Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭insullation

Transferred 500 Euro to card to pay for something in Sterling....turns out sterling site would not take the card...so I transferred back the money to my Irish bank account from Revolut...anyone know how long it takes the money to get back to my Irish bank account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Always about 2 working days for me
    toby2111 wrote: »
    Have you tried today?

Yep, bought a couple of things on amazon this morning and no issue topping up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Transferred 500 Euro to card to pay for something in Sterling....turns out sterling site would not take the card...so I transferred back the money to my Irish bank account from Revolut...anyone know how long it takes the money to get back to my Irish bank account?

I have had it take nearly 5 days before.

I have not found anywhere that did not accept the card and I have used it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

No, AIB

Same. AIB too. Never had a problem topping up before until now. Just tried topping up with varying amounts too, just get the message

"Oops! Your top-up of €XXX was unsuccessful. Please try again or chat to support."

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Have you tried today? Mine was fine. Then I paid for that ESTA waiver thing on Sunday, tried topping up today and no joy. Got 1 reply from their customer support, it's a joke.

I actually topped up twice this morning with my PTSB debit card and both worked perfectly, I also sent money to another Revolut user and that to was fine. To be honest, I don't think I've ever had any issues either topping up or transferring funds. My only issue is the fact that I still can't use the card over the phone with UK businesses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Same. AIB too. Never had a problem topping up before until now. Just tried topping up with varying amounts too, just get the message

"Oops! Your top-up of €XXX was unsuccessful. Please try again or chat to support."

Yeah I still don't have an answer. App support asked questions then fecked off. Twitter asked for my number so someone can call me, still no call

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spiochu1

Had that same. Simply delate card and add that same card again. Worked for me after week of fighting with support team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

spiochu1 wrote: »
    Had that same. Simply delate card and add that same card again. Worked for me after week of fighting with support team.
    Tried that but when I went to top up it said "unknown error". Getting browned off with this crowd now. Customer support is pathetic.

Tried that but when I went to top up it said "unknown error". Getting browned off with this crowd now. Customer support is pathetic.

Have you tried using your aib card anywhere else online?

I tried topping up my Amazon account, it says should take 5 mins but still an hour later, funds not taken from my account.

I tried topping up my Amazon account, it says should take 5 mins but still an hour later, funds not taken from my account.

My card is Perm TSB. I'll use an atm later but I reckon the problem is with them as other posters have experienced the same.

• Advertisement

Jesus this crowd are unbelievable. In app support never answers anything! Switched to twitter and they're answering something I never asked!

And it's all with hours in between. It's 1.30am here and i've to try sort this by explaining to them over and over what the exact problem is. It's like trying to explain physics to a toddler

Same here, I got 3 replies since 8am this morning, each time I had to explain the problem then heard nothing back. I'm not on Twitter but will join later if I can get a decent answer.

Scratch that, gone through now.

I tried to top up about an hour ago and it wouldnt work, an unknown error occurred. Girlfriend tried hers and that didnt work either. Ended up having to use normal ROI debit card to pay for shopping as I was at the till. Very annoying.

I sent them a stinker of a message through their app. A guy rang me about 2 hours later, tried a few things, no joy. Said he was escalating the issue to the technical team but couldn't give me a time frame. At least they called but they don't fill me with much confidence. I'll wait and see how they resolve this issue.

Got a message saying they're experiencing a technical issue and are working to fix it. They'll update me.

I won't hold my breath for that update.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DavidJC

I tried to top up about an hour ago and it wouldnt work, an unknown error occurred. Girlfriend tried hers and that didnt work either. Ended up having to use normal ROI debit card to pay for shopping as I was at the till. Very annoying.

Had same problem.

Step 1: Remove ROI card from your account
    Step 2: Update the app in the Play/App store.
    Step 3: Re add card. You will need your "Verified by Visa" or MC password.

I think it comes down to this extra level or card verification required by your bank at the end causing the error in the old version of the app.

Works perfectly for me now.
    P.S. Try and not give out stink to the staff Toby. They're doing their best and are overwhelmed/understaffed at the moment by all accounts and deal with so many variations of cards from many countries.

I understand that David but maybe they shouldn't launch a service until it's working properly. I was able to top up, things were going fine until today. I deleted my card, now when I try to add it it says "unknown error". Yes, in fairness they rang me and tried a few things which I appreciate and I told the rep that. But they also seem to have had quite a few problems judging by this thread alone. Let's see if they can finally resolve these issues.

DavidJC wrote: »
    Had same problem.

Step 1: Remove ROI card from your account
    Step 2: Update the app in the Play/App store.
    Step 3: Re add card. You will need your "Verified by Visa" or MC password.

I think it comes down to this extra level or card verification required by your bank at the end causing the error in the old version of the app.

Works perfectly for me now.
    P.S. Try and not give out stink to the staff Toby. They're doing their best and are overwhelmed/understaffed at the moment by all accounts and deal with so many variations of cards from many countries.

I didnt remove card and then add it again after the update. I simply updated the app and it worked straight away.

Glad it was something simple, but not having the app updated shouldnt stop it working, or at the very least they should inform me in the error message that I must update the app first.

Its a different story when youre in the queue in the shop and people behind start tutting. Im not shy, they would have to wait as long as I saw fit, but I dont really want to hold people up because I dont like it myself.

It's working again for me now, finally got to transfer the rest of my money.

• Advertisement

Looking back at a few posts it seems other posters here were having the same problem as me yesterday. Couldn't top up by €10 with my AIB card. Again I had never had a problem before. Just to be clear I need to delete my AIB card from the app, update it and then re-add my card...is that correct? Thank you.

Well I didn't delete anything, it just worked this morning when I tried again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi guys,

How long does it typically takes before a refunds is back on the revolut account?

Amouar wrote: »
    Hi guys,

How long does it typically takes before a refunds is back on the revolut account?

Do not mean to be rude, but try reading the thread as its been asked and answered about 362 times already. This is not customer support.

Do not mean to be rude, but try reading the thread as its been asked and answered about 362 times already. This is not customer support.

Thanks for your helpful contribution to the thread, I will now go through all the 100+ pages to find that information...

Thanks for your helpful contribution to the thread, I will now go through all the 100+ pages to find that information.

Thats what the forum is for, reading. Use the search facility, or better yet use the Customer Support in the APP, thats what its there for.

It just gets really boring reading the same question every day.

Thats what the forum is for, reading. Use the search facility, or better yet use the Customer Support in the APP, thats what its there for.

It just gets really boring reading the same question every day.

I just used the search function, no mention of refunds. People mostly ask about refund (Clearance ) of pending charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Its asked often so you don't have to go back 100 pages

Thanks for your helpful contribution to the thread, I will now go through all the 100+ pages to find that information...

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I just used the search function, no mention of refunds. People mostly ask about refund (Clearance ) of pending charges.

why not just use the search function???

• Advertisement

BrookieD wrote: »
    why not just use the search function???

Are you serious? Have another read at the message you just quoted which says:

Originally Posted by Amouar View Post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement