Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

€7 to replace a lost card is extortion

Hardly. It's a service for which you pay nothing. Plenty of banks charge more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Jayop wrote: »
    I know someone here said that you didn't have to use it in an ATM first but I don't think that's true.

My friend that was in Derry last week said that there was a note with the card when it arrived saying that she had to activate it in her own country before using it abroad (in this instance NI is considered abroad). She used it once here at an ATM to pull out €20 and then used it in NI all weekend no problem.

Do you still have the stuff that came with the card?

and also in every other instance you can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

and also in every other instance you can think of.

Honestly, do you realise that this is a thread about a card and not one for you to stir an argument about your political views. There's loads of threads where I'll argue that toss with you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Some modern point-of-sale terminals can sync the PIN to the card so an ATM may not be required. In most cases though you're better off registering the PIN to the card as soon as you get it and test it in a shop locally before going abroad. That'll rule out any possible PIN issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I just received a refund today which was sent by Amazon almost 2 months ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

soirish wrote: »
    Works fine for me.
    Yeah, from reading replies on their Twitter account, seems the current version is broken on ios7 only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Amouar wrote: »
    I just received a refund today which was sent by Amazon almost 2 months ago!

Got a refund from a shopin the uk in 24 hours

I got my amazon refund in a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So I had one refund from Amazon over 2.99£ pending since 16 February, while all other refunds from them usually showed a day or two later.

This morning I noticed several notifications on my phone from Revolut and my account now shows not only those 2.99£ but also several other refunds from Amazon from mid February, problem is that all of those were already credited when they were done. I now have loads of refunds that were already credited, I now owe Revolut/Amazon a large chunk of money.

On top of that last week Revolut decided to credit me an authorization that was weeks old because "amazon never finalized the transaction" while amazon says, they did and in their books this authorization is settled.

I now have hundreds of £ in my Revolut account that are not mine and all support tells me that my account is in order and all transactions have correctly processed.

This is not a good sign, if they can't process transactions correctly and are not interested in the fact that they gave me money back to which I'm not entitled it can only be a matter of time before they go out of business.

Yes, I keep the money I'm not entitled in the account in case they decide to reauthorize or revert back, but I should not be needing to tell them what mess they are making.

So I had one refund from Amazon over 2.99£ pending since 16 February, while all other refunds from them usually showed a day or two later.

This morning I noticed several notifications on my phone from Revolut and my account now shows not only those 2.99£ but also several other refunds from Amazon from mid February, problem is that all of those were already credited when they were done. I now have loads of refunds that were already credited, I now owe Revolut/Amazon a large chunk of money.

On top of that last week Revolut decided to credit me an authorization that was weeks old because "amazon never finalized the transaction" while amazon says, they did and in their books this authorization is settled.

I now have hundreds of £ in my Revolut account that are not mine and all support tells me that my account is in order and all transactions have correctly processed.

This is not a good sign, if they can't process transactions correctly and are not interested in the fact that they gave me money back to which I'm not entitled it can only be a matter of time before they go out of business.

Yes, I keep the money I'm not entitled in the account in case they decide to reauthorize or revert back, but I should not be needing to tell them what mess they are making.

I just noticed the same thing! I got a refund in February and now I'm getting the same refund!

• Advertisement

Amouar wrote: »
    I just noticed the same thing! I got a refund in February and now I'm getting the same refund!

This is going to be a disaster.

This is going to be a disaster.

Maybe the issue is from Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

So im just after using the card(digitally) for the first time. have to say its been a disaster. Trying to buy a phone on amazon. Topped up the card from the bank Wednesday night and was ready by end of business day today. only to find out amazon upped the product price. so i topped up via card. to equal the amount but the card was declined by amazon i tried 4 more times but no avail. used Revoluts mobile support section disaster no response, so i rang them and got automated and hung up on(serious case of dafuq at this stage) rang again and got through to someone called Julian i nearly swear hed rather be dead so morbid on the phone. tried amazon again after that still declined and tried the support app again only for julian to show up. he asked me did it work i said no and im still over 1.5 hours later waiting for a response.

Anyway ive successfully connected my card to my paypal account £-0.70($1) was successfully deducted and returned a good sign i know the card works and went to exspansys and successful debited got my paypal confirm and my revolut confim just there. Fingers crossed its not declined although the money is now withdrawn

Conclusion: Stay as far away from this company as possible. Their customer service is terrible check out their facebook page same response over and over
    Hi X - sorry for the delay in responding to you. I can see that an agent got in contact with you. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Thanks
    Hi, we are extremely sorry for the issues that you have experienced - we can see that an agent is looking at your query and will respond as soon as they can. Sorry for this.
    Hi, sorry for the issues that you experienced. We can see that an agent has been in contact. If you need anything else, please let us know. Thanks

They can see everything including my failed amazon withdrawals but arent exactly helping right away. Actually dissapointed thought this would be an extremely handy company

It's a shame that all of these fintech companies have the same issue: bad customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's a shame that all of these fintech companies have the same issue: bad customer service.

They're start ups, it's part and parcel of it and everyone trying to be first movers trying to get in early. Doesn't make it acceptable, but when you get a service for free, even one that doesn't work perfectly, the level of support you can expect is never going to be stellar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I want to use this when buying form the UK car phone warehouse but they won't ship outside the UK Mainland.

The only courier I've seen with a mainland forwarding address is An Posts AddressPal but they don't offer insurance and obviously won't risk a €700 phone like that.

Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard are NI address so no use.

Anyone here know a workaround?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mourinho wrote: »
    I want to use this when buying form the UK car phone warehouse but they won't ship outside the UK Mainland.

The only courier I've seen with a mainland forwarding address is An Posts AddressPal but they don't offer insurance and obviously won't risk a €700 phone like that.

Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard are NI address so no use.

Anyone here know a workaround?

I bought a phone off the UK carphone warehouse using my Revolut last week.
    Delivered to Parcel Wizard ,only took 2 days from Uk to my door.

I bought a phone off the UK carphone warehouse using my Revolut last week.
    Delivered to Parcel Wizard ,only took 2 days from Uk to my door.

It says UK mainland only on the site tho? But Parcel Wizard address is NI? How's that I wonder?

You just used the PW NI address as normal do with Revolut and all was good?

Might give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Jhcx wrote: »
    So im just after using the card(digitally) for the first time. have to say its been a disaster. Trying to buy a phone on amazon. Topped up the card from the bank Wednesday night and was ready by end of business day today. only to find out amazon upped the product price. so i topped up via card. to equal the amount but the card was declined by amazon i tried 4 more times but no avail. used Revoluts mobile support section disaster no response, so i rang them and got automated and hung up on(serious case of dafuq at this stage) rang again and got through to someone called Julian i nearly swear hed rather be dead so morbid on the phone. tried amazon again after that still declined and tried the support app again only for julian to show up. he asked me did it work i said no and im still over 1.5 hours later waiting for a response.

Anyway ive successfully connected my card to my paypal account £-0.70($1) was successfully deducted and returned a good sign i know the card works and went to exspansys and successful debited got my paypal confirm and my revolut confim just there. Fingers crossed its not declined although the money is now withdrawn

Conclusion: Stay as far away from this company as possible. Their customer service is terrible check out their facebook page same response over and over

They can see everything including my failed amazon withdrawals but arent exactly helping right away. Actually dissapointed thought this would be an extremely handy company

I had problems with amazon as well...And only with amazon.Ive been using card on many uk and polish websites.No hassle at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It says UK mainland only on the site tho? But Parcel Wizard address is NI? How's that I wonder?

Might give it a go

Yes ,I used the Parcel Wizard address in Newtownabbey .
    They will deliver to NI no bother ,CPW use DPD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Might give it a go

You can use An Posts UK address service, it's warehouse is in mainland UK .

Yes ,I used the Parcel Wizard address in Newtownabbey .
    They will deliver to NI no bother ,CPW use DPD.

Cheers man!

Just off chat with support. 10 days ago they made a change to Revolut and now all of us can use the card over the phone!

Unless of course they are using SAGE, like loads of UK vendors, meaning the 850EUR I just sent onto my card to buy something was a complete waste of time. The support in Revolut is an absolute disgrace, I will stop using this from now on.

They promised me I could use the card over the phone and I wouldn't be stuck with the funds in my account having to wait several days to return it to my bank. Sure enough, it failed over the phone. I even tried to use Paypal, which used to work, but they have stopped that now too. SO I have to wait until Revolut put the money back into my bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Do I need to do something to activate the physical card.

sue97 wrote: »

Some say no but I recommend withdrawing twenty quid from the bank link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

sue97 wrote: »

Put card in to an atm, put in pin code, then change pin code and then request card back. If you take money out you will be hit with the 12c charge for using it in Ireland. I did this before I went to US. Didn't have one problem with it over there and UK

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Does anyone know at what time they resort to the rubbish weekend exchange rates. I doubt it's midnight tonight. Thanks.

Does anyone know at what time they resort to the rubbish weekend exchange rates. I doubt it's midnight tonight. Thanks.

Log into your Revolut app, click exchange and if you see exchange rate fluctuating it's still active but once it's not budging then you know.

• Advertisement

Also like I said when I was in NY yesterday I ordered an Uber cab through Uber app, linked my card to it and found out I was better off linking it to my PayPal account as it didn't recognize my card but it did through PayPal. Anyway Uber driver let me down and I was charged $10. I got onto Uber yesterday and they did a refund through PayPal instantly. Got refund back into my revolut card today which was fairly quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement