Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Amouar wrote: »
    Hi guys,

How long does it typically takes before a refunds is back on the revolut account?

What kind of refund?

a.) laps of authorization by vendor that was not used?
    b.) refund by a vendor to be credited to revolut?
    c.) refund for wrong charges in case of fraud?
    d.) withdraw of funds to a bank account?

You need to tells us a little bit more because your questions is not clear, at least to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

What kind of refund?

a.) laps of authorization by vendor that was not used?
    b.) refund by a vendor to be credited to revolut?
    c.) refund for wrong charges in case of fraud?
    d.) withdraw of funds to a bank account?

You need to tells us a little bit more because your questions is not clear, at least to me.

It's b.) refund by a vendor to be credited to revolut?

Thanks!

Amouar wrote: »
    It's b.) refund by a vendor to be credited to revolut?

Thanks!

That depends on the vendor and their payment processor and what method they are using to credit you and how much (i.e. full amount or part amount).

You will need to ask the vendor you are expecting the refund from.

Once it hits the MasterCard payment system it will be on your account within a couple of minutes in my experience, but may take up to 48 hours to settle.

That depends on the vendor and their payment processor and what method they are using to credit you and how much (i.e. full amount or part amount).

You will need to ask the vendor you are expecting the refund from.

Once it hits the MasterCard payment system it will be on your account within a couple of minutes in my experience, but may take up to 48 hours to settle.

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Just added my card again and am able to top up. Tried it twice, both times asked me to type in 3 digit CSC number and Verified by Visa password which is a new feature they must have added lately. At least it's working again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Do banks charge if you transfer money form your current account?

I asked in luster bank - they said they charge 51c

Does aib charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chymes

Anybody manage to get through to the support? I've supposed to have a refund come in since Wednesday (7 working days since then), dropped an email, no response, tried to call the emergency line, no response. Anyone have any experience in this area? Amazon confirmed refund and even gave a tracking reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭Nollog

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Do banks charge if you transfer money form your current account?

I asked in luster bank - they said they charge 51c

Does aib charge?

A bank transfer to revolut in Euro costs nothing, in GBP will cost, but you shouldn't be transferring in GBP.
    There's probably charges on the account quaterly or whatever, in AIB's case, you need €2,501 in your account all quater long to avoid fees.

(I'm an AIB customer and keep more than 2,500 in my account and have used both bank and debit transfers into Revolut without any charge)
    chymes wrote: »
    Anybody manage to get through to the support? I've supposed to have a refund come in since Wednesday (7 working days since then), dropped an email, no response, tried to call the emergency line, no response. Anyone have any experience in this area? Amazon confirmed refund and even gave a tracking reference.

I got on to them on twitter yesterday, took them hours to admit they were having problems with debit cards.
    Their in-app support never responded to me, 3 different people responded to my GF in-app all just asked what was wrong then nothing.

The in-app support seems utterly awful.

chymes wrote: »

Seems like they have issues with the refunds as I'm still waiting for 2 refunds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If one were to transfer funds from the Revolut card to a bank account in Canada would there be charges ?

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    If one were to transfer funds from the Revolut card to a bank account in Canada would there be charges ?

Revolut has no fees. Transfer it in CAD if you can, on a weekday for best rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭insullation

/\/ollog wrote: »

But you will probably find that your Canadian bank will charge you a large fee for doing an international transfer so check beforehand.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

/\/ollog wrote: »

Does Revolut allow outward transfers to non-SEPA accounts?

Quackster wrote: »

They're British, so probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

This revolut seems too good to be true... I'm all up for it and scrapping my skrill card since this seems to be legit.

Is your name printed on the physical card?

Is your name printed on the physical card?

Yes

Quackster wrote: »

They do transfer in 23 currencies to all sort of accounts, just go into the app to see if the country/currency is supported.

However it might be wise to check with support (good luck with that) how they pay out in a specific country (like Canada or US) as if they do a wire transfer the receiver might have to pay incoming fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is there any government stamp duty type fee with this? I buy lots off amazon so this could be a nice saver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is there any government stamp duty type fee with this? I buy lots off amazon so this could be a nice saver
    I think 5e a year like Irish debit cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

TheDriver wrote: »

Yes... €2.50 debit card + 12c ATM transaction charge capped at €2.50

• Advertisement

Yes... €2.50 debit card + 12c ATM transaction charge capped at €2.50

Actually that is not correct, it's 12 cents per ATM withdraw in the republic (not foreign countries) and its capped at 2.50€ if you use the card as ATM card only or 5.00€ if you use the card as both ATM and debit card.

There is no more flat stamp duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I was gonna sign up for Revolut this evening but I've read people with Ulster bank are having no success topping it up. I'm with ulster bank so I guess I'll be passing on this. Shame really.

I was gonna sign up for Revolut this evening but I've read people with Ulster bank are having no success topping it up. I'm with ulster bank so I guess I'll be passing on this. Shame really.

if topping up via debit card fails you can always make a top up via bank transfer, is not instant but if you are pre-planning you still can save money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I was adding my Revolut card to my PayPal, just wouldn't link. Popped into app and realised I had bloody blocked my card, unblocked it and instantly card was added to PayPal.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭henke

I'm with Ulster and never had bother topping up instantly via Visa Debit.

Actually that is not correct, it's 12 cents per ATM withdraw in the republic (not foreign countries) and its capped at 2.50€ if you use the card as ATM card only or 5.00€ if you use the card as both ATM and debit card.

There is no more flat stamp duty.

Isn't that what he said? :confused: I'm slightly confused and the more I reread the more confused I get!

Am I right that if I only use Revolut for online purchases and never as an ATM card then I'll just have to pay €2.50? How do they charge me the €2.50 since I usually only leave a few cents in there?

mad m wrote: »
    I was adding my Revolut card to my PayPal, just wouldn't link. Popped into app and realised I had bloody blocked my card, unblocked it and instantly card was added to PayPal.:rolleyes:

You need to enter your address exactly as it is in the revolut app.
    Isn't that what he said? :confused: I'm slightly confused and the more I reread the more confused I get!

Am I right that if I only use Revolut for online purchases and never as an ATM card then I'll just have to pay €2.50? How do they charge me the €2.50 since I usually only leave a few cents in there?

2.50 is the maximum, that's all.
    5 if you use it at a chip n pin box.

Each ATM use is 12c, so after 42 uses, you're capped at €5 (21 uses if you only use it as an ATM card)
    So if you use it 0 times in an ATM, you don't owe the Revenue.

It's not what he said.

If you only use your card to make purchases but never withdraw any cash in the republic than the card does not attract any stamp duty.

if you use your card for both purchases and cash withdraw in the republic than you get charged 12 cent stamp duty per ATM withdraw capped at 5.00€.

if you only would only use the card for ATM withdraws than you would get charged 12 cents stamp duty per ATM withdraw capped at 2.50€.

So no ATM usage in the republic = no stamp duty
    ATM usage in the republic = 12 cent per withdraw capped at 2.5 or 5.00 depending on what else you do with the card.

And it's only ATM withdraw in the republic, not if you use an ATM somewhere else. Withdrawing cash in the US for example does not attract the 12 cent stamp duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Sono

I am an Ulster bank customer and have never experienced any issues with topups, works every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anyone having issues receiving texts from Revolut? Trying to get the code sent to me multiple times now but I haven't received it.

Can someone else confirm by logging out and logging back in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement