up using your debit card. Also I never use any reference number for transfers. Don't even get asked. That may be down to using a debit card rather than the bank account.

And i've entered my eircode in my address, did while signing up, though it's not in the address that the bank have, and never caused any problems. It wouldn't let me sign up without entering one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

tv3tg4 wrote: »

I don't think it works anymore anyway - at least it didn't work for me before Christmas or for my brother last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I've been assured that after 24 hours the link will expire (though no link was issued) and the money will be back in my revolut account. I remain sceptical.

Thanks for the links, i've already read just about every other option for this. Currency Fair won't let me sign up as, because I'm travelling in Australia, I don't have two forms of proof of address. I have taken a quick look at Uphold, but tbh it's a whole load of figuring out that I won't be doing unless revolut don't actually give me my money back.

Just on the iban and reference number thing - I didn't enter my banks iban at any point, you can just sign up using your debit card. Also I never use any reference number for transfers. Don't even get asked. That may be down to using a debit card rather than the bank account.

And i've entered my eircode in my address, did while signing up, though it's not in the address that the bank have, and never caused any problems. It wouldn't let me sign up without entering one.

Enter none as your post code. Worked for me

• Advertisement

padair wrote: »
    Enter none as your post code. Worked for me

Thanks but if you read what I said, I'm already signed up and verified :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement