Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't decide if Depay ----> Pedro is worth -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Guys. Cech or Courtois?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

SlickRic wrote: »

Do it.. Pedro at home to palace? I'd have to pull a -8 to get him in. seriously considering it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »
    Looking to get Aguero in my team for the weekend but not sure who to get rid of. I've already played my wildcard this week so I don't have to worry about making one transfer too many.

The two options I'm thinking of are:
    - Giroud and Benteke out... Aguero and Maiga(only have 4.9m to play with) in
    - Giroud, Benteke and Coutinho out... Aguero, Wilson and Shaqiri in

Didn't really want to mess my team around too much just to get Aguero in, but it's looking like a no-brainer for this weekend. Which of these two options look best? I'd prefer the second but I like how Coutinho is playing.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    If Gomis hits his second rise i may consider swapping to Benteke for -4. Probably not though.

He went up last night, no real chance of another this GW anyway.

I would be hoping that Benteke will outscore him this week to make the -4 worth it. The other two are a bit hit and miss but I like Chadli's fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    If Gomis hits his second rise i may consider swapping to Benteke for -4. Probably not though.

Benteke is a must for 5 & 6 , didn't realise his % owners was so high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SlickRic wrote: »

I'd say no. I've the option too and I think I'm going to leave it. It's a transfer id do for free but I don't really have any major confidence Pedro will outscore Depay in the next 2 GWs by 5 or more points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why would anybody be considering shipping out somebody who has scored a goal in the first three gameweeks for somebody who has only scored one goal which really shouldn't have counted against Bournemouth?

Why not wait until Benteke starts doing it and Gomis stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

are those who brought in sanchez in wc stickinh with him? id imagine so for the most part. i was considering taking a -4 to ditch him for pedro but i think ill see how he gets on this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Keep defoe or get Wilson in? Opinions welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rooney, Kane lescott out, aguero, Philips Gomez in. 4 point hit and some cash freed up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

FourFourFM wrote:
    Guys. Cech or Courtois?

Courtois: cheapest access to Chelsea defence long term, ( Zouma is there until Terry is back)

you can get arsenal defenders for 5.5 if needs be. Whereas a Chelsea defender is a minimum 6.0 at the minute(bar Zouma).

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why would anybody be considering shipping out somebody who has scored a goal in the first three gameweeks for somebody who has only scored one goal which really shouldn't have counted against Bournemouth?

Why not wait until Benteke starts doing it and Gomis stops?

Not a transfer I'm making this weekend (I have neither) but I've no real problem with it. As well as understanding that form is crucial in the game it's important to be able to predict things before they happen too. If I was upgrading Sakho to one of them this weekend it would be Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Rooney and Hazard out for Aguero and Pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Deco99 wrote: »
    I can Gomis to Benteke (on Wildcard) got him at 7.1m now 7.3m so would need a further two rises on Gomis which is not likely for a while.

but would need to downgrade Courtouis to Myhill, 0.3m in bank after that.
    That would leave me without Chelsea defensive cover.

Myhill (courtouis) - Maccarthy
    Shaw - Sagna - Martin - Gomez - Stenve Taylor
    Sanchez - Silva - Pedro - Mahrez Surman
    Aguero Wilson Benteke (Gomis)

Would Ya?

I would. I'm without Chelsea's defence too. If needed you can switch from utd or city but for now, even when they played well they conceeded 2. Myhill has some good fixtures. Not inconceivable he could outscore Courtois over the next 6 to 8.
    dahat wrote: »

Been saying that since wilcarrd. Did a serious look ahead at the fixtures of some of the highly owned players with potential to score big and that sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

dahat wrote: »

Don't you mean GW 6 & 7 which is a number of weeks away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Rubbish team. Mertesacker to ?
    I already have Ivanovic, Francis, Morgan, Mariappa!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

honeybear wrote: »

Kolarov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

honeybear wrote: »

Kolarov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Kolarov

Looking at that bunch, is it Per that needs to go asap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Not necessarily. Ivanovic is in terrible form, and costs 7.0m more. Switch Ivan to Kolarov would bank a tidy amount. Mert should only be out for one more week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm having second thoughts now in doing Bellerin/Azpi out for Kolarov for -4 this week. Free transfer is a Chelsea translation from Fabregas to Pedro. Probably tonight since Fabregas' getting close to dropping again and can't lose another £0.1m, especially for him.

Plan could be to WC during the first international break though. Which leaves me several options.
    1. Bellerin -> Kolarov.
    Bellerin is approaching the NTO target and Azpi home to Palace is as good a fixture as away to Newcastle. I could always bring him back during WC anyway, maybe for cheaper.

2. Azpi -> Kolarov.
    I could get Courtois during WC as my Chelsea back cover, if necessary.

3. Coates -> Sagna.
    If Kolarov doesn't look like rising again tomorrow, that could give me a premium defense (Bellerin-Azpi-Sagna) before WC & Kolarov.

4. Trust my current defense (Bellerin-Azpi-Huth), avoid the -4 and get Kolarov for next week WC.
    Now, option 3 is tempting though I'd be sweating the whole game over Kolarov's forward involvments and option 2 offers a full flexibility compromise in the sense that I'd only be using £0.3m from my bank (leaving £1.2m there) which would allow me holding on the WC if I feel it's not essential. Özil or Depay could come in for Payet easily enough. After all that'd be 3 consecutive 4 pts hit so I'd be WCing for just a couple of players. In hindsigth, I feel growing regrets for not having played it last week (like everyone :p)...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Depay out for Ramsey or Ozil lads? Need Arsenal coverage.

Fant11 wrote: »
    I don't think you do need Arsenal coverage. If you're getting rid of Depay it would be because he has blanked in his 3 games so far. But Ramsey has also blanked in all 3 games and Ozil still just has the one assist to his name. I don't see that either of those 2 transfers necessarily make your team any stronger. I think if someone is transferring out Depay this week then it should be for Toure, Silva or Pedro. I've the option to do all those transfers but am likely to not do any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

shrewdness wrote: »
    Looking to get Aguero in my team for the weekend but not sure who to get rid of. I've already played my wildcard this week so I don't have to worry about making one transfer too many.

The two options I'm thinking of are:
    - Giroud and Benteke out... Aguero and Maiga(only have 4.9m to play with) in
    - Giroud, Benteke and Coutinho out... Aguero, Wilson and Shaqiri in

Didn't really want to mess my team around too much just to get Aguero in, but it's looking like a no-brainer for this weekend. Which of these two options look best? I'd prefer the second but I like how Coutinho is playing.

It's hard to offer a full opinion without seeing the rest of your team. Getting Aguero in is a sound move, as is Giroud out. I don't like the idea of Maiga though, even as a sub. Is there anywhere else you can shave off a few million? Some Liverpool coverage (Coutinho or Benteke) would be nice for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    I'm having second thoughts now in doing Bellerin/Azpi out for Kolarov for -4 this week. Free transfer is a Chelsea translation from Fabregas to Pedro. Probably tonight since Fabregas' getting close to dropping again and can't lose another £0.1m, especially for him.

Plan could be to WC during the first international break though. Which leaves me several options.
    1. Bellerin -> Kolarov.
    Bellerin is approaching the NTO target and Azpi home to Palace is as good a fixture as away to Newcastle. I could always bring him back during WC anyway, maybe for cheaper.

2. Azpi -> Kolarov.
    I could get Courtois during WC as my Chelsea back cover, if necessary.

3. Coates -> Sagna.
    If Kolarov doesn't look like rising again tomorrow, that could give me a premium defense (Bellerin-Azpi-Sagna) before WC & Kolarov.

4. Trust my current defense (Bellerin-Azpi-Huth), avoid the -4 and get Kolarov for next week WC.
    Now, option 3 is tempting though I'd be sweating the whole game over Kolarov's forward involvments and option 2 offers a full flexibility compromise in the sense that I'd only be using £0.3m from my bank (leaving £1.2m there) which would allow me holding on the WC if I feel it's not essential. Özil or Depay could come in for Payet easily enough. After all that'd be 3 consecutive 4 pts hit so I'd be WCing for just a couple of players. In hindsigth, I feel growing regrets for not having played it last week (like everyone :p)...

That's a tough one to call and a nice problem to have,

it depends how much changing you want/need to do if you wildcard in the international break.

If the Sagna transfer could let you play on for another without wildcarding for another few weeks I'd go that route. Sagna's position is safer (until Zab fit) than Kolarov's.
    I have Kolarov at the minute, but if I hadn't City defensive cover I'd go Sagna due to position security and lower price.

My thinking is the international break might see a lot of wildcard being played and then there may not be many price changes if the WC transfers don't count.
    Holding the WC could also give you time to assess any late window signing and see how they adapt to the League and how much they'd be a benefit in FPL.

Gomis' price rise last night has made me second guess my plans to sell up.

Can anyone see him hitting 7.4 in the next week with the tough run coming his way?

I'm shipping Depay for Pedro,

and Diouf or Gomis for Defoe.

Anyone think Gomis is worth keeping over Diouf?

Gomis has form but no BP's yet and don't fancy his fixtures until Nov 7th

Diouf has form, has got BP's and a kinder run of fixtures. (Except Aresnal away) until Nov 7th.

Fair to say that Mané not even coming off the bench tonight makes him a very unlikely starter for Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Fant11 wrote: »

Ramsey all day long for me.

I think he will be a must have, in most teams, within a month.

CSF wrote: »
    Fair to say that Mané not even coming off the bench tonight makes him a very unlikely starter for Sunday?

When asked after the match why Mane wasn't brought on;
    Koeman said something along the lines of it's a long a season and there are other games so didn't want to risk him.

His press conferences on a Friday usually reveal a lot about who will/won't play. Worth reading after if not watching them.

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    When asked after the match why Mane wasn't brought on;
    Koeman said something along the lines of it's a long a season and there are other games so didn't want to risk him.

His press conferences on a Friday usually reveal a lot about who will/won't play. Worth reading after if not watching them.
    Didn't hear the interview. Sounds like manager speak, when I think about it I can't see why Koeman wouldn't have brought Mané on when chasing the game if he thought he was physically upto it. I can't see how he goes from not upto coming off the bench on Thursday to starting Sunday. Might come off the bench instead.

Didn't hear the interview. Sounds like manager speak, when I think about it I can't see why Koeman wouldn't have brought Mané on when chasing the game if he thought he was physically upto it. I can't see how he goes from not upto coming off the bench on Thursday to starting Sunday. Might come off the bench instead.

He's not one to bullsh1t though, only have Targett at the moment myself but all last season he was truthful with which of the defence would play, got Yoshida, Targett, Betrand and Alderweireld in at various times on his word, was handy when Toby played a few games in MF also.

I'd wait until tomorrow anyway to see what he says, unless another price drop is coming tonight?

Also heard Tadic isn't playing 90 mins due to some illness that has limited his fitness and recovery, can't remember the exact story. I'm hoping he drops a bit in price and Southampton kick on in the next few weeks.

shineon23 wrote: »
    He's not one to bullsh1t though, only have Targett at the moment myself but all last season he was truthful with which of the defence would play, got Yoshida, Targett, Betrand and Alderweireld in at various times on his word, was handy when Toby played a few games in MF also.

I'd wait until tomorrow anyway to see what he says, unless another price drop is coming tonight?

Also heard Tadic isn't playing 90 mins due to some illness that has limited his fitness and recovery, can't remember the exact story. I'm hoping he drops a bit in price and Southampton kick on in the next few weeks.
    I actually already got rid of him to bring in Mahrez, just trying to justify the transfer to myself even further really.

I actually already got rid of him to bring in Mahrez, just trying to justify the transfer to myself even further really.

Completely the right call going on form so far,
    Mahrez; scoring and rising. Leicester going well.
    Mane; not scoring and falling. Southampton not.

I dropped Mane with my WC and didn't enjoy seeing him starting up front against Watford.
    If this Southampton 3-5-2 formation continues Mane or a wing back would be worth keeping an eye on for out of position players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Were Southampton pushed about staying in Europe? Most clubs are realising after seeing the likes of Everton and Swansea struggle for little reward what it can do to your season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Do it.. Pedro at home to palace? I'd have to pull a -8 to get him in. seriously considering it
    No No No No!

While I do think that Pedro could outscore Pedro by 8 points, I think there's only a very small chance. Taking an 8 point hit to get him in is very risky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

AdMMM wrote: »
    No No No No!

While I do think that Pedro could outscore Pedro by 8 points, I think there's only a very small chance. Taking an 8 point hit to get him in is very risky!
    Damn ?! He's THAT good that he can outscore himself by 8 points?! Glad I jumped aboard yesterday now :p :pac: :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was delighted to see Mane on the bench last night as I figured he's not there unless he can play, surprised obviously that he wasn't brought on as it seemed like the match panned out in exactly such a way as to make the reason for his presence there obvious. Chasing a single goal and Koeman went for Long instead??
    Anyway ye've sowed some doubt in my head but he's got another three days to get fully right, he wouldn't have togged out if he wasn't able to contribute anything (unless Koeman was trying to confuse the opposition number punchers:confused:)
    He'll start on Sunday, I'm certain of it:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Taking a -4 to get Kolarov and double city defence before wildcarding me thinks :)

Lemlin wrote: »
    Were Southampton pushed about staying in Europe? Most clubs are realising after seeing the likes of Everton and Swansea struggle for little reward what it can do to your season.
    I can't answer that question with any absolute certainty except to say that they pretty much played their first team throughout which implies they were looking to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'm trying to pick my best defenders for this weekend.

This is what I'm currently looking at :

Schmeichel
    Cédric(NOR) Gomez(WHM) Kolarov(WAT)

Subs: Hennessey Richards(SUN) Bellerín(NEW) Bentaleb

I'm not sure if putting Cedric ahead of Richards and/or Bellerin is the way to go. Normally I'll always go for the more attacking defender but the way Southampton have been playing .......

Your thoughts are welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Determined to go three at the back?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Determined to go three at the back?

Definitely. This is my Mid/Att

Mahrez Pedro Özil Yaya Touré
    Pellè Benteke Agüero

Any one of them should be "theoretically" capable of making more points than a defender this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Colking wrote: »
    I'm trying to pick my best defenders for this weekend.

This is what I'm currently looking at :

Schmeichel

I'm not sure if putting Cedric ahead of Richards and/or Bellerin is the way to go. Normally I'll always go for the more attacking defender but the way Southampton have been playing .......

Your thoughts are welcome.

I was tempted by Gomez as well but West Ham as bad as they have been have scored in their opening 3 games. Liverpool have improved defensively but am not sure if they will shut them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Clichy not in City squad for weekend.

I would have Richard instead of cedric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Antibac wrote: »
    I was tempted by Gomez as well but West Ham as bad as they have been have scored in their opening 3 games. Liverpool have improved defensively but am not sure if they will shut them out

The did a good job shutting arsenal out and the bookies agree so Gomez will be in my team for the weekend.

I would have Richard instead of cedric

Schmeichel

I think that's my biggest quandary. On the one hand Mane will possibly play for only a portion of the game. For Southampton to have a chance of winning I think Koeman will be giving instructions to the wingbacks to get forward as much as possible and give Pelle something to latch on to.

But the way they've been playing .......

Richards on the other hand has to contend with an in form Defoe. If he keeps him quiet he will have a good chance of getting BPS. If he doesn't ...

In terms of Bellerin I think Newcastle will get a goal. They'll probably lose 2-1 or 3-1 but I definitely see them in with a good shout for a goal.

Colking wrote: »
    Schmeichel

I think that's my biggest quandary. On the one hand Mane will possibly play for only a portion of the game. For Southampton to have a chance of winning I think Koeman will be giving instructions to the wingbacks to get forward as much as possible and give Pelle something to latch on to.

But the way they've been playing .......

Richards on the other hand has to contend with an in form Defoe. If he keeps him quiet he will have a good chance of getting BPS. If he doesn't ...

In terms of Bellerin I think Newcastle will get a goal. They'll probably lose 2-1 or 3-1 but I definitely see them in with a good shout for a goal.

Soares didnt start last night

• Advertisement

Soares didnt start last night

True, but Koeman said he wanted a more solid defensive unit last night. I would be fairly confident he'll start against NOR though.

Advertisement