Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Wildcarded but caught the price drop on Rooney & Kane :( Aguero & Gomis in. Mertezacker gone while doubtful/injured and want another Arsenal back man in so:

Option 1: Monreal or Bellerini and a <4.1m keeper
    Option 2: Cech in and a <4.1m defender

Have Fabianski as my main keeper so far and Taylor is gone for Gomez to free up .3m for the above and not to be doubled up on Swansea.

What would be the general thought for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm very surprised at the number of people ditching Hazard for Pedro on the back of one game. I know it's a money saver, but after being stung by Hazard numerous times before I'd be very wary of getting rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Benimar wrote: »
    Payet to Pedro is a good move. Not everyone will agree but I would have no problem downgrading Sanchez. As I said elsewhere, I don't think he will be worth the cash (I'd pay the extra for Hazard all day if Pedro didn't exist).

The only concern I'd have is Ramsey. I'm only judging that from reading the Arsenal superthread last night. There were a few people in there who think Walcott/Ox should be in the team and Ramsey is the one they feel should be left out. I know they don't pick the team but they watch their team so might have the inside track.

FWIW, I'm contemplating Sanchez/Deeney to Pedro/Benteke for a hit, so maybe we are both insane :-)

The thing is, even if getting rid of Sanchez I'd want to have some sort of Arsenal cover. Walcott's definitely out (it was him I shipped for Payet in the first place), Cazorla's too deep, Ozil I just don't like so that leaves Ramsey/Sanchez as the two to choose from. If one's out I feel the other should come in.

But what if I went without Arsenal cover altogether? I could go for anyone up to 9.1m, so Depay? Coutinho? Mata? (I've got no Utd cover either).

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I've been out of the loop on this for the last few days -

What are peoples thoughts on Pedro? Is it worth dropping Haz for Pedro and possibly using the extra funds to bring in Sanchez? I'm playing my wildcard this week. Bringing in Pedro would give me lots of extra funds to play around with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

The thing is, even if getting rid of Sanchez I'd want to have some sort of Arsenal cover. Walcott's definitely out (it was him I shipped for Payet in the first place), Cazorla's too deep, Ozil I just don't like so that leaves Ramsey/Sanchez as the two to choose from. If one's out I feel the other should come in.

But what if I went without Arsenal cover altogether? I could go for anyone up to 9.1m, so Depay? Coutinho? Mata? (I've got no Utd cover either).

Decisions, decisions.

Tough one. I'd go Arsenal attacking cover over Man U attacking cover. Ramsey could be the answer but might be worth sounding out a few Arsenal fans to ensure he's guaranteed a start. Coutinho is an option but you have Benteke, so maybe not worth doubling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

WC active, brought in Pedro for Hazard, Aguero for Rooney, Memphis for Sterling, Wilson for Sakho.

IEYK75p.png

Could definitely do something with the bench, I have 0.9m in the bank.

I would opt for an Arsenal mid over Memphis but apart from that I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

PARlance wrote: »
    I would opt for an Arsenal mid over Memphis but apart from that I like it.

I'd disagree, I think it's only a matter of time before Memphis takes off. No Arsenal midfielder is really jumping out at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'd disagree, I think it's only a matter of time before Memphis takes off. No Arsenal midfielder is really jumping out at me.

Ya, he jumped out at me last weekend. He's in my team but I would have more faith in Arsenal coming good sooner than United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

That's my thinking too. His display against Brugge showed he can go nuts when he gets in his stride. No Arsenal players at all have shown that this season yet (maybe Cech after his performance last night).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Delighted so many people are opting for Pedro over Hazard. Hazard has the potential to be a bit of a differential if this trend continues, I'll happily stick with him, he's still on peno's too right ?

Ramsey for Silva this week for me.

• Advertisement

Delighted so many people are opting for Pedro over Hazard. Hazard has the potential to be a bit of a differential if this trend continues, I'll happily stick with him, he's still on peno's too right ?

Ramsey for Silva this week for me.

For 11.5m I'll get him back when he's worth it. Right now he's underperforming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's my thinking too. His display against Brugge showed he can go nuts when he gets in his stride. No Arsenal players at all have shown that this season yet (maybe Cech after his performance last night).

The problem is there is no team in the league as poor as bruges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

For 11.5m I'll get him back when he's worth it. Right now he's underperforming.

Having watched him against WBA, I think he's playing very well. Unfortunately he's not playing well in terms of FPL right now, but I can't look past him scoring in the next few games!

Palace, Everton, Arsenal, Newcastle.

Palace decent defensively so perhaps not. Everton have a brutal defence. Arsenal showed against Liverpool that they're there for the taking and Newcastle are always gonna struggle.

That's my hope anyways, not hopping on the Pedro bandwaggon just yet, even if he is a superb player he will surely dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm very surprised at the number of people ditching Hazard for Pedro on the back of one game. I know it's a money saver, but after being stung by Hazard numerous times before I'd be very wary of getting rid.

It's 1 game for Pedro but I've seen Hazard play 3 times this season and he's definitely not on top form, he was very quiet against WBA. I'm sticking to form players this season so If Hazard regains his then he'll be straight back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Option A

Courtouis - Martin - Francis -Surman

Option B

Myhill - Azpilicueta - Targett -Surman

Option C

Myhill - Martin/Francis - Targett - Redmond

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mulling over bringing in Coutinho for Depay. Pro's/Con's?

Having watched him against WBA, I think he's playing very well. Unfortunately he's not playing well in terms of FPL right now, but I can't look past him scoring in the next few games!

Palace, Everton, Arsenal, Newcastle.

Palace decent defensively so perhaps not. Everton have a brutal defence. Arsenal showed against Liverpool that they're there for the taking and Newcastle are always gonna struggle.

That's my hope anyways, not hopping on the Pedro bandwaggon just yet, even if he is a superb player he will surely dip!

Palace have 2 clean sheets since pardew took charge in over 20 games. He has done a great job but its the attacking side of things that he has vastly improved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

keano_afc wrote: »
    Mulling over bringing in Coutinho for Depay. Pro's/Con's?

Pros (Liverpool fan)
    Coutinho has become shot crazy, last night against Arsenal he hit the post and bar. His shooting is consistent, he takes frees from close range and plays a lot of good balls assist wise.
    Depay and Man Utd have looked poor in final third in the league this season. Really safe play.

Cons
    Coutinho can go missing in games, never plays 90 minutes and his trigger happiness can backfire on his moral when one too many shots go wide.
    Depay is suited to the league, strong, quick and as he showed against Brugge can explode into life in a game.

Overall, bias aside, I can't see why Depay would stay in your team unless Utd as a collective play better football soon. It's been far too clunky IMO. But Coutinho also hasn't exactly been earning a lot of FPL points so it's up to you!

Deco99 wrote: »
    Option A

Courtouis - Martin - Francis -Surman

Option B

Myhill - Azpilicueta - Targett -Surman

Option C

Myhill - Martin/Francis - Targett - Redmond

I'll Simplify, Courtouis or Azpilicueta? Do i need chelsea cover defensively?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

359835.png

This is my current team heading into GW4, I have 155 points in the bank.

I was desperate to swap Payet to Pedro and Sakho to Benteke, then I realised I was 0.5m short to do that! It would take a 3rd transfer to get them in! I'm not loving taking a -8 hit, the option would be going Gomis to Wilson as the 3rd transfer, what do folks think?

Edit : My bench consists of Wanyama, Morgan, Whittaker.

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I'll Simplify, Courtouis or Azpilicueta? Do i need chelsea cover defensively?

Azpi's probably got his one goal for the season out of the way and he's not great for assists (4 over the last two seasons), so I'd definitely opt for Courtois - cheaper, less likely to get booked, more likely to get additional points through saves. There's always the chance he'll miss a few games like last season, but since it's Begovic rather than Cech who's waiting in the wings I think it's less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Ruiney and mata out: wilson and pedro in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

djPSB wrote: »
    Are you planning on holding the wildcard for a while?

Hoping to try and hold it until December and around Xmas. I've had a decent start compared to others so I don't mind taking some hits to straighten out team.

The in form players should have changed by then so it'll be handy to have it available to get the team setup for the Xmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Azpilicueta and Depay out.

Sagna and Pedro in.

Going purely on form I'm happy to go from Chelsea defence/United attack to City defence/Chelsea attack. Took a -4 to do it but as a double they cost the same. Pedro really excites me as a potential points machine.

PARlance wrote: »
    Ya, he jumped out at me last weekend. He's in my team but I would have more faith in Arsenal coming good sooner than United.

Things may change this week if United sign a striker. At the minute they should even take Charlie Austin if they need to! Ed Woodward has to be doing his best scouring Europe to try and get someone.

Like I said on the price changes thread, I don't see the love for Depay. In 23% of teams yet hasn't delivered a goal or assist and two of his games were against relegation candidates.

8.5 is too much IMO for a player that is adjusting to the League. Kagawa for example had good stats from a better League than the Dutch League and never succeeded at United. I was stung by him when he initially arrived and won't be caught again.

• Advertisement

Bump!

Sakho to Wilson and Payet to Pedro? Benteke has looked decent alright but I wouldn't rush to get him in. Liverpool haven't clicked attacking yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Lemlin wrote: »
    Things may change this week if United sign a striker. At the minute they should even take Charlie Austin if they need to! Ed Woodward has to be doing his best scouring Europe to try and get someone.

Like I said on the price changes thread, I don't see the love for Depay. In 23% of teams yet hasn't delivered a goal or assist and two of his games were against relegation candidates.

8.5 is too much IMO for a player that is adjusting to the League. Kagawa for example had good stats from a better League than the Dutch League and never succeeded at United. I was stung by him when he initially arrived and won't be caught again.

Exactly, Depay could easily become the greatest player ever FPL wise but so far he has only delivered 3 points per game.

WC active, brought in Pedro for Hazard, Aguero for Rooney, Memphis for Sterling, Wilson for Sakho.

IEYK75p.png

Could definitely do something with the bench, I have 0.9m in the bank.

Very like my own team. Why have Flapianski when Courtois will play every week? I'd leave the bench alone and change Fab to a 4.0 'keeper and change Yaya to Silva if you have enough.

You also have Courtois to cover Chelsea so why not change Azpi to a Unired defender? I have Shaw myself because I got him at 5.5 but a lot of people favour Darmian.

Other than that, I would leave as is if you're sure about Depay. I've said my own piece on him above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sakho to Wilson and Payet to Pedro? Benteke has looked decent alright but I wouldn't rush to get him in. Liverpool haven't clicked attacking yet.

I have my heart set on Benteke his next 4 games look good including West Ham, Norwich & Villa at home, Pedro I feel I need to get Chelsea coverage in, I have nothing at the minute. If only I could do it in 2 transfers aaaaaaaaaaaargh, I'll see nearer the deadline, decisions decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Courtois,Ramsey,Gomis
    Or
    Mig, Silva,Wilson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Brought in Darmian and Shaw for Ivanovic and O'Shea. Chelsea look brutal at the back so far, I'm shocked!

Looking at bringing in Gomis for Pelle next but I'll see how things pan out. I may cave in and get Mahrez.

Since Ferguson stepped down I'm struggling to think of a utd attacking player that has been worth owning apart from.ADM in his purple patch last year. I've wildcarded for rvp twice and got burnt. Rooney was a supposed must have the past 2 seasons. Mata when he signed. People got caught with Falcao. Even januzaj created a bit of a fuss a couple of yrs back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rooney, kane, lescott out. Aguero, Wilson, Clyne in. Yay or nay?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rooney, kane, lescott out. Aguero, Wilson, Clyne in. Yay or nay?

Makes sense, although maybe not clyne. Sagna or kolarov?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Makes sense, although maybe not clyne. Sagna or kolarov?

Have kompany already. Liverpool have decent fixtures coming up.

Would most be saving the triple points for captain for a double gw?

Right, I'm nearly there bar injuries or other developments

Courtouis (Maccarthy)

Gomez - Shaw - Sagna ( Steven Taylor, Russel Martin)

Silva - Sanchez - Mahrez - Pedro (Morrison 4.9m for a playing midfielder)

Aguero - Gomis - Wilson

0.3m in bank

I;m going to ride the silva train over Yaya, I'm on Wildcard so can make adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

stones sends in transfer request. Should I take him out? Say he wont play every match should he go chelsea. what do ye think?

moose522 wrote: »
    stones sends in transfer request. Should I take him out? Say he wont play every match should he go chelsea. what do ye think?

Nothing has happened yet. I'd hold tight and see. I think he has a decent chance if, and that's a big if, a move goes through.

moose522 wrote: »

Agreed, wont play every game, how much is he and is there better value elsewhere in defence is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

Agreed, wont play every game, how much is he and is there better value elsewhere in defence is the question

I have him on the bench anyway for the time being, more or likley chances is that he wont start the next match if he does stay around for that long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    Damn it I really want Pedro now. Depay + Bellerin --> Pedro + Francis (-4) is tempting.

I've done this. Bellerin with a lucky cleanie helped pay for the hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Fabregas out, Yaya in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

Yaya or Silva?

Yaya or Silva?

Silva if possible for me.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Yaya or Silva?

I've gone with both! Transferred Silva in for Hazard. Going to WC next week so taking a punt on a City front three!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

OUT - Sterling / Hazard / Fletcher

IN- Mahrez / Gradel / AGUEROOOOOO

-8 this week but still have wildcard

Very like my own team. Why have Flapianski when Courtois will play every week? I'd leave the bench alone and change Fab to a 4.0 'keeper and change Yaya to Silva if you have enough.

You also have Courtois to cover Chelsea so why not change Azpi to a Unired defender? I have Shaw myself because I got him at 5.5 but a lot of people favour Darmian.

Other than that, I would leave as is if you're sure about Depay. I've said my own piece on him above.

Fabianski is a good backup for me, he's even got me a clean sheet when Courtois was suspended. I think I'll stick with him for the moment.

Azpi has more attacking potential than any of the United defenders right now. I might change to a United defender when the fixtures suit better.

Depay is my crap-shoot. He could pay off, or I could be offloading him in a few weeks ruing lost points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fabianski is a good backup for me, he's even got me a clean sheet when Courtois was suspended. I think I'll stick with him for the moment.

Azpi has more attacking potential than any of the United defenders right now. I might change to a United defender when the fixtures suit better.

Depay is my crap-shoot. He could pay off, or I could be offloading him in a few weeks ruing lost points.

Most would feel that much for a gk you'll bench almost every week is a serious waste of budget which could be getting you points elsewhere.

FHFC wrote: »
    Most would feel that much for a gk you'll bench almost every week is a serious waste of budget which could be getting you points elsewhere.

True but I'm happy enough with it for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Morrison at 4.9 is a must have imo. Two goal haul, along with a missed peno, against Chelsea and a nice fixture list over the next eight gameweeks.

Home games: Southampton, Everton, Sunderland, Leicester

Away games: Stoke, Villa, Palace, Norwich

Advertisement