Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

update from myself, was using the card in Australia for a month and not one single issue. had to clarify in a couple of places that it was a credit and not charge card but aside from that 100% error free. very impressed

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has the transaction settled or is it still in pending?

I noticed with a new card that I only go the 4 digit code once the transaction had settled.

I recently got a replacement card from PTSB and like others, I now don't see the 4 digit number on my acc, I've scrolled back to transactions in June and the 4 digit number is there on all those Revolut transactions, I dunno, what has changed lately. I topped up my Revolut acc on Wednesday and it was showing in pending transactions on PTSB till today, but it now showing as proper but with this 4 digit code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Does anyone know how long it takes for the physical card to arrive after ordering? It was posted on Jul 27

Check the app. It tells you

I transferred money yesterday to my Revolut card, anyone know how long it takes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I transferred money yesterday to my Revolut card, anyone know how long it takes?

Have only used my debit card, always instant.
    Don't know about transferring from bank account though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I recently got a replacement card from PTSB and like others, I now don't see the 4 digit number on my acc, I've scrolled back to transactions in June and the 4 digit number is there on all those Revolut transactions, I dunno, what has changed lately. I topped up my Revolut acc on Wednesday and it was showing in pending transactions on PTSB till today, but it now showing as proper but with this 4 digit code.

Pending transactions don't show the full information aka the 4 digit code, but the final transaction should show it.

Depends on when you did the transfer and what your bank is.

However for me it is usually credited the day after they have got it, sometimes it the same day they get it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Pending transactions don't show the full information aka the 4 digit code, but the final transaction should show it.

My transaction isn't pending anymore and it still doesn't show the code

Depends on when you did the transfer and what your bank is.

However for me it is usually credited the day after they have got it, sometimes it the same day they get it.

Yesterday, like I said. My bank is Ulster Bank :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

New android app version which supports Credit Card top up!

WHAT'S NEW

You asked and we listened:
    You can now top up your Revolut card using most credit cards excluding AMEX
    We've also further improved transaction details to include even more useful information
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When I top up my card on the latest version of software 2.6.2 it hangs at the verified by Visa processing screen.
    I have to restart my phone to reset it .
    The money is being added though .

I wish Revolut would just leave the software as it is and stop releasing updated revisions,the older software was alot better .

Amouar wrote: »
    New android app version which supports Credit Card top up!

WHAT'S NEW

You asked and we listened:
    You can now top up your Revolut card using most credit cards excluding AMEX
    We've also further improved transaction details to include even more useful information
    Enjoy!

I would be careful if they really have now brought back credit card loadings, if you use a credit card it might trigger cash advance fee's depending on how Revolut codes the transaction.

There is nothing about version 2.7 or credit card top up on the revolut blog, webpage or FAQ so I would wait until it's clear how they code the top-ups.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My transaction isn't pending anymore and it still doesn't show the code

Ouch.. Revolut Support might be able to help you because it seams to be a general problem with Irish Customers as you can see here boards.ie.

My new German Debit card took 4 days to settle and has now the 4 digit code, it did not while the charge was pending.

They also seam to have introduced another security feature, when verifying my card I had to enter the 4 digit code and than scan the card again. They are getting a little aggressive with verification.

Yesterday, like I said. My bank is Ulster Bank :(

Sorry what I meant was when in the day, i.e. before the magic cut-off times.

In theory it's a SEPA transfer to Revolut's account which should be credited on the next business day if your bank sticks to the rules.

Revolut than in my experience either posts it late in the evening but latest next day to my wallet.

Remember you are not paying directly into your wallet you are paying on a common account and they need to process it to your wallet via the code you entered into the reference line.

So you might be lucky and it shows today, but for sure should show Monday (as it's not a bank holiday in England).

But as you are with Ulster, it might take longer based on some other posters regularly complaining that Ulster is not the fastest for SEPA transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I would be careful if they really have now brought back credit card loadings, if you use a credit card it might trigger cash advance fee's depending on how Revolut codes the transaction.

There is nothing about version 2.7 or credit card top up on the revolut blog, webpage or FAQ so I would wait until it's clear how they code the top-ups.

I asked them about cash advance fee in chat, and they said that there will be a 1% charge for credit card top ups.

Amouar wrote: »
    I asked them about cash advance fee in chat, and they said that there will be a 1% charge for credit card top ups.

That is their fee and that's rather low to be honest.

However depending on how Revolut codes the transaction (i.e. which merchant category code they use) your credit card company might charge you cash advance fee (or Cash Handling Fee) as loading a prepaid card could be considered a "cash like transaction".

So it's important to find out what Revolut uses and also what your credit card company than does with the transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

There was no advance fee when they used to take credit card transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Had an issue with Amazon refund got back in n contact with them stated they had refund done gave me reference code.
    Contacted revolut today with reference code and full refund back on card done in 10minutes for the full sterling amount pre brexit quite impressed. Not with the delay of refund. But that wasn't all revolut fault also company I dealt with had been slow to refund me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I was on to revoult customer support about the 4 digit code not appearing for verifying my tsb card. They told me I'd need to get on to my bank. Which I still haven't got around too. So no solution yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Anyone use Revolut in Central America, specifically Panama City? Daughter heading off on a 6 week trip .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

mad m wrote: »
    Anyone use Revolut in Central America, specifically Panama City? Daughter heading off on a 6 week trip .

Used in Vegas and New York. No issues in any ATM or place that takes Mastercard.

Test locally before she leaves just to make sure PIN is synced up etc. And turn off that location based security thing in the app. It's buggy any time I've switched it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

mad m wrote: »

Probably be as well to have some backup card/resources too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm looking to make an purchase from the US and pick it up when I travel there in December. I'll be using Revolut to make the payment in dollars but the retailer also offers a discount to purchases made by bank transfer? Would this work with Revolut do you think, i.e. if a make a transfer from my Revolut account to the Retailer's account, am I right in thinking this should show up as a bank transfer rather than a card payment?

I'm looking to make an purchase from the US and pick it up when I travel there in December. I'll be using Revolut to make the payment in dollars but the retailer also offers a discount to purchases made by bank transfer? Would this work with Revolut do you think, i.e. if a make a transfer from my Revolut account to the Retailer's account, am I right in thinking this should show up as a bank transfer rather than a card payment?

I transferred stg to a stg account from the app. Was that not a bank transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I transferred stg to a stg account from the app. Was that not a bank transfer?

I don't know, hence why I'm asking. What I want to know is will the receiver see it as a bank transfer rather than a card payment?

I don't know, hence why I'm asking. What I want to know is will the receiver see it as a bank transfer rather than a card payment?

If you click on "Bank" icon and choose "New Bank Account" followed by "To a Business" you can enter the recipients bank details and they will get it as bank transfer to their account.

However the receiver might not get what you send him in full because intermediary banks might take their cut and their own bank might charge them a Wire transfer fee for the incoming payment. Revolut does SWIFT/Wire transfers not ABA so these charge can't be avoided.

You might be better off looking at for example transferwise or other online transfer companies who credit via ACH which means no cost for the receiver.

Saw they had problems for no longer than ten minutes at 10.30 this morning. Now there is no word from support. Seeing a transaction for that time registered from somewhere foreign I've not been since may.??

Saw they had problems for no longer than ten minutes at 10.30 this morning. Now there is no word from support. Seeing a transaction for that time registered from somewhere foreign I've not been since may.??

There was an announcement in my App that the service will be unavailable for approx. 10 minutes between 1000 and 1030, so it was a planned outage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Has anyone experienced any difficulties with regards to the app showing a record of recent transactions today....

I received a refund this morning, exchanged the sum from £ to € and transferred it to my bank account. Yet, the app does not show where the refund originated from or my exchange or transfer.....

I'm currently exchanging messages with support, but have yet to receive a reply

• Advertisement

There was an announcement in my App that the service will be unavailable for approx. 10 minutes between 1000 and 1030, so it was a planned outage.

Yes, i saw that too. But it wasnt the outage i had an issue with. It was a near 3 month old transaction showing up. Again.
    According to support money wasnt taken from card back in May, but i did see it on the app at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement