Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

toby2111 wrote: »
    I've been trying to talk with someone through customer service app since Friday but nobody replying. Anyone else use the app support?

It was never quick support via the app/e-mail but since the meltdown on Saturday/Sunday it has gotten even worse.

I had a charge stuck in pending from 4 weeks ago, it should have been converted into a full charge by now, I ping them to tell them that this worries me and if they please could have a look because I don't won't problems with the shop. I clearly stated it's a real charge that is just not processed.

Hours later I find a note that they reverted the charge and they apologized for not releasing it earlier. Now the shop has a chargeback from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

At least they're talking to you...... They stopped talking to me Friday morning, gave me instructions to reactivate the card but didn't work.... Now they're ignoring me. Customer service is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

To be fair to them, they quickly fixed my top up issue yesterday and replied to me in chat saying that it was fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I never had problems with the card on either Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de.

My invoice address is having the Eircode in the Postcode at Amazon and Revolut and my deliver address is Parcelwizard up north (sometimes Parcelmotel).

Have you used the card with them in the past or is this your first time?

If the transaction was authorized by Revolut (which it looks like it has because the money is reserved as you say) than the challenge is at Amazon's end, maybe the Address Verification did fail or the processor they use has problems accepting a billing address different from shipping address.

Call/Chat to Amazon and ask them what their problem is and than to Revolut. Amazon can give you a Release code which Revolut can use to free the authorization.

Ive been using revolut many times on paypal and for ''normal'' payments but 1st time on amazon.co.uk.Placed order for 550 pounds and I only see in revolut app 1£ as pending transaction from amazon.They didnt take full payment so not sure is it only pre-authorisation or what??

Ive been using revolut many times on paypal and for ''normal'' payments but 1st time on amazon.co.uk.Placed order for 550 pounds and I only see in revolut app 1£ as pending transaction from amazon.They didnt take full payment so not sure is it only pre-authorisation or what??

That is normal behavior with Amazon, they get authorization of 1£/1€ when you place the order to validate that your card is valid. That happens when you use a card the first time, change an address or when they feel like it.

Once they prepare your order for shipment they than get authorization for the full amount of the order and you will see that in the revolut App than and there.

So where did you get the info that your card had been declined?

If you see the 1£ in the App and you order in Amazon is show in the open orders, you should next see the request for the full amount, once they start preparing the order.

• Advertisement

That is normal behavior with Amazon, they get authorization of 1£/1€ when you place the order to validate that your card is valid. That happens when you use a card the first time, change an address or when they feel like it.

Once they prepare your order for shipment they than get authorization for the full amount of the order and you will see that in the revolut App than and there.

So where did you get the info that your card had been declined?

If you see the 1£ in the App and you order in Amazon is show in the open orders, you should next see the request for the full amount, once they start preparing the order.

You are right.Just spoke to chat line and thats what they wrote:

''when you use a new card we first ask your bank to give us the confirmation for the card, Whether its valid and is active or not and that's why you see a 1 GBP authorisation, Once we get the confirmation from the bank we go ahead and process the order and we only charge you 24 hours before dispatching the item.
    Amazon.co.uk doesn't support entering the three-digit CVV code found on the back of some cards. If the code is required by the issuing bank, payments may not process successfully. ''

I have enough money on Revolut card so I hope all will be fine and i will save well over 23euros :D

You are right.Just spoke to chat line and thats what they wrote:

''when you use a new card we first ask your bank to give us the confirmation for the card, Whether its valid and is active or not and that's why you see a 1 GBP authorisation, Once we get the confirmation from the bank we go ahead and process the order and we only charge you 24 hours before dispatching the item.
    Amazon.co.uk doesn't support entering the three-digit CVV code found on the back of some cards. If the code is required by the issuing bank, payments may not process successfully. ''

I have enough money on Revolut card so I hope all will be fine and i will save well over 23euros :D

There you go, glad it worked out for you and you enjoy your new gadget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If the transaction was authorized by Revolut (which it looks like it has because the money is reserved as you say) than the challenge is at Amazon's end, maybe the Address Verification did fail or the processor they use has problems accepting a billing address different from shipping address.

I'm pretty sure that there is no Name or address check on a standard debit card ,only credit cards.
    I'm not sure what Revolut do though.

There you go, glad it worked out for you and you enjoy your new gadget.

FFS...Just received email from amazon that my payment was decline even they charged my Revolut at 1:05 am...:mad::mad::mad: Who should i contact first?

FFS...Just received email from amazon that my payment was decline even they charged my Revolut at 1:05 am...:mad::mad::mad: Who should i contact first?

If you can see the charge in your revolut account as pending than I would suggest you contact Amazon and ask them what the problem is.

• Advertisement

If you can see the charge in your revolut account as pending than I would suggest you contact Amazon and ask them what the problem is.

Just did and had to cancel all orders as they cant process payment .Revolut said that putting CCV is obligatory but amazon doesnt ask for that code.
    Also amazon gave me transaction code so Revolut can relase my money,now ball is on revolut side.I cant wait 10 days for automatic reversal as sum is pretty big for me.

Just did and had to cancel all orders as they cant process payment .Revolut said that putting CCV is obligatory but amazon doesnt ask for that code.
    Also amazon gave me transaction code so Revolut can relase my money,now ball is on revolut side.I cant wait 10 days for automatic reversal as sum is pretty big for me.

With the transaction code the money should be back soon.

However the CCV answer from Revolut is not true in my experience.

I have used my revolut card multiple times with Amazon without a problem and that in both € and £ on .de and .co.uk.

CCV is not mandatory, Amazon takes the full risk for fraudulent transactions if they don't use the CCV.

Unless Revolut has done a change to their rules and now is requiring CCV which would be bad and not logic, especially as they just had a blog entry telling us all how to save money on Amazon.

However if the amount is shown as authorized than it is unlogic that they now say the CCV is needed because they already approved the transaction.

Mysterious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is there any way to activate the card without a pass machine?

I put money on my Nephews card before he went away, but he forgot to activate it, and no pass machine anywhere near where he is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Allyall wrote: »

I put money on my Nephews card before he went away, but he forgot to activate it, and no pass machine anywhere near where he is..

I doubt it. Could try a pass machine where he's gone to but I doubt it would work.

Jayop wrote: »
    I doubt it. Could try a pass machine where he's gone to but I doubt it would work.

No pass machine where he is. Not for miles. Does it have to be activated here?

Well, I think he can forget that then...

My card is working again,withdrew cash earlier. However I want to buy something from Ebay, but when I try to link Revolut card to PayPal a/c it says "This card is not accepted. Please use a different card"..........Anyone use theirs on Ebay/PayPal?

Try hitting up support on the app and explaining the problem but honestly I don't see you getting much joy.

My card is working again,withdrew cash earlier. However I want to buy something from Ebay, but when I try to link Revolut card to PayPal a/c it says "This card is not accepted. Please use a different card"..........Anyone use theirs on Ebay/PayPal?

Yep on both many times with no issues.

Jayop wrote: »
    Yep on both many times with no issues.
    So maybe my card is still banjaxed! Although the fact I withdrew cash earlier from it gave me the impression it was fixed...........Guess I'll have to spend all day tomorrow chasing them for answers on their wonderful app support!
    EDIT- Had a zero balance and they sent me a message saying insufficient balance. Topped up a/c, now its been added. Paypal took a pending charge of $1...dunno why.

So maybe my card is still banjaxed! Although the fact I withdrew cash earlier from it gave me the impression it was fixed...........Guess I'll have to spend all day tomorrow chasing them for answers on their wonderful app support!
    EDIT- Had a zero balance and they sent me a message saying insufficient balance. Topped up a/c, now its been added. Paypal took a pending charge of $1...dunno why.

Paypall and the likes always do that for a new card. If that went though then it should be working ok. That $1 transaction will be cancelled in a few days.

• Advertisement

With the transaction code the money should be back soon.

However the CCV answer from Revolut is not true in my experience.

I have used my revolut card multiple times with Amazon without a problem and that in both € and £ on .de and .co.uk.

CCV is not mandatory, Amazon takes the full risk for fraudulent transactions if they don't use the CCV.

Unless Revolut has done a change to their rules and now is requiring CCV which would be bad and not logic, especially as they just had a blog entry telling us all how to save money on Amazon.

However if the amount is shown as authorized than it is unlogic that they now say the CCV is needed because they already approved the transaction.

Mysterious.

I dont know but Revolut was quick and easy and money available after 10 min
    Tell me this in Revolut I have eirecode and same eirecode in amazon.do you have eirecode in both accounts?
    Its very strange for me as well ,because I have used revolut on paypal and other few websites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Activate it? Is that new? Can't recall that was required when I got this. Get app, use straight away and when you receive card start using it. Only if you've changed the pin do you need a machine I think... Could have changed...

flyguy wrote: »
    Activate it? Is that new? Can't recall that was required when I got this. Get app, use straight away and when you receive card start using it. Only if you've changed the pin do you need a machine I think... Could have changed...

You have to activate the PIN. Always did iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

From what I recall that's only if you've actually changed the pin from the one you're issued. Otherwise you can just use that one in any chip&pin -as said- I could be wrong...

Yeah, I don't know, I can't remember.
    I have a vague recollection of having to stick my card in the ATM to activate it. But I may be thinking of another card.
    Anyway, no real problem, just that he won't be able to access the money I put on it until he's back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

I recall having to activate it in an atm before I had full functions on card.

I dont know but Revolut was quick and easy and money available after 10 min
    Tell me this in Revolut I have eirecode and same eirecode in amazon.do you have eirecode in both accounts?
    Its very strange for me as well ,because I have used revolut on paypal and other few websites...

I have my Eircode entered as "Postcode" in Amazon and in Revolut App next to the search icon in the address, so I assume it's Postcode there too.

I still don't understand your amazon problem, because it works fine for me. Was this on Amazon.co.uk?

If the PIN was not changed since you ordered the card than you don't need to activate anything, the card can be used straight away.

Only if you did change the PIN than you would need to do the first transaction on a terminal that does an online PIN validation, generally that are ATM's (which I think you refer to as pass machine), however it could also be a shop which does online PIN validation.

Once the new PIN is validated online it is written onto the CHIP of the card and ready to be used in future at all stores, including those which do validate the PIN offline.

that are ATM's (which I think you refer to as pass machine),

Yeah, not sure how that snook into my vocabulary. Think my Mother calls it that.
    Sometimes I say ATM when I realise I have said/been saying pass machine :).

Thanks, I'll text him that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Many many years ago I was travelling to Australia with a friend via Bangkok. I remember we were leaving the hotel in Bangkok to do a bit of shopping where my friend asks reception 'where is the nearest pass machine?'. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement