Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Inter really trying to push on but that leaves so much space for Milan to counter into and Luiz Adriano and Bacca are cutting Inter's exposed back four apart.

De Sciglio seriously struggling to hold the line, that's a few times he's played Inter attackers onside and it almost cost Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Bad miss from Jovetic. Inter beginning to turn up the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Absolute swamp of a performance from us in the first half. It was Icardi who messed up though Miller. Perisic looks like a big mistake and the only two Interisti who have been in the match are Melo and Jovetic.

I would take Perisic off, put Medel into midfield because it is the lack of defensive cover from there which is causing the problems. Switch Juan Jesus into central defence as he's the only one fast enough to cover the two Milan forwards and bring Telles or Nagatomo in to cover the left full back slot.

If Mancini doesn't change something then I'll start to agree with Miller because this is disgusting. The only thing worse is the BT Sport commentary, I'm going to pass half time seeing if I can get an Italian one because these guys don't seem like they even want to be commentating on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

1-0 Inter, great finish but very lucky they way they played out from the back.

You can only laugh really. Inter make a mess of playing out from the back, creating trouble for themselves and inviting Milan to fully press, opening up the space for Inter to play through Milan and Guarin to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jesus he hit that well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Balotelli has been excellent since coming on

MD1990 wrote: »
    Balotelli has been excellent since coming on

I can see him making that support striker spot his own, Honda was woeful tonight, Mario behind Bacca and Adriano would be much more interesting.

• Advertisement

That was a pretty crap match for the neutrals.

Can't understand why Milan took off Bacca and not Luiz Adriano though.

That was a pretty crap match for the neutrals.

Great match for me :D!

As Italians say... i derby non si gioca, si vince! (You don't play the derbies, you win them!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Inter's defence was pretty impressive. Milan threatened a bit in the second half but I never felt Inter were in real trouble, bar Balotelli hitting the post.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Inter's defence was pretty impressive. Milan threatened a bit in the second half but I never felt Inter were in real trouble, bar Balotelli hitting the post.

It was pretty poor in the first 20 minutes, they were all over the shop and gave away 3 good chances to Milan.

Brilliant news: Serie A will start it's own streaming channel/network.

Supposedly €2 per game and €4 for a packet of 3 games per weekend.

http://www.legaseriea.it/it/sala-stampa/notizie/info/al-via-il-canale-della-lega-serie-a-serie-a-tv

Hosted by Laura Barriales :pac:

KDuKJgH6.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

^^^^
    Here in Australia we have beIN Sports Connect, which has live streaming of 3-4 games of each of Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga per Weekend, plus highlight shows and more games on demand a few hours after they finish. Plus Every CL and EL game, also get Laura Barriales big fan of her work. All for only $17 a month, great value compared to Sky or Setanta when I was back in Ireland. Always wanted a service like this when I was back home, as I'm not a huge fan of the EPL.

Do the big tv companies deals block this from happening in Europe or is such a service available online now? It's been over 4 years since I emigrated.

I think Italy is the first big league that is doing it, everywhere else Sky and Fox are all powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Brilliant news: Serie A will start it's own streaming channel/network.

Supposedly €2 per game and €4 for a packet of 3 games per weekend.

Hosted by Laura Barriales :pac:

KDuKJgH6.jpeg

She's good but no Mina Rzouki

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtoiA7j6maFKLH_G23ud1jAp9kOPFmhLOSGKOdvPR-2-ty1kr0nA

Blatantly bias to Juve but I can forgive her of that :o

€2 per match with a Juventina presenter. Can I pay €1 and get it without her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Mina Rzouki is incredibly annoying.

• Advertisement

Italian sports tv is generally awful for this though. Putting on women exclusively for their looks. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Giovanni Trapattoni on La Domenica Sportiva last Sunday. It was refreshing to have someone who knows the game inside out, and any Ireland fans who think he doesn't are seriously, seriously misguided, and isn't frightened to say what he thinks. At one stage, Mihajlovic got very excited because Trap had said Inter deserved to win. Trap calmly and very lucidly explained his point and though Mihajlovic didn't agree he had to concede that what Trap said had a certain sense to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mina Rzouki is incredibly annoying.

Her eyes are proper dreamy tho :P
    I agree with the poster about the quality of presenting
    Ah I'll never forget this tho

I'm not aware of Mina Rzouki to be honest. Does she only present on English language tv? I tend to follow Serie A on Italian TV as I find a lot of the analysis on things like BT Sport is set up for those who might occasionally watch a Serie A match, not those who have an in depth knowledge from Lega Pro through to Serie A, which is fair enough I guess because most watching probably do fit into that category. Any Italian TV coverage I've seen of the Premier League also fits into that bracket so I guess its normal, though you could write what I know about the EPL on the back of a postage stamp so its probably good enough for me.

How do people think this weekend will go? I think our match is tough, particularly coming off the back of the derby and playing a team who tried to beat us. Chievo will be happy with a point and will play accordingly. If we break them down early then great, otherwise we will have to rely on Jovetic again. I hope to see our level of play improve though.

I think Juventus will struggle against Genoa, not usually an easy team to break down away. I also didn't think they played that well against City and felt it was City's poorness that lost the game. Milan should have enough for Palermo at home as should Roma against Sassuolo. A tasty match, though not necessarily for the purists, may be Atalanta against Verona in Bergamo given the rivalry and the fact that, come the end of the season, both teams will be grateful for any points they got early on. Napoli Lazio is obviously the biggie but I feel both teams will cancel each other out.

Yeah, Mina Rzouki is English.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Her eyes are proper dreamy tho :P
    I agree with the poster about the quality of presenting
    Ah I'll never forget this tho

Some things never change:-

British Italian football "commentators" dropping clangers with Italian pronunciation and terminology... Its Puglia, not Pulia (James Richardson) and Elvis Costello referring to the Genoa fans are the genovesi, which of course both the Doriani and the GENOANI are.

Juventus getting a dodgy penalty.

Tonight's match was a nice entertaining affair.

Young Davide Calabria looked impressive when he came on for Abate.

What is it about Milan and producing good full backs? In the squad now you have Abate, Di Sciglio, Antonelli and now Calabria and on top if that you have Darmien at United and a few more scattered around Serie A.

I wonder if you could make a good team out of just Milan academy graduates? There's the likes of Astori, Paloschi, Matri and a handful more out there.

Vasquez looked very sharp for Palermo too.

What is it about Milan and producing good full backs? In the squad now you have Abate, Di Sciglio, Antonelli and now Calabria and on top if that you have Darmien at United and a few more scattered around Serie A.

To be honest, you could make a decent team out of most top Serie A sides primavere if only they would punt on the talent. Inter's academy is generally seen as the best in Italy. I'm going off what the Italian media say here because the team has been so badly mismanaged in recent years that a lot of these players haven't seen their potential revealed. That said, you don't have to look too hard for evidence as to why the media is right. Milan's academy is good too though, though if I were the parent of a talented young kid living in Italy I'd probably hope Atalanta took him on because not only are they good at developing talent, they also give a kid a chance.

Mario's first Serie A start of the season.

The boy's still got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a game in Italy

Headshot wrote: »
    What a game in Italy

Zapata doing great since he came in for Udinese.

Zapata not doing great since he switched to the right for Milan.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Tense, tense stuff here!

The ref has had a shocker tonight. Balotelli's yellow was a joke and Fernandes never deserved a second to get sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So guys, looking at heading over for Milan Verona game on december 13th, always wanted to go to San Siro and well Verona have one of my fav players in Luca Toni, the question I have is what is it like supporting a away team in San Siro is it generally done as I was going to bring my Luca Toni jersey :D

astonaidan wrote: »
    So guys, looking at heading over for Milan Verona game on december 13th, always wanted to go to San Siro and well Verona have one of my fav players in Luca Toni, the question I have is what is it like supporting a away team in San Siro is it generally done as I was going to bring my Luca Toni jersey :D

It might not be such a great idea to be fair to wear that.

The chance of getting in real trouble is small but you may get abuse or whatever. If you want to support Hellas and Luca Toni, see if you can find a way to sit right next to the away end, I'm sure more away fans will do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

It might not be such a great idea to be fair to wear that.

The chance of getting in real trouble is small but you may get abuse or whatever. If you want to support Hellas and Luca Toni, see if you can find a way to sit right next to the away end, I'm sure more away fans will do the same.

If its the San Siro it should be third tier behind one of the goals which when I went there was completely reserved for away fans.

To be honest I wouldnt risk wearing the Toni jersey, it just increases the chance of verbal abuse and maybe physical violence and I would also be wary of sitting too near the Hellas Verona fans who a few years ago anyway had a bad reputation for trouble and racism.

kksaints wrote: »
    If its the San Siro it should be third tier behind one of the goals which when I went there was completely reserved for away fans.

To be honest I wouldnt risk wearing the Toni jersey, it just increases the chance of verbal abuse and maybe physical violence and I would also be wary of sitting too near the Hellas Verona fans who a few years ago anyway had a bad reputation for trouble and racism.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you be worried of abuse from the Verona fans if you were wearing a Verona jersey?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you be worried of abuse from the Verona fans if you were wearing a Verona jersey?

Maybe it's not a Hellas Verona jersey with Toni's name on ? :)

Fair enough. I assumed it was as he never specified otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

I just assumed it wasnt a Hellas jersey and the abuse would be from Milan fans more so.
    In fact just looking at what date the match is on, its very likely that something would be worn over the jersey so maybe wearing it would cause little issue.

• Advertisement

By far the best result in the history of Frosinone.

Juventus are already 10 points off Inter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

It's a Hellas one. I'll just wear a Milan one they are my Italian team after all 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Roma 7 points off the pace too, shaping up to be be an entertaining season for sure.

@astonoidan

Don't. Simply. Wearing a Verona shirt to a match against either of the Milanese teams would be a bad idea as there is bad blood between them and us. You will see some do it, but take it from someone who goes quite regularly (for Inter matches), its always teams with a more positive or more neutral relationship to us. You might see some Verona fans doing it. Leave them off. You're travelling to watch a football match, not to risk having some Milanista screaming in your face or worse. If it was someone like Palermo I'd tell you to wear it and not to worry about it, but not Verona. You could wear it in the away section but you won't get a ticket for there as you presumably don't have the tessera del tifoso.

Five wins out of five. Wouldn't have expected that at the start of the season. We're not playing great, to be honest in large parts of games we're unwatchable at the moment but I'm not really sure who is playing well right now. The match on Sunday will reveal a lot. Fiorentina will try to beat us whilst Verona, and Atalanta, Carpi and to a lesser extent Chievo, chased the draw from the first whistle. The derby was also a strange match, as it often is, because neither side were particularly great in it which is usual, not just for the Milanese derby. That said, the first thing any side with ambition has to do is to get the defence playing well and we certainly seem to have done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Leonardo Blanchard the guy who scored Frosinone's equalizer last night is a Juve ultra :pac:

Leonardo Blanchard the guy who scored Frosinone's equalizer last night is a Juve ultra :pac:

Yep, https://instagram.com/p/3rIKdbFFYN/

And Frosinone bought him for €1000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Roma 3-0 up atm at home to Carpi. Pjanic with another great freekick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A mixture of very poor summer of buying and Allegri will cost Juve this season

Headshot wrote: »
    A mixture of very poor summer of buying and Allegri will cost Juve this season

Allegri turned Juve into a team who were competitive in Europe and played great football. Conte had them looking like flat track bullies who got found out against top class teams.

Juve are having a hangover from a big season and lost their 3 most important players. They will be competitive come the end of the season.

Pirlo definitely wasn't one of Juve's three most important players last season. He didn't even start when everyone was fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Allegri turned Juve into a team who were competitive in Europe and played great football. Conte had them looking like flat track bullies who got found out against top class teams.

Juve are having a hangover from a big season and lost their 3 most important players. They will be competitive come the end of the season.

Vidal could have stayed ffs if the club had tried harder to keep him. Hes the biggest loss

• Advertisement
Advertisement