Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I haven't updated to version 3 yet - might hold off now until I see that all is well :D My balance is correct and all seems to be working fine on the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

That's a good move. Only reason I updated is because the old version stopped working.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I haven't updated to version 3 yet - might hold off now until I see that all is well :D My balance is correct and all seems to be working fine on the old one.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone know can I claim charge back with Revolut?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Top ups are working again since earlier tonight, also, my brother who is also with PTSB was able to top up his acc by €800 in one go too, so hopefully, this cash advancement code issue which has been attached to revolut top ups recently is resolved too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Nope it isn't, i tried to top up last night with my PTSB card and it was declined :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Does anyone know can I claim charge back with Revolut?

You can, contact support and they'll send you a form to complete. Takes "up to 45 days", I've done it once and it took around 20.
    Nope it isn't, i tried to top up last night with my PTSB card and it was declined :mad:

I've topped up twice this morning with my TSB card no issues.

How much were you trying to top up by?

maximoose wrote: »
    You can, contact support and they'll send you a form to complete. Takes "up to 45 days", I've done it once and it took around 20.

Ok i'll try again in the afternoon.

maximoose wrote: »

Were any of there top ups more than €300?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    How much were you trying to top up by?

€400

• Advertisement

€400

Jaysus, how come some can top up more than €300 in one go and others can't, have you been able to verify your PTSB visa debit card with Revolut by any chance?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Jaysus, how come some can top up more than €300 in one go and others can't, have you been able to verify your PTSB visa debit card with Revolut by any chance?

Ya i've used it many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

I'm finding it harder and harder to find atms in the USA that don't charge a withdrawal fee, usually $3 plus.

In wondering if it would be possible to use the card to buy something in a store and get cashback instead of going the atm route?

Ya i've used it many times.

Ive used mine a good few times also, however I've had a replacement debit card from PTSB in July and this is the card Im having all these issues with now and I cant get it verified due to the lack of a 4 digit code on each transaction. My previous visa debit card had no problems at all, every transaction from Revolut had the 4 digit code attached to it on my open24, and I was able to top up with any amount I wanted to. Thats why I am linking this €300 limit issue with the fact the the card isn't verified. Maybe Im wrong, but I cant think of any other reason as to why I can only top up to a maximum amount of €300 in one go where as my wife, and my brother don't have this issue at all, both have verified cards on their accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

A smaller thing but lately I'm having to type my pin 4 times. Previous version it was 3. You get a jolt at first as you know your pin but think it's been hacked and changed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

A smaller thing but lately I'm having to type my pin 4 times. Previous version it was 3. You get a jolt at first as you know your pin but think it's been hacked and changed.

Just checked it there, once to sign in for me.

Use fingerprint unlock now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

doxy wrote: »
    I'm finding it harder and harder to find atms in the USA that don't charge a withdrawal fee, usually $3 plus.

In wondering if it would be possible to use the card to buy something in a store and get cashback instead of going the atm route?

ATM fees are gwnerally a fact of life in the USA. It's just a matter of finding the cheapest, generally.

Cashback isn't an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Several months back people were reporting that TD Bank were doing free withdrawals. Don't know if it's still the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Several months back people were reporting that TD Bank were doing free withdrawals. Don't know if it's still the case.

Yea now that you mention that I think TD was one of the banks that didn't charge me a fee. I think 'ocean first' was possibly the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I stopped at Burger king, Lisburn today. Whopper meal was £5.49 and paid by card (only had £5 cash). The machine was slow to process and the girl pulled the card out AFTER I'd put the pin in for me to go again which I did. Nearly 12 hours later today's transactions have just showed up with 2x £5.49 payments. I suppose no comeback?

Haven't been in BK for about 2 years... £11 is a whopper of a whopper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I stopped at Burger king, Lisburn today. Whopper meal was £5.49 and paid by card (only had £5 cash). The machine was slow to process and the girl pulled the card out AFTER I'd put the pin in for me to go again which I did. Nearly 12 hours later today's transactions have just showed up with 2x £5.49 payments. I suppose no comeback?

Haven't been in BK for about 2 years... £11 is a whopper of a whopper!

Presumably their ****e connection on the card machine? Get onto support and also email BK. Same thing happened me in Barcelona airport a few months ago (and not on Revolut) and I learned a lesson about making them wait and getting a void receipt.

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've issues at the moment topping up or adding an AIB Visa Debit, support say they are working on it ("connection error in our payment processor system") - ETA 1-2 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Spocker wrote: »
    I've issues at the moment topping up or adding an AIB Visa Debit, support say they are working on it ("connection error in our payment processor system") - ETA 1-2 hours

Same here ,was trying to buy tickets for a match this morning and couldn't get the bloody thing to top up .
    Thought there was something wrong with my bank account but no issue at that end.
    Connection issues Revolut say ,grr it would have to happen today of all days when I needed it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Maybe problems today could be down to the Vodafone network problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Noticed that also of late. Irritating little bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hi all. Any idea how long a transfer from Revolut to AIB takes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

A quick question - if I apply today, how many days it will take to get the physical card delivered?

Whats your experiences so far? I am traveling to US on 10th, next Saturday. So only have 5-6 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Spocker wrote: »
    Same here ,was trying to buy tickets for a match this morning and couldn't get the bloody thing to top up .
    Thought there was something wrong with my bank account but no issue at that end.
    Connection issues Revolut say ,grr it would have to happen today of all days when I needed it .

Have tried 3 different times over the course of today to top up - no joy, just declined and 'please contact support'. Issue, whatever it is, still isn't fixed and support have not answered any queries I've sent :mad:

Just another example of not depending on this (or any) card while you are on holidays especially - which is where you're most likely to be using this, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

How much were you trying to top up by out of curiosity?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement