Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Total disaster over here in the States. Everything was going fine, withdrew $300 on St. Patricks Day. Then yesterday, tried to pay for a ring for my wife. It declined, guy put it through as debit, then as credit but no joy. Card was then blocked. Then spent a few hours on their woeful in app support. They said it didn't work because vendor used the magnetic stripe as opposed to chip and pin..... Why don't they put that on their FAQ's?They said card needed to be reactivated in a chip enabled atm. Found one, put in pin, tried to withdraw..... Nothing, transaction cancelled. Stupidly, I loaded up the card yesterday morning as I knew I was going shopping. So my money in now unaccessible. Will have to just use my normal debit & credit card which I used yesterday. I transferred money back to my bank a/c. Revolut card will be going straight in the bin when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I see quite a few people on here mentioning registering their card with Paypal, when I tried to do that Paypal would not accept the card. I checked and all the information I provided was correct but obviously I was doing something wrong.
    Anybody else have their card rejected?
    Incidentally, just after I tried to register the card I got a message from Revolut to say 0.89c paid to Paypal but the charge never appeared on my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Delta2113 wrote: »
    @Yggr of Asgard - any reports Revolut charging €2.50 /€5 for last year to people that had the card?

I haven't been charged anything so far for 2015 and I hope it won't happen.

Do we have any update in writing about how Revolut will operate the 12 cent charge?

I closed my account with Number26 because of the total incompetence they showed with the Irish Government stamp duty/ withdrawal tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Can I top up someone elses card from here without having a Revolut card myself?

I have one, and it's for a relative who is going away tomorrow, but if I can avoid having to top up my card to send money to them, I'd prefer to do that. They don't have a Bank Account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Allyall wrote:
    Can I top up someone elses card from here without having a Revolut card myself?

If they don't mind letting you log in to their revolut, you could just log in and top up there's with your card. Or if you trust them enough, you could leave your card details saved on their revolut so they can top it up from your card whenever you want them to. You can have more than one card saved.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If they don't mind letting you log in to their revolut, you could just log in and top up there's with your card. Or if you trust them enough, you could leave your card details saved on their revolut so they can top it up from your card whenever you want them to. You can have more than one card saved.

I'll opt for the first. I do trust them, but I'd say it'd be easier for me to login and topup. nDidn't even think of that... :o

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You won't be able to top up two different accounts from the same back acc or debit card, I had that problem with my wife's card, I tried to top up both using my visa debit card and our joint bank acc and my card got locked. The only way around it was for me to top up my acc and then send the required amount to my wife's account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I see quite a few people on here mentioning registering their card with Paypal, when I tried to do that Paypal would not accept the card. I checked and all the information I provided was correct but obviously I was doing something wrong.
    Anybody else have their card rejected?
    Incidentally, just after I tried to register the card I got a message from Revolut to say 0.89c paid to Paypal but the charge never appeared on my account.

Make sure your card is not blocked in app when adding to PayPal. Also PayPal test charge card if it was debit you will get it back. Was in Heathrow yesterday, used card to buy water in boots and other stuff in shops. All ok so far.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You won't be able to top up two different accounts from the same back acc or debit card, I had that problem with my wife's card, I tried to top up both using my visa debit card and our joint bank acc and my card got locked. The only way around it was for me to top up my acc and then send the required amount to my wife's account.

Okay, will do that so. Luckily i checked back. Would've been blocked for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Aquos76 wrote: »

Not the case for me and my OH with BOI. Same joint account with 2 individual Visa debit cards on it. No problem topping up either/both Revolut cards from this one account. What bank are you with? Maybe the problem is with the bank rather than Revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Not the case for me and my OH with BOI. Same joint account with 2 individual Visa debit cards on it. No problem topping up either/both Revolut cards from this one account. What bank are you with? Maybe the problem is with the bank rather than Revolut?

Do both your debit cards have the same 16 digit number?

Quackster wrote: »
    Do both your debit cards have the same 16 digit number?

No, but they are both from the same joint bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Anyone having issues using the card today? I have 20 credit on mine and trying to purchase an item and it says there's a problem with your card. Only used it yesterday on the same site with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

I bought from two sites that declined the card for reasons to do with the address. The money is pending on my card at present. Wonder how long before I get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Mine was declined today as well. No issues with it up to this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I was going to top mine up again to use in the UK next month, i've only used it a few times previously but after looking on their FB page and seeing all the complaints for today alone i don't think i will risk it. Loads of people having issues and no customer service response.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Used mine about an hour ago no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I'm unable to top up today. Gives me "Unknown error". Any one with the same issue?

Amouar wrote: »
    I'm unable to top up today. Gives me "Unknown error". Any one with the same issue?

Same problem here :( First time that's happened to me.

In relation to the problems others have experienced, particularly away on holidays, I could never allow Revolut to be my only funds option. It's great for use on Amazon, Paypal and in NI (when it works) but I always have my Visa Debit card and my CC with me as well. Saving on currency charges is one thing, being stranded with all your eggs in one basket is another.

It's very concerning the way so many issues keep cropping up - I'll be maintaining the minimum on the card for now ... to be sure to be sure.

Yeh, I'm currently in the states using my credit and debit card as revolut card failed. Unfortunately I loaded mine up to pay for jewellery for my wife, my card was declined, now it won't work anywere. Customer service haven't replied to me since Friday so I'll wait until I get home to sort it out. I transferred the revolut balance back to my bank so I'll use that to pay off credit card. Fully agree with you about not relying on it solely while away, too many problems with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

"Unfortunately our service provider does not currently officially support paypal - it therefore works rather inconsistently" is the message i got from them. I actually tried to pay for an item through paypal which is linked to the revolut card and when this didn't work i tried another option of manually entering the card number which also didn't work. mmmmm:confused:

Used it earlier in a number of shops in US, no problems at all.

Strange how it's so hit and miss with users.
    Mad m- did you use the card by swiping it as opposed to chip and pin? The reason they said mine didn't work was because it was swiped...... But as far as I could see all stores used swipe instead of chip and pin as that's what I used when using my credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

toby2111 wrote: »
    Fully agree with you about not relying on it solely while away, too many problems with it.

It took over a month to get a refund from amazon.co.uk to revolut card.

Good grief!!! A month? I got refunded on Friday morning something I purchased with PayPal/eBay....I've been checking the app every few hours since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Good grief!!! A month? I got refunded on Friday morning something I purchased with PayPal/eBay....I've been checking the app every few hours since.

I have mixed experiences with refunds, some show within minutes, some hours but currently I'm still missing a refund from Amazon for 3 weeks.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Strange how it's so hit and miss with users.
    Mad m- did you use the card by swiping it as opposed to chip and pin? The reason they said mine didn't work was because it was swiped...... But as far as I could see all stores used swipe instead of chip and pin as that's what I used when using my credit card.

I used swipe a couple of times, and once I was asked to insert card in. Wasn't asked to put in pin at all, just signed my name on electronic pad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

What billing address are you using on amazon.co.uk?I put billing address same like in the app but delivery to Parcel Motel and payment didn't go through on amazon site but money pending with revolut.700 quid....FFS :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

What billing address are you using on amazon.co.uk?I put billing address same like in the app but delivery to Parcel Motel and payment didn't go through on amazon site but money pending with revolut.700 quid....FFS :mad::mad::mad:

I never had problems with the card on either Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de.

My invoice address is having the Eircode in the Postcode at Amazon and Revolut and my deliver address is Parcelwizard up north (sometimes Parcelmotel).

Have you used the card with them in the past or is this your first time?

If the transaction was authorized by Revolut (which it looks like it has because the money is reserved as you say) than the challenge is at Amazon's end, maybe the Address Verification did fail or the processor they use has problems accepting a billing address different from shipping address.

Call/Chat to Amazon and ask them what their problem is and than to Revolut. Amazon can give you a Release code which Revolut can use to free the authorization.

• Advertisement

I've been trying to talk with someone through customer service app since Friday but nobody replying. Anyone else use the app support?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement