Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4s error 21

• 22-08-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I gave my daughter my old iphone 4s at Xmas and while she was away someone broke the screen on it.

My Dad gave her the money to buy a new screen and she got it replaced in a store in a main shopping centre.

After a few days the phone stopped charging, I tried to fix it by connecting to itunes and it would not work.

Tried restoring to factory settings and get error iphone could not be restored error 21

Went back to the shop who fixed the screen and they told me first that she dropped it (she didn't)

Next the power connection was damaged, it connected fine to my PC and was identified by itunes. They proposed changing that.

They then rang to say there was water damage (no reason there should have been water damage).

So my 13 year old is left without a phone. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

sue97 wrote: »
    I gave my daughter my old iphone 4s at Xmas and while she was away someone broke the screen on it.

My Dad gave her the money to buy a new screen and she got it replaced in a store in a main shopping centre.

After a few days the phone stopped charging, I tried to fix it by connecting to itunes and it would not work.

Tried restoring to factory settings and get error iphone could not be restored error 21

Went back to the shop who fixed the screen and they told me first that she dropped it (she didn't)

Next the power connection was damaged, it connected fine to my PC and was identified by itunes. They proposed changing that.

They then rang to say there was water damage (no reason there should have been water damage).

So my 13 year old is left without a phone. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately there's not much you can do. Those repair shops in shopping centre aren't really up to much and will not take any responsibility. Sounds like they've messed up the phone and are trying to blame your daughter so they can wash their hands of it.

Advertisement