Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Do daily top up allowances apply only to tops ups from cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I tried to send money via western union and revoult rejected it ??

It was only 106 euro ?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I tried to send money via western union and revoult rejected it ??

It was only 106 euro ?

You can only transfer money to their bank account from a bank account in your own name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone used Revolut with Tesco Direct in UK?

They took the money on 22/9/16 but the order was cancelled and the money still hasn't been returned to my card. Does anyone know how this normally takes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Zardoz

emmetkenny wrote: »

They took the money on 22/9/16 but the order was cancelled and the money still hasn't been returned to my card. Does anyone know how this normally takes?

Tesco Direct require a UK billing address otherwise it will bounce.

You should have it back Monday or Tuesday Id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

emmetkenny wrote: »

3-5 working days seems to be the timeframe retailers tell you

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Hi, sorry if I missed this in the search results,

But I am about to sign up with Revolut with Irish bank and debit card and want to know this;
    If I transfer from an Irish debit card into the account, will I be able to exchange to GBP in app and then transfer funds into a UK bank account without charge?

The FAQ page seems to indicate I may get hit with a SWIFT charge in the UK?

km991148 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry if I missed this in the search results,

But I am about to sign up with Revolut with Irish bank and debit card and want to know this;
    If I transfer from an Irish debit card into the account, will I be able to exchange to GBP in app and then transfer funds into a UK bank account without charge?

The FAQ page seems to indicate I may get hit with a SWIFT charge in the UK?

Yes. You won't get hit with Swift charge.

Yes. You won't get hit with Swift charge.

Cheers,

Thought that would be the case. Doesn't matter now anyway.. I only have an Android tablet and not a phone!

• Advertisement

Cheers,

Thought that would be the case. Doesn't matter now anyway.. I only have an Android tablet and not a phone!

Do you have an iPhone?

No - unfortunately the way things are going these days I am going to have to buy into either of those ecosystems..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Agh! no app for Windows phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

leck wrote: »
    Agh! no app for Windows phone.

If you have no other Android/iPhone to use you can still access the Revolut app from PC by using an Android emulator such as Nox/BlueStacks/Andy

Nox here:http://en.bignox.com/blog/

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you have no other Android/iPhone to use you can still access the Revolut app from PC by using an Android emulator such as Nox/BlueStacks/Andy

Nox here:http://en.bignox.com/blog/

I thought about this, but while its fine for things I don't care about, I am not sure how I feel about running banking apps in emulators..

I'm heading the UK for the weekend and believe transactions that involve a currency exchange are charged a higher rate on Revolut on the weekends while the markets are closed? So I assume I should exchange my euro balance to sterling on the app beforehand to use over the weekend...is there a time that's generally best for exchanging, or just any time before the weekend? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I'm heading the UK for the weekend and believe transactions that involve a currency exchange are charged a higher rate on Revolut on the weekends while the markets are closed? So I assume I should exchange my euro balance to sterling on the app beforehand to use over the weekend...is there a time that's generally best for exchanging, or just any time before the weekend? :)

Whenever the exchange rate will be most optimum between now and Friday evening. To be honest if you are only changing a couple of hundred euro into sterling, the difference is going to pence anyway regardless of when you change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

tallpaul wrote: »
    Whenever the exchange rate will be most optimum between now and Friday evening. To be honest if you are only changing a couple of hundred euro into sterling, the difference is going to pence anyway regardless of when you change.

Yes, it might be about a 2 % surcharge?? But why would you incur any charge if you can change the money on the app before the money markets close in New York. Some people care, some dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

I thought about this, but while its fine for things I don't care about, I am not sure how I feel about running banking apps in emulators..

Besides sign-up and card activation you can do without a smartphone. Top-ups can be done via bank transfer.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

soirish wrote: »
    Besides sign-up and card activation you can do without a smartphone. Top-ups can be done via bank transfer.

Or you can pick up a basic Android smartphone, just to use with Revolut, cheap as chips.

It will pay for itself in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

does this mean that i can download this app to my laptop?

does this mean that i can download this app to my laptop?

With an android emulator, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

My Ryanair booking has failed with Revolut and it used to be working in past. Has there been any change on Ryanair or Revolut side?

It seems that since 31 August Ryanair is charging 2% for prepaid cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

September1 wrote: »
    My Ryanair booking has failed with Revolut and it used to be working in past. Has there been any change on Ryanair or Revolut side?

It seems that since 31 August Ryanair is charging 2% for prepaid cards.

Revolut is dealt with by Ryanair the same as any other Mastercard, unfortunately. I made a Ryanair booking a few days ago for Belfast airport (sterling payment) and had no bother. If I'm booking Ryanair here with euros I normally use my debit card to avoid the charges.
    I don't know why your transaction was refused - what do support say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Revolut is dealt with by Ryanair the same as any other Mastercard, unfortunately. I made a Ryanair booking a few days ago for Belfast airport (sterling payment) and had no bother. If I'm booking Ryanair here with euros I normally use my debit card to avoid the charges.
    I don't know why your transaction was refused - what do support say?

I registered my Revolut as MC Debit card with myRyanair and until end of August all bookings were successful. Today I got rejections, but when I contacted Revolut they could see no trace of them. It seems Ryanair decided to be more picky as prepaid cards now attract 2% and rejected card immediately without contacting bank. It just seems that Revolut card will now attract fee when booking with Ryanair and I was successful in paying 102% for my ticket :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

September1 wrote: »
    I registered my Revolut as MC Debit card with myRyanair and until end of August all bookings were successful. Today I got rejections, but when I contacted Revolut they could see no trace of them. It seems Ryanair decided to be more picky as prepaid cards now attract 2% and rejected card immediately without contacting bank. It just seems that Revolut card will now attract fee when booking with Ryanair and I was successful in paying 102% for my ticket :-(

Oh, I see - I didn't know that Revolut was ever accepted as a debit card by Ryanair (or anyone else really) probably because I only use it when making sterling or other foreign currency payments. I was indeed charged the credit card excess on my recent Ryanair transaction. With instant payments, there should be no excuse for this. Always a way to catch you out ... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Sono wrote: »
    £ expected to continue to drop further and further too. I'm guessing it hasn't been around 85 for a couple of years. I remember buying a car up north in 2009 and got 92/93p to a euro, good times!
    With a timeline for article 50 announced it will be interesting to see how Sterling opens tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Sono

With a timeline for article 50 announced it will be interesting to see how Sterling opens tomorrow.

Saw that alright, the pound is f#%ked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

My notifications on my Phone for any transactions have stopped working! Any ideas? All notifications allowed from settings on Android.

Didin't make any chnages that would have affected this. Was handy to have.

BobbyT28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was actually just about the post the same question, gone since the weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement