Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Latest version on iOS isn't launching for me at all. Emailed support but got an auto reply saying the email support is closed and to use the in app support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You can't use the physical card at a credit card machine until it's been activated in an atm. Has always been so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Jayop wrote: »
    You can't use the physical card at a credit card machine until it's been activated in an atm. Has always been so.

That is not true since they launched version 2.0.

Before 2.0 you needed to visit an ATM or a Card Terminal that validated the PIN online to be able to use the card at all terminals (because some use offline PIN validation and the card had no valid PIN on it). The card was always valid without any further steps you just could not use it at certain terminals.

Since 2.0 you don't need to do that anymore unless you have changed the PIN because you now set the PIN before the card is issued and hence has the correct PIN on it. So the card can be used everywhere without a trip to the ATM first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Are the issues people we having with the card solved at this stage?

That is not true since they launched version 2.0.

Before 2.0 you needed to visit an ATM or a Card Terminal that validated the PIN online to be able to use the card at all terminals (because some use offline PIN validation and the card had no valid PIN on it). The card was always valid without any further steps you just could not use it at certain terminals.

Since 2.0 you don't need to do that anymore unless you have changed the PIN because you now set the PIN before the card is issued and hence has the correct PIN on it. So the card can be used everywhere without a trip to the ATM first.

When did this happen??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I had a pretty horrific experience with my Revolut card at the weekend .
    I bought 2 tickets last Tuesday for a big concert in London at the weekend .

When I turned up at the venue ,I was refused entry ,I was told that the tickets had been cancelled that day by AXS ,the operators of the O2.:(
    Upon ringing AXS ,they said the order had been cancelled due to a billing address issue and suspected fraud.
    The transaction had gone through fine on the Revolut 4 days earlier so I have no idea why they waited 4 days to cancel the tickets and to cancel them in the manner they did was appalling.
    No email ,no phone call to notify me of cancellation .

A complete disaster of a weekend ,the missus was in tears ,I wont be using the Revolut again for some time.

Not sure how that's Revoluts fault?

When did this happen??

12 January 2016

Is it normal for Amazon to charge an authorisation amount every once and a while? I've been using the card with them a good while now but recently they charged a quid to it again.

It annoyed me as I topped up by the approximate amount for the purchase but then the £1 charge scuppered everything! Bloody irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It annoyed me as I topped up by the approximate amount for the purchase but then the £1 charge scuppered everything! Bloody irritating.

For charged £1 charge on my card again yesterday when ordering something but assumed it was to do with changing the delivery address associated with the card.

• Advertisement

Is it normal for Amazon to charge an authorisation amount every once and a while? I've been using the card with them a good while now but recently they charged a quid to it again.

They do this sporadicly.

If you change the delivery address or the order is a higher amount and not send to the billing address, you can pretty much guarantee they will get the 1£.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Rewired wrote: »
    Latest version on iOS isn't launching for me at all. Emailed support but got an auto reply saying the email support is closed and to use the in app support.

Works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Card got rejected at DART ticket machine, anyone else had that problem?

Yeah every now and again they'll charge the quid. It never actually comes out but it's pre-authorized for a few days so you can't use it.

Always better to top up by a few quid extra to stop this from happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Have been using card between, heathrow, Texas , NY. Haven't had a problem with it at all. Only thing I fecked up on but needed cash quickly was I used Citibank instead of JD, took out $600 and got charged extra $3 for the pleasure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

heading north in the morning and using the real card for the first time. have my visa as a backup:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Also just a quick tip if it hasn't been said already. I downloaded the uber app, linked it to revolut card. I got $22 off my first trip as a first time user so maybe of help to someone coming to NY

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

Is it any limit on the card in £ if i wish to pay for example 10k+ for the car?

pavelpro wrote: »

If you're not verified it's something like 1500 annually. Not sure once you are verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭insullation

Once you have verified your Revolut account to spend over £750 or equivalent, daily debit card top ups are limited to £1000/$1000/€1000. If you need to top up more, you can make a bank transfer to your Revolut account. We require proof of funds to process large transactions over £10,000 or equivalent.

An example of proof of funds would be a bank statement which shows your name, address, the bank logo and shows a month of transactions. Please note this can be a printed/pdf. statement only - we can't accept a photo of your online/mobile banking. It could also be a contract for a house purchase or a payslip, we simply need to determine the origin of the funds. Please contact the in-app support for more information.

Card spending is limited to £30,000 or equivalent per year with a sublimit of £5,000 or equivalent per 96 hours meaning that you cannot exceed £5,000 or equivalent in card spending in a 96 hour period. Cash withdrawals from ATMs are limited to £2,000 or equivalent per day

• Advertisement

Tried using my card today in Belfast and it was declined.
    After 2 hours waiting on support to answer me I gave up.
    Thankfully I had my credit card with me but it kind of defeated the purpose.

Tried using my card today in Belfast and it was declined.
    After 2 hours waiting on support to answer me I gave up.
    Thankfully I had my credit card with me but it kind of defeated the purpose.

Strange. a girl I work with got one last week and used it in Derry no problem. Did you use it down here before you went up and did you convert the money to sterling before using it. Were you using it at an ATM or in a shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

€7 to replace a lost card is extortion

Strange. a girl I work with got one last week and used it in Derry no problem. Did you use it down here before you went up and did you convert the money to sterling before using it. Were you using it at an ATM or in a shop?

Added money to it. used it in both atm and shop without success.
    7 hours before i got a reply on their support chat!

€7 to replace a lost card is extortion

Do the other banks charge?

Considering they provide their services at no cost to the user then providing for a replacement card probably should cost something.

Added money to it. used it in both atm and shop without success.
    7 hours before i got a reply on their support chat!

Yeah but did you transfer the money to sterling on your app and had you used the card in the south before going to the north?

Yeah but did you transfer the money to sterling on your app and had you used the card in the south before going to the north?

it was in sterling on the card. hadnt used the card down here.

it was in sterling on the card. hadnt used the card down here.

I know someone here said that you didn't have to use it in an ATM first but I don't think that's true.

My friend that was in Derry last week said that there was a note with the card when it arrived saying that she had to activate it in her own country before using it abroad (in this instance NI is considered abroad). She used it once here at an ATM to pull out €20 and then used it in NI all weekend no problem.

Do you still have the stuff that came with the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Unless the car seller accepts a credit card for payment of the full cost of the car, you will have to withdraw the cash from an atm. I doubt if many dealers will accept credit cards for large amounts, as they have to pay a fee (approx 2%) on all credit card sales. The dealer will probably take a deposit using a credit card, but not the full price.

There is also a daily limit on what you can withdraw from an atm, so you will be a week or two waiting to get your money.

Another problem is that you can only withdraw £500 per month "free" from an atm using the revolut card. After that revolut charge a 2% fee.

So, I wouldn't plan on buying a car for £10K with the card.

• Advertisement

I know someone here said that you didn't have to use it in an ATM first but I don't think that's true.

My friend that was in Derry last week said that there was a note with the card when it arrived saying that she had to activate it in her own country before using it abroad (in this instance NI is considered abroad). She used it once here at an ATM to pull out €20 and then used it in NI all weekend no problem.

Do you still have the stuff that came with the card?

Can't find the stuff that came with it. Never used it down here.at explain things :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement