Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 10 apps/store not launching

Options
  • 22-08-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

So today tried to look up picture on pc and suddenly windows photo app just crashed-says reinstall etc.

when going into options its icon is blank.

Went into store app same thing wont even launch just pops up for a second and closes down no errors displayed on screen.

now went onto MS forums and seems many people started having such issues in last couple days,also tried deleting cache files,forcing auto update options,time-zone checking correcting nothing works.

So anyone in the same boat ? since my guess would be faulty update since more then few people have this,but everyone's clueless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Have you tried running:

WSReset.exe

From a run prompt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

yeah tried almost everything-the wsreset gives error try to reinstall program.
    tried running powershell commands no luck,deleting cache folder files for app store,even on admin account same issue-basically all windows related apps turned blank on start menu-maps,photos,music,film.Some give error to reinstall,app store seems like launching but 1s in disappears without any errors,other give message to contact system admin.

found topic on M$ forums and basically a lot of people having same issues and ones who managed to get trough to support were told that this is common issue and they are working on a patch.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/371651-app-store-wont-open-windows-10-a.html

But seems most that are affected have upgraded from previous versions,where mine is clean install.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

scamalert wrote: »
    yeah tried almost everything-the wsreset gives error try to reinstall program.
    tried running powershell commands no luck,deleting cache folder files for app store,even on admin account same issue-basically all windows related apps turned blank on start menu-maps,photos,music,film.Some give error to reinstall,app store seems like launching but 1s in disappears without any errors,other give message to contact system admin.

found topic on M$ forums and basically a lot of people having same issues and ones who managed to get trough to support were told that this is common issue and they are working on a patch.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/371651-app-store-wont-open-windows-10-a.html

But seems most that are affected have upgraded from previous versions,where mine is clean install.

If you're a clean install, I would think it would be easier to just reinstall again tbh. Or you could wait for a patch from MS, but who knows when that'll happen. Best of luck!

Yeah not keen on reinstalling given amount of time needed to put all drivers and what not back.Anyway don't really use any ms services or apps,since only noticed when tried to look up picture-so will wait for updates to see if its fixed in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

that happened to me. the only solution I had was to reinstall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 myrscossie

Same thing happened me upgraded from 7 all apps pop up for a second and then close down have 3or4 more bugs as well worst being copy and paste not working as it should , tried a clean install worked fine for a day then back to the same. Definitely going back to win7.

same here regret even switching over so early,win8.1 worked like a charm.Now gonna be stuck with those stupid updates where they fix one thing screw another.

Advertisement