Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

These people are driving me crazy. Every time I try to do something, there's an issue. Then I contact support and wait for ages for a response, then the response they give is stupid and of no use. I've spent so much time explaining issues to them, if this wasn't my only option to transfer money to myself I'd have closed my account already. It's an awful service. One member telling you one thing, another telling you another. Telling me to update the app when there's no updates. Telling me to uninstall and reinstall. Telling me my card needs to be in aud not eur, though the transactions worked the same way just a few days ago. There's an issue with a transfer, so they tell me to cancel it and do it a different way, but there's a bug with cancelling transfers too so I have to wait 24 hours to try again, as if that's acceptable.

They really don't know what they're doing. Awful awful service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

These people are driving me crazy. Every time I try to do something, there's an issue. Then I contact support and wait for ages for a response, then the response they give is stupid and of no use. I've spent so much time explaining issues to them, if this wasn't my only option to transfer money to myself I'd have closed my account already. It's an awful service. One member telling you one thing, another telling you another. Telling me to update the app when there's no updates. Telling me to uninstall and reinstall. Telling me my card needs to be in aud not eur, though the transactions worked the same way just a few days ago. There's an issue with a transfer, so they tell me to cancel it and do it a different way, but there's a bug with cancelling transfers too so I have to wait 24 hours to try again, as if that's acceptable.

They really don't know what they're doing. Awful awful service.

I dont know what youre doing, or what hardware youre using. Ive used it loads, I use it nearly every single day actually and have used about €4000 so far in lots and lots of transactions and I have had no problem. In fact its been perfect.

I dont know what youre doing, or what hardware youre using. Ive used it loads, I use it nearly every single day actually and have used about €4000 so far in lots and lots of transactions and I have had no problem. In fact its been perfect.

Great for you.
    I've been mostly using my android phone, but the issue yesterday was also happening when I used a laptop.

Don't know why there are so many issues either, but there are. What makes it worse is the customer service is slow, intermittent and for the most part clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭SweetSand

Works wonders for me and my husband as well! We ve been in US for the last few months and got our revolut cards in December and its been brilliant. Used our cards loads of times, for small purchases like coffee in starbucks or bigger things like shopping in the outlets, the only time it didn't work - was buying from american groupon, but then our Irish cards didn't work either, so I am guessing you can only purchase with american card. We are definitely saving a lot in all the charges and I love how each transaction summery appears on my phone straight away, so you know the rate you ve been charged and the balance you have left immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Would this type of card be beneficial to me?

Yes
    would i get cross border handling fees?

Nope :)
    would i get a better fx rate than boi?

Absolutely!
    what kind of charge will i pay?

None! (Fees for the service might come later next year but even if so theyre expected to be very reasonable). For now anyway it's free
    Can i withdrawl from an atm with it?

You sure can, again, no charge except the Irish government 12c ATM charge capped at €2.50 (€5 when used also as debit card) payable in Jan 2017
    i remember something in america regarding they dont have chip and pin over there as widely as we do so will there be a problem?

That I can't answer. For sure others here have first hand experience

PS bring some Barry's tea with you. American tea is crap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭BobSmith128

Am I still alone here with an address verification issue?

I've tired all possibilities under the sun - it still fails.

Revolut are washing their hands of my issue now. "It's not my problem".

Been in contact with Ulster Bank and when mentioning address verification to them causes the cogs to stop working in their little minds.
    Eventually they tell me my address over the phone and call it out exactly as it is - and how I am entering it into the app.

Am using an iPhone 6 if that makes any difference.

Currently I have:
    IRELAND
    123 Street Name
    Clonsilla
    Dublin 15
    Ireland

This is just the current address.
    I've had other variations - eircodes, no eircodes, street line 1 & 2 on the same line, etc ......

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ceroc81

Number26 cards are now accepted and not considered a credit card anymore (just tested on iOS)

Am I still alone here with an address verification issue?

I've tired all possibilities under the sun - it still fails.

Revolut are washing their hands of my issue now. "It's not my problem".

Been in contact with Ulster Bank and when mentioning address verification to them causes the cogs to stop working in their little minds.
    Eventually they tell me my address over the phone and call it out exactly as it is - and how I am entering it into the app.

Am using an iPhone 6 if that makes any difference.

Currently I have:
    IRELAND
    123 Street Name
    Clonsilla
    Dublin 15
    Ireland

This is just the current address.
    I've had other variations - eircodes, no eircodes, street line 1 & 2 on the same line, etc ......

This is what I have:
    Ireland
    456 Street Name
    Apt 789
    Dublin
    Dublin 123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ceroc81 wrote: »
    Number26 cards are now accepted and not considered a credit card anymore (just tested on iOS)

Yeah same here on android.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

That's true but remind me of the advantage. Are currency rates better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Setanter wrote: »

Monday to Fridays you are more likely to get better rates on Revolut.

Saturday and Sundays you might be better of with number26 depending on the margin revolut works into the weekend rate and on when the payment actually settles.

Setanter wrote: »

Sorry that post might been better in the Number26 thread, it just means that those considering using Number26 as their main bank can now also use Revolut to top-up their card like all the other Irish debit cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Sorry that post might been better in the Number26 thread, it just means that those considering using Number26 as their main bank can now also use Revolut to top-up their card like all the other Irish debit cards.

If only some Irish businesses would actually be SEPA compliant then I'm set :)

Have a few who will not accept number26 (well non irish accounts) but that's for a different thread and as far as revolut goes this is good news to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Can anyone confirm this also applies to Ryanair and other airlines?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

soirish wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this also applies to Ryanair and other airlines?

Haven't tried it with an airline yet but the Number26 MasterCard is accepted as a debit card by the Irish Rail website. Must try the Revolut card with Irish Rail next and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

What Irish Banks allow you to top up the card through your bank account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

tv3tg4 wrote: »

Any bank that can process a SEPA credit transfer, which should be all.

All you need to do is look the receiver details up in the app, make sure you quote the reference number in your transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Have been topping up with no problem this past few weeks. Tried to top up this morning, unsuccessful. Tried a few times, no joy. Anyone else have same problem? Still seems lots of glitches with this....

Yep, what a surprise... Tried topping up by a number of amounts, none will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

working 100% for me from ulster bank account

I've been loading this up to bring to USA with me at Easter. The more I read about the problems, the more I'm tempted to switch funds back into my credit card account and throw this card in the bin. No response from support on the app either, not impressed.

Yep, what a surprise... Tried topping up by a number of amounts, none will work.
    By any chance, are you topping up from Perm TSB debit card?

toby2111 wrote: »
    By any chance, are you topping up from Perm TSB debit card?

No, AIB

Ok, thought it might be problem with my card. Have you been topping up successfully up until now?

toby2111 wrote: »
    Ok, thought it might be problem with my card. Have you been topping up successfully up until now?

Yeah, well not been getting this issue. Many other issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have topped up 5 or 6 times using TSB card in the last week with no issues.

maximoose wrote: »
    Have topped up 5 or 6 times using TSB card in the last week with no issues.

Have you tried today? Mine was fine. Then I paid for that ESTA waiver thing on Sunday, tried topping up today and no joy. Got 1 reply from their customer support, it's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Just topped up now with my KBC debit MasterCard.
    I was having issues until last week when I got an email from support saying the avs issue was sorted. May have just been sorted with KBC that time, and needs to be done for AIB?

• Advertisement

When you are setting up a transfeer from a bank account -

is the country that you are sending to the UK?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement