Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Have tried 3 different times over the course of today to top up - no joy, just declined and 'please contact support'. Issue, whatever it is, still isn't fixed and support have not answered any queries I've sent :mad:

Just another example of not depending on this (or any) card while you are on holidays especially - which is where you're most likely to be using this, unfortunately.
    Yes, I'm having trouble topping up aswell, all requests denied, even amounts less than €100. I just checked their facebook site and people are reporting the same problem and they responded earlier that they are working on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Juvia

I have the same issue too. Tried topping up twice got but was declined, and to contact support for more information. Quite annoying I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

coldfire1x wrote: »
    A quick question - if I apply today, how many days it will take to get the physical card delivered?

Whats your experiences so far? I am traveling to US on 10th, next Saturday. So only have 5-6 working days.

I don't think you would receive the card in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The topping up issue seems to have been fixed ,I was able to top up twice earlier .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Aquos76 wrote: »
    How much were you trying to top up by out of curiosity?

Only €30 - but glad it's fixed now. Luckily, I had some money already on account, so I wasn't stuck, but I normally avoid keeping too much there as a general precaution.

Support never got back to me in the normal way. I see they've communicated the issue/resolution via Facebook, which is fine for those who follow it regularly but not exactly ideal for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

BuffyBot wrote: »

Pity. Saw this thread a bit too late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Had only been able to top up by 300 recently they said it was my banks fault but previously could top up 1000 anyway now i just tried 400 and it went straight through so maybe this issue is fixed after last night.

BuffyBot wrote: »

OK, this may be useful for someone looking a physical card immediately.

For £12, they can deliver the card withing 24-48 hours by courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

I think my card arrived within 5 days. I wasnt surprised either. Actually maybe i was nicely surprised now i think about it...

Ooh, interesting. I thought that was only for replacement cards, not new. Useful for folks to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The express card does not have your name on it, it's a generic card.

While it should not matter (in principle) some merchants do not like these cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Anybody else having difficulty finding the 4 digit code to verify a AIB Visa debit card? It's not in transaction history or in my statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anybody else having difficulty finding the 4 digit code to verify a AIB Visa debit card? It's not in transaction history or in my statement.

If you've just done it recently then it will be under Pending on internet banking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you've just done it recently then it will be under Pending on internet banking.

Maybe I should explain better. It looks like the following:
    "Revolut* *3"

Looks like its getting cut off or something? Anyone else with an AIB account that can help?

Most likely getting truncated. You could try calling AIB card services, see if the staff can see the full details.

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

Maybe I should explain better. It looks like the following:
    "Revolut* *3"

Looks like its getting cut off or something? Anyone else with an AIB account that can help?

On my AIB I see "Revolut* *1234*" for the numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Dream123

Just signed up for a revolution card, I'm in the UK about twice a month and do some other travel so seems a good idea

What's the consensus on the service?

Does what it says on the tin?

Anything to be wary of?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dream123 wrote: »
    Just signed up for a revolution card, I'm in the UK about twice a month and do some other travel so seems a good idea

What's the consensus on the service?

Does what it says on the tin?

Anything to be wary of?

Works flawlessly 99% of the time but there are occasional glitches that might cause you trouble - it failed when I was trying to pay a hotel bill in the UK recently due to a 'payment sever communication error' according to support.

So you always need to have another payment card to fall back on if needs be.

All the same, it's saved me a nice bit over the past 11 months so I'm not complaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I've been using it since June both online and "real life." I'm up north usually twice per week and no real issues. I find updates to the app can be buggy. Some on here can download/print a statement but I can't for some reason and still waiting on CS to get back to me. I found it slow last Tuesday and it took 12 hours to report transactions where I'd been charged twice for the same thing.

I've been told I'd wear two condoms and just always have my credit card as back up just in case but three months on I'm happy with the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

Just used this on Amazon and the order went through but they never took the money, anyone else ever have this issue? Will they just try take it again another time? Thanks for any help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sono wrote: »
    Just used this on Amazon and the order went through but they never took the money, anyone else ever have this issue? Will they just try take it again another time? Thanks for any help!

Amazon take the money when they ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

Amazon take the money when they ship.

It's taken out there now anyway, cheers!

Forum for Revolutionaries. :)
    Revolut wrote:
    Dear Revolutionaries,

Along our journey, we’ve learnt that customer feedback is essential to building a truly revolutionary product, and just how great our community is at helping each other out. Therefore, we’ve created a community page for you to chat about any questions, feedback or ideas you have about Revolut!

We want to know: what features you need; the currencies you’re desperate for; your vision of Revolut for Business and any issues you’ve encountered!
    http://community.revolut.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

top ups working fine again with my PTSB card, i topped by €350 in one sec last night.

Top ups not working again for AIB Visa Debits, logged a ticket with support

Has anybody noticed a grey/ghosted transaction? I thought I was charged twice for the same thing but looking again I'm wondering why one is not bold. If one is failed then fine, I haven't been charged twice afterall and I can put an end to Whoppergate.

Burger_King.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Has anybody noticed a grey/ghosted transaction? I thought I was charged twice for the same thing but looking again I'm wondering why one is not bold. If one is failed then fine, I haven't been charged twice afterall and I can put an end to Whoppergate.

Burger_King.jpg

Yes, same happened me when I forgot to unblock my card. Failed transactions in grey.

I got the express card today. Ordered it on Saturday, it was posted on Monday and delivered early morning today by DHL.

As with the express card, my name is not printed on the card.

I was on to chat with the support. They said the original card that was supposed to be posted was also posted yesterday by normal post. Weird, why they will not post the original card by DHL when I am paying for it.

Anyway, now I am trying to clarify something on the support but havent got any answer yet. I have one card already and in next 5-10 days another card (with my name on the card) will be delivered, so which one will be valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Spocker wrote:
    Top ups not working again for AIB Visa Debits, logged a ticket with support

It didn't to through for me earlier so I just let it be. Checked a few hours later and the aib top up was done.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It didn't to through for me earlier so I just let it be. Checked a few hours later and the aib top up was done.

Support came back to me and said "the latest top-up attempts were reverted back to your account" - there was never a pending transaction in my AIB, and the top-ups disappeared from transaction list in the app, so no harm done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement