Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, do you get charged for transferring money in and out of your revolut account through your Irish debit/credit card e.g. aib ?

No, as long as you top up in euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Depends on what you mean - AIB will still charge you the 23c or whatever it is transaction charge on their end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Can I top up in euros and then exchange to US Dollars and then use online american stores which require american credit cards only.
    example. Playstation Network or iTunes Store

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Why are you using the Playstation Store's/iTunes's US versions? All you need for those is a US address AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

boardzz wrote: »
    Can I top up in euros and then exchange to US Dollars and then use online american stores which require american credit cards only.
    example. Playstation Network or iTunes Store

For PSN I think your card billing address must be in the US.

I just buy $10 top up cards and add them to my account, which is generally cheaper anyway. You need a US PSN account set up but that takes seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

No for making purchases they require a US credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

I was able to use Revolut on the US PSN before I was verified. Now I can't change it to some random US address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Can you load your account/card by eft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Can you load your account/card by eft

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Is there a customer name on the card?
    I cant find mine at the moment but want to set it up for shopping online. I dont remember there being a customer name on the card though.? Is there one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Annie_Oakes

Is there a customer name on the card?
    I cant find mine at the moment but want to set it up for shopping online. I dont remember there being a customer name on the card though.? Is there one?
    Yep, looking at mine now, there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

I tried using the card on Amazon but it said it was an invalid card. Anyone seen this before?

tglynn wrote: »
    I tried using the card on Amazon but it said it was an invalid card. Anyone seen this before?

It worked for me using mastercard/eurocard option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

have purchased off Amazon for about 8 months and never an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Double check that you have inputted the correct number and expiration date.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thayes

mgray wrote: »
    I deleted my card details from app, uninstalled then reinstalled. Then trief to add my card again which kept getting refused.

Even had transaction blocked by UB and had to call fraud dept to tell them to allow payments to Revolut.

The eventual address format that worked for me was.

Postcode. - Dublin ##
    Address 1. - Street name (leaving out house no.)
    Address 2. - left blank
    City. - I put my Dublin district
    Province/State. - Dublin.

Thanks a mill, I have spent hours trying to solve this issue both with Revolut and UB with no success until I found your post :-)
    I just used the UB debit card for the first time without issue, thanks a mill.

I did topup previously by transferring money directly from my UB account the Revolut account, but i was charged 3.7% fee! Anyone know if I can get that refunded or who took the fee. Revolt and UB are saying it wasn't them (i used the correct euro account at Revolut), but as the IBAN starts with GB, Ulster Bank say it won't be transferred via sepa!

BrookieD wrote:

Are you charged from your euro wallet or from sterling wallet? Or did you have anything in sterling wallet?
    I'm trying to work out when different currency wallets are used, out if they are used in online transactions.

BrookieD wrote:

Are you charged from your euro wallet or from sterling wallet when buying from Amazon UK? Or did you have anything in sterling wallet?
    I'm trying to work out when different currency wallets are used, out if they are used in online transactions.

thayes wrote:
    I did topup previously by transferring money directly from my UB account the Revolut account, but i was charged 3.7% fee! Anyone know if I can get that refunded or who took the fee. Revolt and UB are saying it wasn't them (i used the correct euro account at Revolut), but as the IBAN starts with GB, Ulster Bank say it won't be transferred via sepa!

Doesn't sound right. But not an UB customer. I'd that unique to Ulster bank??

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

thayes wrote: »

I transferred a few times before I figured out the address format and I was never charged any extra..

• Advertisement

BrookieD wrote:

Are you charged from your euro wallet or from sterling wallet when buying from Amazon UK? Or did you have anything in sterling wallet?
    Charged from my Euro wallet mate - but I have funds in the STG but am sure it default to Euro - n fact i know it does as I have a steady stream of purchases up to a couple weeks back and it uses default base Euro wallet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Have used Revolut without problems on Ebay up until today - card was refused for a PayPal transaction. Worse still, the money has been debited from my Revolut balance, so no money and no goods :( I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
    No response from CS either.

mgray wrote: »
    I transferred a few times before I figured out the address format and I was never charged any extra..

I agree it does not sound right, but I have spent a few hours going in at different times trying to figure out all the issues - without success! Your post has saved me.
    The address they have listed for you now, is it incorrect if the house number is not listed?

Out of interest, did you do the transfer online or at a branch? I did it from a branch (twice and 3.7% taken somewhere along the line on both occasions).
    Did you use Gb73xxxxxx?
    It would be good to have the bank transfer as fallback. Thanks for the help

i just transferred close to 4k from aib linked visa debit and zero fees

BrookieD wrote: »
    i just transferred close to 4k from aib linked visa debit and zero fees

I got the debit card from Ulster bank working today and did not incur any fees for the topup- I only got hit for the fees when I did the transfer in a branch of ulster bank (did 2 transfers at different times in case it was an error the first time, same result with times). I wasn't able to get a satisfactory explanation for the deduction. Revolt say its ulster bank and the way they did the transfer. Ulster bank couldn't give a definitive answer, other than they said it was to a country outside the euro, but that still didn't make sense as it was a euro a/c to euro a/c transfer within the EU! And other people have made the transfer without incurring fees! Frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Don't let Ulster Bank off the hook -horrible bank!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I got the debit card from Ulster bank working today and did not incur any fees for the topup- I only got hit for the fees when I did the transfer in a branch of ulster bank (did 2 transfers at different times in case it was an error the first time, same result with times). I wasn't able to get a satisfactory explanation for the deduction. Revolt say its ulster bank and the way they did the transfer. Ulster bank couldn't give a definitive answer, other than they said it was to a country outside the euro, but that still didn't make sense as it was a euro a/c to euro a/c transfer within the EU! And other people have made the transfer without incurring fees! Frustrating!

UK being outside the Eurozone is irrelevant. If you make a standard Euro transfer to a UK bank, it's covered by SEPA and the only possible reason for charges is if the receiving account is non-Euro (in which case the receiving bank would apply a currency conversion fee).

But in this case the receiving account is a Euro account so it sounds like Ulster Bank processed the transfer as a more exotic type such as an urgent transfer and charged you for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Out of interest, did you do the transfer online or at a branch? I did it from a branch (twice and 3.7% taken somewhere along the line on both occasions).
    Did you use Gb73xxxxxx?
    It would be good to have the bank transfer as fallback. Thanks for the help

I did mine online, international transfer selecting standard delivery 3-4 days - 0 fees..

Pretty sure it was GB73........

BrookieD wrote: »
    Charged from my Euro wallet mate - but I have funds in the STG but am sure it default to Euro - n fact i know it does as I have a steady stream of purchases up to a couple weeks back and it uses default base Euro wallet

I used it on amazon and it came out of the uk wallet so i was glad with that as that was the point of the card as far as i was concerned. i was choosing to pay in sterling anyway if that made the difference.
    I know it came out of the stg when using it in a shop in the north too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Thanks a mill, I have spent hours trying to solve this issue both with Revolut and UB with no success until I found your post :-)
    I just used the UB debit card for the first time without issue, thanks a mill.

I still can't make purchases from amazon with this.

I ue the following
    • Postcode
    • Street (The Drive) with street number
    • Estate
    • City
    • County
    • Ireland, Republic of
    • Phone:

Any Ideas??

regards,
    BobbyT28

This discussion has been closed.