Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Amouar wrote: »
    Can you see your newest transactions history ?

I can't see any transactions any more. I do get the notification but the transaction list is empty.

Nah can't see anything at all, it just says "No transactions"

I get the notifications too but still nothing in the transactions list.

I told them about this weeks ago and even followed up with them on it last week. They don't have a clue why it's happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I told them about this weeks ago and even followed up with them on it last week. They don't have a clue why it's happening.

Have you tried linking your account to a different device to see if the same error occurs there?

If you don't have a second device but a windows PC you could use bluestacks to use the android version for example.

But that requires that you can receive the notification SMS from them, so if that is already a problem please don't try.

Have you tried linking your account to a different device to see if the same error occurs there?

If you don't have a second device but a windows PC you could use bluestacks to use the android version for example.

But that requires that you can receive the notification SMS from them, so if that is already a problem please don't try.

Yep have tried multiple devices - makes no difference. It's my account not showing transactions apparently, rather than a specific device.

Revolut have confirmed they can see the behaviour on their side but don't know why it has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

That's really bad since if we miss the notification, we won't even know where the money went :s

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Paddy GT wrote: »
    I hate credit cards & don't want to get one but I have a trip to the states coming up in March and need to hire a car which seems to be a no/no with a debit card..

I am thinking getting a prepaid credit card would be an option ... has anyone used one of these to hire a car particularly in the USA or could you foresee any problems?

Most car hire companies will accept a Debit card once you show them your return ticket.

• Advertisement

Yep have tried multiple devices - makes no difference. It's my account not showing transactions apparently, rather than a specific device.

Revolut have confirmed they can see the behaviour on their side but don't know why it has happened.

They should on their side change your account data to something else and allow you to set up a new account with your current data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Just change in paypal to be billed in sellers currency(GBP,USD etc) and use revolut.Paypal has very bad rates.I bought hard drive yesterday for 50Ł ,paypal exchange was 67 euro,revolut 64 :D

Where do you do this in Paypal? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

What charges does this occur in the US?
    None
    Can you even use debit cards much there?
    Yes
    Some atms charge you and some dont?
    Yes, earlier in the thread someone said TD bank don't charge anything to use their ATMs (the fee is levied by the bank not Revolut).
    Where do you do this in Paypal? thanks
    This should help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Irish Halo wrote: »
    None
    This should help

Yeah, i was doing that already, but it's on a transaction basis rather than a setting somewhere, thanks

My transactions history magically appeared again!

• Advertisement

My transactions history magically appeared again!

Did you do anything? Mine still aren't displaying :(

Did you do anything? Mine still aren't displaying :(

Didn't do anything. I think customer service escalated my issue to the technical team this morning.

Didn't do anything. I think customer service escalated my issue to the technical team this morning.

Yeah that's what I was told weeks ago, but nothing has happened :(

Glad you got yours sorted anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Just getting my head around this.

Heading to Spain in may, would I be better off putting a few bob on this card and taking it out of atm abroad or pay for stuff with this abroad?

When I log say €100 on card, I can allocate €20 to usd €30 to GBP and the rest €60) to euro. So I I bought 3 different items in three different countries to the value of each account, each transaction would come out of the relevant currency used for that transaction. Is this correct, if so this is class.

Amazon,
    I just register this card on amazon and when I'm about to by anything just log amount I need onto card and purchase? Card will see that it's GBP and automatically use that currency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Just getting my head around this.

Heading to Spain in may, would I be better off putting a few bob on this card and taking it out of atm abroad or pay for stuff with this abroad?

You can do either but watch out for withdraw fees -from the bank- if using some ATMs

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    When I log say €100 on card, I can allocate €20 to usd €30 to GBP and the rest €60) to euro. So I I bought 3 different items in three different countries to the value of each account, each transaction would come out of the relevant currency used for that transaction. Is this correct, if so this is class.

Amazon,
    I just register this card on amazon and when I'm about to by anything just log amount I need onto card and purchase? Card will see that it's GBP and automatically use that currency?

You can leave it all in €, when you make a transaction in a foreign currency it instantly converts it from the € balance at the current rate. As said before if you're doing transactions over weekend you might want to transfer before weekend cause slightly better rate (but as said you don't have to).
    Amazon, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

Probably mentioned before but you can withdraw from your sterling balance in Dublin airport. I used a machine after I got through security. Handy if you're travelling for a weekend and want to have money when you arrive.

Probably mentioned before but you can withdraw from your sterling balance in Dublin airport. I used a machine after I got through security. Handy if you're travelling for a weekend and want to have money when you arrive.

The machine in DUB airport took the sterling from your sterling balance or charged you in Euros ?

Here we go. New charges (fair usage) rolled out! https://revolut.com/fairusage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Sono

You can withdraw sterling from you card in the uk also at no extra charge afaik.

Here we go. New charges (fair usage) rolled out! https://revolut.com/fairusage

A 2% fee on ATM withdraws larger than £500 / €650 / $700 a month is bad, it takes away the cheap exchange possibility into £.

Introducing custom rates for Thai Bath (and Russian Rubels) is also bad for some of us. I liked the THB rates they had, they were better than Mastercard, however just checking the rates, it's worse now by nearly 1%. So number26 it is for THB.

Also it's sneaky to call the ATM fees "fair usage" just so that they can continue to claim they have no fees.

• Advertisement

Sono wrote: »
    You can withdraw sterling from you card in the uk also at no extra charge afaik.

And as if they have read it, ATM now might cost you if you withdraw more than £500 / €650 / $700 in a month: https://revolut.com/fairusage

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

The machine in DUB airport took the sterling from your sterling balance or charged you in Euros ?

It took the sterling from my sterling balance. I had no euro balance just in case it tried to.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tipperary Fairy

Motherduckers, another institution trying to get all my money! Was in the middle of transferring money from aib to my Australian bank account, transferring straight over through revolut is costing me $20 each time, and revolut won't allow me to transfer it all in one go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Motherduckers, another institution trying to get all my money! Was in the middle of transferring money from aib to my Australian bank account, transferring straight over through revolut is costing me $20 each time, and revolut won't allow me to transfer it all in one go :rolleyes:

What do you mean it's costing you $20 with revolut every time? How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

A 2% fee on ATM withdraws larger than £500 / €650 / $700 a month is bad, it takes away the cheap exchange possibility into £.

Introducing custom rates for Thai Bath (and Russian Rubels) is also bad for some of us. I liked the THB rates they had, they were better than Mastercard, however just checking the rates, it's worse now by nearly 1%. So number26 it is for THB.

Also it's sneaky to call the ATM fees "fair usage" just so that they can continue to claim they have no fees.

But am I reading it right, this fee only relates to ATM withdrawals? So if your buying something in a shop that's over $700 using card as POS your ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Can you link it to your PayPal account ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

mad m wrote: »
    But am I reading it right, this fee only relates to ATM withdrawals? So if your buying something in a shop that's over $700 using card as POS your ok?

That is right, its only for ATM withdraws, shopping does not attract fee's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

That is right, its only for ATM withdraws, shopping does not attract fee's.

The risk here though is that card machines appear to be touch and go, at least at this stage.

I'm to America in November and was going to do pretty much everything through Revolut. Girlfriend has it as well so hopefully it's a bit more widely accepted by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Just a quick review for anyone thinking of using for a holiday etc.
    I was in Thailand and got the Revolut card.
    Worked perfectly except one instance where it held a pending withdrawal that didn't work (funds held for about 36 hours)
    To give an idea of savings , my own bank has an app where i can see how much each transaction will cost for Thai Baht.
    Withdrawing £200 at a time i was saving £20! thats 10% so no problems recommending for anyone unsure.
    Also liked that i could just transfer money over from my own bank as and when needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement