Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Right... better to play it safe, but I'd assume if the several hundred refund is still in your account in 6 months, you could assume it's yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

mrcheez wrote: »
    Right... better to play it safe, but I'd assume if the several hundred refund is still in your account in 6 months, you could assume it's yours

One hopes that by than the vendors have noticed and either tried to re-charge or contacted me about alternative payments.

But how Revolut handles it does not feel me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Some transactions stay for me in pending for month but the vendor says they have processed the payment correctly.

I contacted Revolut CS about it and on 2 occasions now they told me "very sorry, we have released the money to you now". I protested and said, that was not what I asked for but they say, the vendor did never request the final amount and hence these should have dropped. I called the vendor and they say, they did and in their books I paid. Weeks later after that happened they still claim that and can't see any problems.

So I know have loads of money in my wallet that is not mine but neither revolut nor the vendor want to help. So I leave it there just in case either revolut or the vendor finally realize what's going on and request the funds again.

This happened me too. I had 2 pending items from February and asked CS if there was a problem with the payments. Before they even replied the money was refunded! I told them I didn't want a refund, I was just checking if everything was ok but they just kept repeating the same copy and paste response. Makes me uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is there any problems using this on sites that use 3d secure (or whatever the system is called).

Sick of 3Money card being refused on sites, even if it is handy topping up in shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How long does it take for a card to be sent out? Heading to the UK in over a week so would be useful to have.

Also are there atm fees charged for taking out cash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

will56 wrote: »
    I tried to top it up just there (coupla-hundred) and it said my bank declined it, but then I got a text from the bank asking me to confirm.

After I confirmed it's still in "Pending".

Does it take a while for larger top-ups to go through?

I was talking with Support. They had me uninstall the app, remove and then re add the card.
    I can now top up by €10 !
    Seems the issue has to be referred
    Add your reply here. Managed to sort this out myself. It seems I was near the limit for top ups without verification. Haven't actually spent 1490 on the card but had topped up by that much.
    Once I verified my identity top ups worked as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I had to use my AIB Visa debit card this other night as I already had my revolut card registered on a certain site. It was only 1 pound sterling but couldn't believe the exchange rate I got from AIB of 0.57 cents to pound....Robbing #astards

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Annie_Oakes

fritzelly wrote: »
    Is there any problems using this on sites that use 3d secure (or whatever the system is called).

Sick of 3Money card being refused on sites, even if it is handy topping up in shops
    As far as I know, 3D secure is done at the request of your bank. I get it all the time with PTSB but never with Revolout.

As far as I know, 3D secure is done at the request of your bank. I get it all the time with PTSB but never with Revolout.

I get the 3D secure step whenever topping up Revolut from my bank.

How long does it take for a card to be sent out? Heading to the UK in over a week so would be useful to have.

Also are there atm fees charged for taking out cash?

With bank holiday next week I don't think you will have the card in time:

Out of the FAQ:
    Due to high demand delivery time is currently up to 8 working days to a UK address and 15 working days for international delivery from the date of order.

As long as you stay under the fair usage amount for ATM withdraws there are n charges, over it there is 2%.

Out of the FAQ:
    Withdrawing cash from an ATM with your Revolut multi-currency card is free for £500 (or equivalent) each month after which there is a 2% charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

I know someone who ordered recently and it took less than week.

fritzelly wrote: »

Revolut does not participate in Mastercard Securecode.

A merchant can specify that he does want to use Mastercard Securecode where the issuing bank does offer it, they also might choose to decline acceptance of a card which does not.

Which is why sometimes you run into problems with your 3Money card, the same can happen with Revolut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

is there any way around getting smart phone?

i cannot get get app to download to laptop..

is there any way around getting smart phone?

i cannot get get app to download to laptop..

I haven't tested yet but it might be possible to run it with an Android emulator on your PC using http://www.bluestacks.com/

It's one of the things that bothers me about it. Surely most companies have web apps nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

thanks, if you find away around please let me know...

i am not really good in this area...

regards

I haven't tested yet but it might be possible to run it with an Android emulator on your PC using http://www.bluestacks.com/

It's one of the things that bothers me about it. Surely most companies have web apps nowadays?

I have used Revolut on bluestacks before, works fine. Little tricky to get the id scanned correctly for verification but with patience it works.

I have used Revolut on bluestacks before, works fine. Little tricky to get the id scanned correctly for verification but with patience it works.

I'm guessing if you have the account verified and setup via a phone app, then the bluestacks version should have no issues, or do you need to verify it again on bluestacks?

I have to give back the android phone I've borrowed soon, but want to continue using Revolut after.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I ordered it for a friend and it took less than a week to get, not sure how the BH will mix things up though. Recently used it in the UK and was mighty impressed, ran short of cash so topped it up via my number26, exchanged to sterling and ran to an ATM to withdraw faster than it took my mate to get a round in in my absence lol

I'm guessing if you have the account verified and setup via a phone app, then the bluestacks version should have no issues, or do you need to verify it again on bluestacks?

I have to give back the android phone I've borrowed soon, but want to continue using Revolut after.

When you first activate on any new phone you need to validate the account via sms but no id verification needed. So you are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

Got a revolut about two weeks ago and I've used it a good bit for online shopping and a trip to Japan. I've found it brilliant. Exchange rate excellent. Often very close or even better than the XE rate. Love the fact that you can store money in USD and Sterling if you're happy to lock in a rate. I have used to for two USD sites and two sterling sites and all no issues. I would highly recommend. I was using some of the new security features where I had the magstrip turned off. The. A shop tried to use it, I was about to quickly go into the app and turn it back on all before they slipped again and it worked! Top-ups have been effectively instant for me too.

• Advertisement

hecmail wrote: »
    Got a revolut about two weeks ago and I've used it a good bit for online shopping and a trip to Japan. I've found it brilliant. Exchange rate excellent. Often very close or even better than the XE rate. Love the fact that you can store money in USD and Sterling if you're happy to lock in a rate. I have used to for two USD sites and two sterling sites and all no issues. I would highly recommend. I was using some of the new security features where I had the magstrip turned off. The. A shop tried to use it, I was about to quickly go into the app and turn it back on all before they slipped again and it worked! Top-ups have been effectively instant for me too.

Did you use it in ATMs in Japan? Were there any service charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Did anyone ever sent money from revolut to N26 bank account? If so how long did it take?

It's a better option than sending through AIB, as a card reader is always required for non Irish banks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Amouar wrote: »
    Did anyone ever sent money from revolut to N26 bank account? If so how long did it take?

It's a better option than sending through AIB, as a card reader is always required for non Irish banks.

Bank transfers are usually 2-5 business days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Anyone finding the app very slow, and freezing?

Is there any other way to talk to support?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone finding the app very slow, and freezing?

Is there any other way to talk to support?

Ios App seems fine for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hana123

Just to report my experience with Revolut whilst using it in South America.

Used it within South America the last four months. Only recently that I was charged due to their new fee structure policies but otherwise, this card saved me a lot of transaction fees. Most ATMs accepted the card in most countries (Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru and Colombia). But be aware that some banks in these countries charge their own ATM fees, others don't.. so it would be worthwhile to know which ones charge zero fees on withdrawal transactions. In Argentina, all banks charge fees unfortunately, 100 pesos which is around 6 euros.

Sometimes, when you attempt to withdraw big amounts on an ATM, it says your card is rejected or transaction is cancelled. I figured out it's not because they don't accept the Revolut card, but because there's no enough money on that machine. Try a different machine or a different bank if you have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

hana123 wrote: »
    Just to report my experience with Revolut whilst using it in South America.

Used it within South America the last four months. Only recently that I was charged due to their new fee structure policies but otherwise, this card saved me a lot of transaction fees. Most ATMs accepted the card in most countries (Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru and Colombia). But be aware that some banks in these countries charge their own ATM fees, others don't.. so it would be worthwhile to know which ones charge zero fees on withdrawal transactions. In Argentina, all banks charge fees unfortunately, 100 pesos which is around 6 euros.

Sometimes, when you attempt to withdraw big amounts on an ATM, it says your card is rejected or transaction is cancelled. I figured out it's not because they don't accept the Revolut card, but because there's no enough money on that machine. Try a different machine or a different bank if you have the option.

Did the ATM tells you beforehand that you'll be charged 100 pesos?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hana123

They do. They tell you the total amount to be deducted from your accoount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,425 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Any chance you'd handle GBP cheques?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ios App seems fine for me anyway

Might be a dodgy 3 connection... probably ¨updating masts locally¨..:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement