Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tried to deposit into my neteller account using Revolut and it got declined :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tried to deposit into my neteller account using Revolut and it got declined :/

https://revolut.com/faq
    What is not supported with Revolut?

Some activities are not supported with a Revolut card. You cannot use your card with gambling websites, other payment services and pre-paid cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Thanks but if you read what I said, I'm already signed up and verified :confused:

Having verified your revolut account is money laundering requirement and has nothing to do with the debit card you use.

Having verified your debit card (with the 4 digit code from your bank account statement) means that in theory your future transaction should go faster (i.e. without Verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure Code) but it does not mean that all transactions will be approved.

If your revolut account has the eircode but your bank does not, it might very well be that the payment processor get's a failure from your bank and hence despite successful authorization of the amount refuses the transaction.

AVS look at postcode and numeric data of the address line. So if your bank does respond failure because they can't deal with the eircode than the processor will decline.

If your address for example is 12 Main Street Apt 4 AVS will also fail because it might miss-interpret the 124 that revolut is sending because it wants 12.

Having an amount authorized by your bank does not mean that the payment processor approves the payment, it simply means that the bank has confirmed that you have funds. The Payment Processor in this case also wants AVS and if that fails, than the funds will be released back to you. And that time depends on your bank.

In theory AVS first and than amount would be better for the customer because it does not block funds, but it's done amount and than AVS hence funds will be blocked.

So, change your address in the revolut app to no eircode and make sure the numbers in your address are just in front of the street (nothing behind it) and than try again with a smaller amount to see if that fixes the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

What problem? I didn't say there was a problem, I was writing my experience of being verified etc, not needing the stuff you were saying was needed.

Got my money back this evening anyway, though it was a frustrating experience.

Also asked them where my card was, as according to them it was due yesterday. Again major issues trying to get an answer from them. But was told that the date of delivery is an average, not an estimate. And that sending it to Australia will take about a month.

Quackster wrote: »
    That was how previous foreign transactions with Number26 worked for me too but yesterday's £ transaction was debited at the exchange rate of £0.771318 per €.

Also, unlike previous foreign currency transactions, that rate is not listed as pending but was applied immediately as the final rate.

As a matter of interest, did number26 finally settle with that rate or did it change a couple of days afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Anybody try to enter their REVOLUT account details on the BOI "add new payee form"
    I couldn't get it to accept my attempts. :confused:

Yes I could use my BOI Debit card, but using SEPA I have a record ( for my records!

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Every single top up I have made using my BOI debit card shows up on Revolut as coming from a Royal Bank Of Scotland debit card. Anyone else get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Every single top up I have made using my BOI debit card shows up on Revolut as coming from a Royal Bank Of Scotland debit card. Anyone else get that?

Yup. Think BOI process foreign transaction through RBS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Same for me, bank transfer from PTSB showed up as coming from RBS, took a day to clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

• Advertisement

It would be nice if they could take on Paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Very interesting point in the article too
    Storonsky also said his team is also looking to build a borrowing feature by partnering with credit providers. An investor in the company said that the large potential market attracted them to invest, even before the product was launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone having problems getting back into an account after getting a new phone? Says it text a 6 digit number to my phone but never does and can't access support without getting intto the account...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Having an absolute balls of a time trying to add my Revolut to Paypal.
    Anyone else encountered similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

banie01 wrote: »

mine added to paypal in mins - sent a euro charge, refunded the same when i confirmed it was working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

banie01 wrote: »

Paypal wouldnt accept my card, so i contacted paypal telling them the issue, and they activated it, so the next time i tried to add the card it accepted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I had no bother adding the card to Paypal, but i've just noticed there that they still charged me Paypals conversion rates when i had opted for the card providers rates, a difference of nearly £1 in £20. I've queried it, but something to keep an eye on maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Top Tip, on weekends using another card might be cheaper.

It looks like Revolut builds in a rather large margin into their weekend rates which can make it cheaper to use another card instead of Revolut (like number26).

While during the week Revolut is offering excellent rates the rate they use on weekends is incorporating a rather large margin to cover them for any large exchange rate movement until the settlement date. For US $ for example it's a whopping 1% while the Mastercard one is a mild 0.1%.

So if you are sure that the vendor is settling rather quick (i.e. before Monday) you might be better off using something else than Revolut.

Now during the week from my spending I have yet to see a card that can beat their rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Top Tip, on weekends using another card might be cheaper.

It looks like Revolut builds in a rather large margin into their weekend rates which can make it cheaper to use another card instead of Revolut (like number26).

While during the week Revolut is offering excellent rates the rate they use on weekends is incorporating a rather large margin to cover them for any large exchange rate movement until the settlement date. For US $ for example it's a whopping 1% while the Mastercard one is a mild 0.1%.

So if you are sure that the vendor is settling rather quick (i.e. before Monday) you might be better off using something else than Revolut.

Now during the week from my spending I have yet to see a card that can beat their rates.

Another tip which I learned aswell due to the very poor FX rate of revolut during the week end, is to manually exchange the money on friday if I need to use the card on the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I got an email earlier from support advising that they had fixed the AVS issue and to try my card again.
    Lo and behold, it has finally worked!
    I doubt it was a fix specific to my KBC card, so if you were having issues topping up it may be worth testing now with a fiver. Delete the card first and re-add it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Sono

Amouar wrote: »
    Another tip which I learned aswell due to the very poor FX rate of revolut during the week end, is to manually exchange the money on friday if I need to use the card on the weekend.

Correct me if I am wrong here but I can only change over my currency from euro to pounds and usd to show up on my app, is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Sono wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong here but I can only change over my currency from euro to pounds and usd to show up on my app, is that right?

For now, yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

My card arrived today.Pity doesnt have contact less option.Topped up by 10 euro via ulster bank debit card no problems.My address is without eirecode(i have 0000 as my postal code) and was still fine.Im suprised revolut app didnt ask for my ''verified by visa'' password so I hope my card details are save enough.Now im going to register with paypal.So far so good.Im going to close my skrill account as it is very expensive compare to Revolut.
    How much they charge for atm withdrawal?

My card arrived today.Its a pity that doesnt have contact less option.Topped up by 10 euro via ulster bank debit card no problems.My address is without eirecode(i have 0000 as my postal code) and was still fine.Im suprised revolut app didnt ask for my ''verified by visa'' password so I hope my card details are save enough.Now im going to register with paypal.So far so good.Im going to close my skrill account as it is very expensive compare to Revolut.

Edit:had to change to eirecode in the revolut app to add my revolut card to paypal because paypal asked for eirecode(i couldnt put 0000).I hope I will be still able to top up because i dont hsve eirecode on my bank statement....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

12c government levy capped at €2.50

Edit:had to change to eirecode in the revolut app to add my revolut card to paypal because paypal asked for eirecode(i couldnt put 0000).I hope I will be still able to top up because i dont hsve eirecode on my bank statement....

Just bought xbox live code for 1 month.Paypal wanted 8.12€ Revolut 7.56€ :D
    All went good.Also in paypal I could choose address with eirecode or without,looks like it makes to difference

Pay pal charged me 1GBP to get my card verified with 4 digit code wich is fine but I see 2nd paypal transaction for 1 USD as pending.WTF is that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It seems the limit before verification is now only 1000 euro .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It seems the limit before verification is now only 1000 euro .

Bollocks. I'll actually have to verify now then. I'm probably close to my annual limit already. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barrystealover

Thinking of going to the usa in summer for 2 weeks but will be spending alot (atm and by card). was there last year and after putting my atm card into an atm 3 times over there to withdraw large amounts of money i got absolutely hammered with the " cross border handling fee" along with a terrible exchange rate.

Would this type of card be beneficial to me?i.e. would i get cross border handling fees, would i get a better fx rate than boi? what kind of charge will i pay? can i withdrawl from an atm with it?

i remember something in america regarding they dont have chip and pin over there as widely as we do so will there be a problem?

Sorry i haven't read too many posts im not fully sure how it work but i learn fast!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement