Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Good place to wash bikes, South Dublin-ish?

• 22-08-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I live in Churchtown (near Dundrum). Looking for garage to wash one's own bike...(powerhose, etc.)...Any suggestions?

No lectures on using a powerhose, please... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

One would not ever use a powerwasher on ones bike....Muck off,bucket,sponge,brush hose....ones chambermaid uses such impliments.........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

One would not ever use a powerwasher on ones bike....Muck off,bucket,sponge,brush hose....ones chambermaid uses such impliments.........:)

I'm a fan of powerhoses when they're available. Entirely safe when used sensibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Underground car park in bewleys lepardstown STEAM CLEAN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Powerwashers are fine if you avoid certain areas of the bike. But then you have to wash them seperately! But if you have awkward bits like spoked wheels, a power washer is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cienciano wrote: »
    Powerwashers are fine if you avoid certain areas of the bike. But then you have to wash them seperately! But if you have awkward bits like spoked wheels, a power washer is brilliant.

Half the enjoyment is spending an hour ,just you giving her a nice bath.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

As Wonda said, guy I know has a steam clean business in the carpark of Bewleys in Leopardstown (Now called Clayton hotel). Call him in advance, tell him Colin from Boards sent you. Get a price in advance I think its €15 but could be 20. I'll be talking to him soon http://www.speedysteam.ie/

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Underground car park in bewleys lepardstown STEAM CLEAN!
    Zascar wrote: »
    As Wonda said, guy I know has a steam clean business in the carpark of Bewleys in Leopardstown (Now called Clayton hotel). Call him in advance, tell him Colin from Boards sent you. Get a price in advance I think its €15 but could be 20. I'll be talking to him soon http://www.speedysteam.ie/

Nice one lads, deffo gonna get this done...thanks!

He is advertising Cars for €13 if he charging that for a bike (€15-20) forget about it no way......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You are paying for the time. You'll have to ask him, but €13 is a quick outside wash for a car. A bike takes a lot more time cleaning all the gunk out of the nooks and crannies...

A bucket of suds and elbow grease costs nothing - but I'm lazy and like a proper job done ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

http://www.speedysteam.ie/motorbikes/

20 brick for a bike. Depends on the job they do I'd say. Handy as well, drop the bike in and upstairs for the full Irish.

• Advertisement

Yeah, in fairness...20e is about right. A little steep, but I wouldn't expect a bike done for less than 15e.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

rat_race wrote: »
    I live in Churchtown (near Dundrum). Looking for garage to wash one's own bike...(powerhose, etc.)...Any suggestions?

No lectures on using a powerhose, please... ;)
    Seeing as you're in Churchtown, I'll be taking the bike to Brian in MVD.

Motorcycle Valeting Dublin

Have a look at his Facebook page for some before and after pics of bikes he's done.

No way on earth I would pay anything near €120 for a super de duper valet and head and shoulders rinse for my bike. I know others would gladly and I am sure its a top notch service but in the words of Del Boy Trotter "No Way Pedro"

Easily get is steam cleaned and buy the ACF50 and treat it yourself all in cost €40!

KT10 wrote: »
    Seeing as you're in Churchtown, I'll be taking the bike to Brian in MVD.

Motorcycle Valeting Dublin

Have a look at his Facebook page for some before and after pics of bikes he's done.

Looks great, is a little on the steep side though, but it's a fair price given the time it'd take, and the ACF50 cost, etc. Might be worth it once a year! Where are they based?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Easily get is steam cleaned and buy the ACF50 and treat it yourself all in cost €40!
    Completely understand about it being viewed as expensive, but in my lazy opinion, worth it to be able fire a bucket of water over the thing and watch dirt fall off. :p
    Looks great, is a little on the steep side though, but it's a fair price given the time it'd take, and the ACF50 cost, etc. Might be worth it once a year! Where are they based?

€20 for a wash and dry vs €20 for a steam clean?

I got the €100 OCD clean last year and the bike breezed through Winter.

He's based a couple minutes from the Walkinstown roundabout, give him a ring and ask about your bike, it would surprise you the detail Brian goes into when cleaning bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

The apple green in Ballinteer has a decent pressure washer and takes coins

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Cleaner

Based in Greehills D12

Guys unfortunately SpeedySteam is no longer due to the new Hotel owners of Newleys. If anyone knows of any other steam clean business that do bikes please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

there is a steam clean operator in the corner of the under ground parking lot by homebase in nutgrove, not sure if they do bikes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Texaco in Newcastle has a power washer that takes coins too. Always seems to be working well. A bit out, i incorporate it into a spin and the drive home drys the bike nicely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement