Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

All I could find under their FAQ, under security, was this:
    Good to know. This was one of the biggest negative points for revolut, glad to see that they now offer some sort of protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Sterling took a bit of a tumble. 1.00 GBP =1.17650 EUR (xe.com).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sterling took a bit of a tumble. 1.00 GBP =1.17650 EUR (xe.com).

Argh. I changed loads of euro to sterling the other day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I just want all customers to be treated equally and not at a disadvantage for signing up early.
    Wake up :cool: Wont happen.Try tell that to Sky,Vodafone or car insurance robbers :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

£ expected to continue to drop further and further too. I'm guessing it hasn't been around 85 for a couple of years. I remember buying a car up north in 2009 and got 92/93p to a euro, good times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Sono wrote: »
    £ expected to continue to drop further and further too. I'm guessing it hasn't been around 85 for a couple of years. I remember buying a car up north in 2009 and got 92/93p to a euro, good times!

Amazon Prime Day may be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Argh. I changed loads of euro to sterling the other day :(

I only exchanged a couple hundreds euro into gbp. Since it's still dropping, I just bought a few things off Amazon UK which I needed. Prices didn't change yet so it was a good deal. I'd really like to do the trick of getting pounds now and exchanging them for euro later when it's convenient, but who knows when it'll stop dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does any one know how long Revolut keeps 1 £ pre-auth on account.I placed 5 orders on amazon in the last few weeks so that 5 £ in total but they all ''pending'' and I cant get through support.I found this info on amazon.co.uk :

''There's a £1.00 authorisation at the time of order to make sure the payment method is valid. This authorisation isn't a charge, but banks may hold the authorised funds as unavailable until the authorisation expires. ''

Strange that amazno requires pre-auth on each transaction.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Pre-authorisations generally expire after ten business days. If you still haven't been refunded by Revolut after this time, you may need to get on to them and get them to manually recredit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Since yesterday, Amazon started "charging" me 0£ for the pre-authorisations. I get the Revolut notification and it's logged in the statements as well, but it's 0.00£

Might be a new procedure to ease this kind of stuff on pre-paid cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I got the revoult app and got a physical card too and have never used it. Im heading to Belfast for 4 days soon.

So best thing to do is top it up before traveling to get the best rates? I can use the card to pay or withdraw from ATM's for purchases? The app/card will automatically pay for items in sterling while I'm there..is that correct?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

wizardman wrote: »
    I got the revoult app and got a physical card too and have never used it. Im heading to Belfast for 4 days soon.

So best thing to do is top it up before traveling to get the best rates? I can use the card to pay or withdraw from ATM's for purchases? The app/card will automatically pay for items in sterling while I'm there..is that correct?

Thanks
    Has your account been authenticated? Have you properly activated the card? Contact Revolut support. Exchange to gbp BEFORE the weekend (to avail of better rates).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Has your account been authenticated? Have you properly activated the card? Contact Revolut support. Exchange to gbp BEFORE the weekend (to avail of better rates).

What he said! exchange sterling on your card before end of Friday and then use that to spend in Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Hey lads I have the revolut card for a while similar to the post above me and I'm heading to stag in Newcastle at the weekend . Would it be cheaper to load money onto the revolut card in sterling and take it out over there? How quick does it take to transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Hey lads I have the revolut card for a while similar to the post above me and I'm heading to stag in Newcastle at the weekend . Would it be cheaper to load money onto the revolut card in sterling and take it out over there? How quick does it take to transfer?

way cheaper. and if you top up from debit card it's instant

there is an ATM withdrawal limit per month now so make sure you're under that limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

It's instantaneous... If you have Euro in your a/c then go through the exchange process and it takes seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What way does the fee for atm withdrawals work? I took out first withdrawal of €200 18th June and €200 2nd July. Can I take €300 without any fee or is it a rolling month limit of €500 i.e can only take €100 till 18th July?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

What way does the fee for atm withdrawals work? I took out first withdrawal of €200 18th June and €200 2nd July. Can I take €300 without any fee or is it a rolling month limit of €500 i.e can only take €100 till 18th July?

you can take out another €300 in July for free. i.e. the "month" is from 1st to 31st.

Isn't it €650 per month you're allowed free though? ... 500 limit is for sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

mrcheez wrote: »
    you can take out another €300 in July for free. i.e. the "month" is from 1st to 31st.

Isn't it €650 per month you're allowed free though? ... 500 limit is for sterling.

You are right it is €650 I must have misread it. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone bought a car in the UK using this?! For around £7k...what kind of fees were involved?

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone bought a car in the UK using this?! For around £7k...what kind of fees were involved?
    There's a £5k limit over ...is it 96 hours or something like that.

Other than that, provided the seller accepts visa/mastercard payments (they may not), then shouldn't be a problem.

As regards fees, I checked them all a couple of weeks ago - banks, currency exchanges and revolut. Revolut were marginally more expensive than transfermate.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys, if you take out the equivalent of €650 in dollars in ATMS in the USA, are you still not charged 2% as you haven't breached your limit ?

In addition, if you stay within the cash withdrawal limit but in the same month, you also spend close to €1000 in dollars on hotel payments in the usa, would there be any additional costs incurred in using the revolut card ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Just arrived in Liverpool and my card keeps getting declined. I put the wrong password in then checked the app to see my password is actually different (got confused with my app password)

What can i do? I'm stuck here for 2 nights with like 150 and have to pay my hostel out of that.

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys, if you take out the equivalent of 650 in dollars in ATMS in the USA, are you still not charged 2% as you haven't breached your limit ?

In addition, if you stay within the cash withdrawal limit but in the same month, you also spend close to 1000 in dollars on hotel payments in the usa, would there be any additional costs incurred in using the revolut card ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The E650 per month limit only applies to ATM use. You can spend as much as you like on the card in addition to your ATM use and that's completely free.

Just arrived in Liverpool and my card keeps getting declined. I put the wrong password in then checked the app to see my password is actually different (got confused with my app password)

What can i do? I'm stuck here for 2 nights with like 150 and have to pay my hostel out of that.

Is the card PIN now blocked? Try changing the card PIN in the app and then try using the card at an ATM using the new PIN.

Quackster wrote: »

Is the card PIN now blocked? Try changing the card PIN in the app and then try using the card at an ATM using the new PIN.

Not sure but I did do it wring at least 5 times. I can only change the pin at an atm.

I'm on the bus to the city centre so l try then. Hopefully I sort this!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not sure but I did do it wring at least 5 times. I can only change the pin at an atm.

You can change the pin in the app too.

F1ngers wrote: »

You can change the pin in the app too.

It tells me I need to go to an atm to do it. I rememebr it saying that last week too. Today is my first time ever attempting to use it

The website says I need to ask the in app support chat to reset my pin. I sent them loads of messages in the past 40 mins and haven't gotten a single reply. Useless.

Quackster wrote: »

Change the PIN in the app first and then use an ATM. Don't try changing the PIN at the ATM.

• Advertisement

The website says I need to ask the in app support chat to reset my pin. I sent them loads of messages in the past 40 mins and haven't gotten a single reply. Useless.
    Their support has been rubbish - perhaps with the exception of the last time I contacted them.

This is cold comfort to you right now but its been said a few times - never depend on one source - definitely not Revolut (nor any of the others either for that matter).

Hope you get sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement