Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I still can't make purchases from amazon with this.

I ue the following
    • Postcode
    • Street (The Drive) with street number
    • Estate
    • City
    • County
    • Ireland, Republic of
    • Phone:

Any Ideas??

regards,
    BobbyT28

Does it add ok for Amazon?
    Have you enabled online buying/e-commerce in the app under advanced security for the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Does it add ok for Amazon?
    Have you enabled online buying/e-commerce in the app under advanced security for the card?

Yes adds ok.

e-commerece is enabled (greyed out)

Stumped at this stage! MIght have to make another purchase on amazon just to test it out :D:D:D:D

BobbyT28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Does anyone know what option I should be choosing for withdrawals at US atms? Checking, savings, or current?

Yes adds ok.

e-commerece is enabled (greyed out)

Stumped at this stage! MIght have to make another purchase on amazon just to test it out :D:D:D:D

BobbyT28

Just make sure your address is same as the card address? Verify your identity with revolut?

Not sure what you mean by greyed out either... There is a box to tick, yay or nay to ecommerce, as for all the other aspects of card security.
    I am verified but first time i used it on amazon I had to remove the tick to enable it. but i dont recognise greyed out. That sounds like it is not an option for you... Nearly time to talk to support?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

doxy wrote: »
    Does anyone know what option I should be choosing for withdrawals at US atms? Checking, savings, or current?

I'm in Canada right now and I think they have the same system. I've withdrawn twice already and I always selected Chequing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Don;t you have an option for Credit card? Was using Revolut card in the states for the past 5 months and ultimately you select credit card (although perhaps there's one other menu level above that).

Just make sure your address is same as the card address? Verify your identity with revolut?

Not sure what you mean by greyed out either... There is a box to tick, yay or nay to ecommerce, as for all the other aspects of card security.
    I am verified but first time i used it on amazon I had to remove the tick to enable it. but i dont recognise greyed out. That sounds like it is not an option for you... Nearly time to talk to support?

Address on amazon is the same as revoult. When I say greyed out, i mean that if I enable it it disables e-commerce. It being greyed out means its enabled from what I can see.

See attched

Address on amazon is the same as revoult. When I say greyed out, i mean that if I enable it it disables e-commerce. It being greyed out means its enabled from what I can see.

See attched

Yes I see what you mean. I didnt have the same interface on my app so i didnt recognise it, just got the latest android one and i have same now. Its actually worse than before...
    I dont know whats up now.:confused:
    Talking to support tomorrow for you i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Don;t you have an option for Credit card? Was using Revolut card in the states for the past 5 months and ultimately you select credit card (although perhaps there's one other menu level above that).

You're right actually. The options are savings, checking, and credit card. Will give that a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Anyone know if Ulster bank got the finger out yet with debit card tops to the Revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Anyone know if Ulster bank got the finger out yet with debit card tops to the Revolut?

I have never had an issue with Ulsterbank debit card topping up Revolut card...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You're right actually. The options are savings, checking, and credit card. Will give that a go!

When I was in Canada recently every atm machine I used charged me a $3 transaction fee.I couldn't find one that didn't .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ya, thats for withdrawing cash, they only waive that fee if you use a card issued by the machine owners. IE TD Bank won't charge from withdrawing with a TD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi folks,

First time using this, and wanted to transfer €2000 onto card before going travelling.

I have to go through the verification process first, which is fine, but it said something like the limit is €1000.... Is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

First time using this, and wanted to transfer €2000 onto card before going travelling.

I have to go through the verification process first, which is fine, but it said something like the limit is €1000.... Is that right?

Most people would recommend topping it up as you go along. Like £100 here, £100 there.

The £1000 limit is what you can top up your Revolut before being forced to verify, as you've already verified you don't need to worry about that.

You can see about other fair usage charges here: https://revolut.com/fairusage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks a million for that!!

I'm having trouble verifying, and now I seem to have reached my limit of verification attempts.

Have other people experienced this? I was trying with my passport and a photo, but it kept refusing it.

Any ideas?

chases0102 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that!!

I'm having trouble verifying, and now I seem to have reached my limit of verification attempts.

Have other people experienced this? I was trying with my passport and a photo, but it kept refusing it.

Any ideas?
    Yes talk to support, it worked for me.

What I find I'm doing a lot now is when not on holiday , loading it with a few Bob for the week each time I get paid and using it for spending on coffee, lunch etc.

Great way to budget. Anyone else doing the same?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

What I find I'm doing a lot now is when not on holiday , loading it with a few Bob for the week each time I get paid and using it for spending on coffee, lunch etc.

Great way to budget. Anyone else doing the same?

I'm using the remaining balance left on it after my holidays to pay for incidentals like bike repairs and a few bargain alerts.

I'm still paying for groceries and household bills on VISA standard credit card, but it's good to keep track of the spending on incidentals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

Heading to London next week and haven't used the card yet, any limitations I should be aware of? Presume it's just a case of transferring the cash from Irish bank and away I go? Any issues using in shops/ATMs and paying for a hotel? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Check my post from page 184 on this thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

mgray wrote: »

There are only 162 pages on this thread. ymmv.

What's the post# ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sono wrote: »
    Heading to London next week and haven't used the card yet, any limitations I should be aware of? Presume it's just a case of transferring the cash from Irish bank and away I go? Any issues using in shops/ATMs and paying for a hotel? Thanks in advance for any help.

Just be aware of the fair usage policy on atm withdrawals. If your withdrawing/spending over a weekend transfer your money on a friday in the app to sterling as the rates dropped significantly over the weekend. This will mean you get the best possible rates. Have had no trouble with it except one transaction which was reversed took about 10 days to back on. Same can happen with a debit card so no biggy.

Phoebas wrote: »

What's the post# ?

This one
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057481488/184/#post99472365

202 pages on mobile :)

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just be aware of the fair usage policy on atm withdrawals. If your withdrawing/spending over a weekend transfer your money on a friday in the app to sterling as the rates dropped significantly over the weekend. This will mean you get the best possible rates. Have had no trouble with it except one transaction which was reversed took about 10 days to back on. Same can happen with a debit card so no biggy.

Thanks for the heads up sound advice!

Just tried to topup there with a new Ulster bank debit card and it got declined, tried it 3 times and all failed. Not a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

That's the one, cheers duffman. Ye, was on the mobile site...

Sono wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up sound advice!

Just tried to topup there with a new Ulster bank debit card and it got declined, tried it 3 times and all failed. Not a good start

No worries, ulster bank seem to be a bit ropey from a few posts in here. Read the link above your post, that was how another poster got it to work. I've used it for 9 months in UK, Europe, Oz and Asia. I would highly recommend it if you can it up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Probably been answered already - but big thread.

Is there the Government stamp duty €10 charge on this card?

No worries, ulster bank seem to be a bit ropey from a few posts in here. Read the link above your post, that was how another poster got it to work. I've used it for 9 months in UK, Europe, Oz and Asia. I would highly recommend it if you can it up and running.

Looking forward to getting it up and running alright, thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mgray wrote: »
    Phoebas wrote: »

What's the post# ?

Page 61 for me on mobile and "proper" site:
    edit your profile - edit options - set post count to 40.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement