Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Pirlo definitely wasn't one of Juve's three most important players last season. He didn't even start when everyone was fit.

The only games he didn't play were when he was injured. He started every game he was fit for, as well as 10 of 13 CL games. He missed the start of the season with a hip injury and missed 6 games after Christmas with a calf injury. Besides that he started the majority of games last season in Serie and 10 games in the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was just speaking to my father who is a huge Juve fan as it was his boyhood club even if he is closer to Rome .... Then Turien. Always has the matches on when he is cooking in work.

He wonts Allegri gone as he always rated Conte a better manager then him. His words was that Allegri distorted AC and now he is doing what he done there to Juve and also that they bought shocking this season and they should have paid what ever Videl wonted to keep him same as Tavez they should have kept him for another year and leave him go for free next year as they are missing him big time up front. Pirlo was another huge loss he might not be able to run that much but the impact he has on the team with the pin point of passes and free kicks is hugely missed.

I think if they lose Pogba as well thats the end of Juve. He just says they wont world class players but they refuse the pay the wages to get theses world class players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Was just speaking to my father who is a huge Juve fan as it was his boyhood club even if he is closer to Rome .... Then Turien. Always has the matches on when he is cooking in work.

He wonts Allegri gone as he always rated Conte a better manager then him. His words was that Allegri distorted AC and now he is doing what he done there to Juve and also that they bought shocking this season and they should have paid what ever Videl wonted to keep him same as Tavez they should have kept him for another year and leave him go for free next year as they are missing him big time up front. Pirlo was another huge loss he might not be able to run that much but the impact he has on the team with the pin point of passes and free kicks is hugely missed.

I think if they lose Pogba as well thats the end of Juve. He just says they wont world class players but they refuse the pay the wages to get theses world class players.

As an Interista, I can't say that I'm not enjoying the start to Juve's season :D. However, I couldn't disagree with your Dad more. In my opinion, Allegri is a very good coach. He overachieved last season by getting Juventus to the Champions League final, when Conte struggled to get them out of the group stages. What's happening to Juve now is the same as happened to Milan when Allegri was there. The best players have been sold but everyone still expects the team to perform like it did last year. Galliani sold Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic and didn't replace them. Milan started to struggle, no big surprise. Marota has sold Vidal, Tevez and Pirlo and Juventus are starting to struggle, no big surprise. Though I do think Juventus will return to form and get back in the title race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Vidal could have stayed ffs if the club had tried harder to keep him. Hes the biggest loss

Marchisio is missed too & replacing Vidal/Pirlo with players like Hernanes & Khedira (who is ALWAYS injured) was very short sighted.
    Blaming Allegri is kinda funny tbh. Worked out well last time tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I rate Allegri far higher than Conte. All Conte had to fall back on was his motivational skills really. His team always went out ready to die for the shirt, but at the same time they always went out in a 3-5-2 with the exact same gameplan regardless of the opposition. He was completely exposed in Europe. Allegri is a far more astute manager. At this stage, I'd settle for a top 3 finish this season and build from there. I think there is a really good team bubbling just under the surface of the current team. I'm excited about Lemina. With him, Bonucci, Alex Sandro, Marchisio, Pogba, Mandzukic and Morata there is the basis for a really good side. I think Zaza and Hernanes are going to prove to be expensive blunders. I'd rather have kept Llorente than sign Zaza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Fiorentina 2-0 against Inter after 19 mins, Handanovic not having a good game at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fiorentina 2-0 up at Inter after 19 minutes has them top right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh wow

this is stunning

Inter are so poor, just shows how much luck has been involved in winning the first 5 games, a response is really needed now.

3-0 now.

Shaping up to be a very entertaining season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

The Scudetto is their for Roma, if only they could get their act together.

Miranda off, rightly so too.

Inter falling apart.

Jaysus red for Miranda.
    Disaster.
    Kalinic has really improved since his Blackburn days

That people rate Handanovic up there amongst the best keepers in the world is ridiculous. We're getting a real schooling here. Even those who we were pinning our hopes on like Felipe Melo are having a nightmare.

Miranda sent off. We'll be lucky if this doesn't end up 6 o 7-0.

Another season of mid table mediocrity beckons.

And Mancini still hasn't changed anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Red card Inter

Three nil down, and Mancini's answer is to prepare Ranocchia to come on. Are you allowed to curse in the soccer forum?

Very Bored wrote: »
    That people rate Handanovic up there amongst the best keepers in the world is ridiculous. We're getting a real schooling here. Even those who we were pinning our hopes on like Felipe Melo are having a nightmare.

Miranda sent off. We'll be lucky if this doesn't end up 6 o 7-0.

Another season of mid table mediocrity beckons.
    That's a bit of an over reaction, Handa is normally a top quality keeper but like most he has his clangers, all the best keepers have dodgey games. I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on Melo if I were you, we could have gotten much better imo.

I'd say competing with Milan and Fiorentina for 4th will be how we end up.

• Advertisement

dor83 wrote: »
    That's a bit of an over reaction, Handa is normally a top quality keeper but like most he has his clangers, all the best keepers have dodgey games. I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on Melo if I were you, we could have gotten much better imo.

I'd say competing with Milan and Fiorentina for 4th will be how we end up.

I can't stand Handanovic. He never catches, he doesn't command his area, he consistently makes big errors. How many goals does he concede on a rebound following a save? Its not an overreaction, I've thought the same thing for at least a couple of years.

I can't stand Handanovic. He never catches, he doesn't command his area, he consistently makes big errors. How many goals does he concede on a rebound following a save? Its not an overreaction, I've thought the same thing for at least a couple of years.

I never liked him before he joined us and said at the time he wasn't good enough but he was excellent for a few years and we should have sold him a couple of seasons ago when there were offers and taken a chance on Bardi. Now I just don't think we'd get better than him, at least not until we're back in the CL and have some money again anyway.

I never liked him before he joined us and said at the time he wasn't good enough but he was excellent for a few years and we should have sold him a couple of seasons ago when there were offers and taken a chance on Bardi. Now I just don't think we'd get better than him, at least not until we're back in the CL and have some money again anyway.

Which won't happen whilst he's between the posts.

How do you manage to have that Inter signature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Inter have actually looked poor all season Had easy fixtures apart from Milan. Lack creativity in midfield. Melo has been very poor tonight. Sousa doing a great job at Fiorentina.

Which won't happen whilst he's between the posts.

How do you manage to have that Inter signature?
    Like I said, we should have taken a chance on Bardi a couple of seasons ago, I really think he could have been close to De Gea in quality if we had just given him the opportunity.

I don't know exactly where I got it from, I've had it for years. To add it you go to user control panel, then edit signature and put the image link in there, mine is [IMG][/img]http://img.userbarz.com/58/11524.jpg without the space before the http.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Inter have actually looked poor all season Had easy fixtures apart from Milan. Lack creativity in midfield. Melo has been very poor tonight. Sousa doing a great job at Fiorentina.

I've been very impressed with them tonight. I would wonder whether they could be a good outside bet for the scudetto. Juventus are all over the place, the Milanese teams are poor, Roma have no consistency, Napoli will trip over themselves sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    I said earlier, there has been a lot of luck involved in it, without Jovetic we don't look like scoring. Melo isn't good enough for a team trying to compete for top positions imo, he was brought in because he was cheap and had worked with Mancini before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I've been very impressed with them tonight. I would wonder whether they could be a good outside bet for the scudetto. Juventus are all over the place, the Milanese teams are poor, Roma have no consistency, Napoli will trip over themselves sooner rather than later.
    Fiorentina could just do with a player like Salah & Cuadrado like they had. I don't think they can win the league but can finish top 3. Juve have no chance for the league imo. They have a very good squad but too many changes & need time to gel.

I said earlier, there has been a lot of luck involved in it, without Jovetic we don't look like scoring. Melo isn't good enough for a team trying to compete for top positions imo, he was brought in because he was cheap and had worked with Mancini before.

I think Melo is ok if he's used properly, as a hardman who constantly tackles away and wins ball. But there's got to be someone alongside him who know how to use it for him to give it to.

I think Melo is ok if he's used properly, as a hardman who constantly tackles away and wins ball. But there's got to be someone alongside him who know how to use it for him to give it to.
    I'd rather have Medel do that though, I think he's much better at it than Melo.

I'd rather have Medel do that though, I think he's much better at it than Melo.

Medel is a centre back.

• Advertisement

GOL!

Medel is a centre back.
    He plays in midfield too, I'd say he is a DM who can also play CB and we'd be playing someone else at CB if we had better, Murillo when he's fit will start I think.

He plays in midfield too, I'd say he is a DM who can also play CB and we'd be playing someone else at CB if we had better, Murillo when he's fit will start I think.

I think Medel is the other way around, he plays CB for Chile. He was very ineffective in midfield for us last season.

At least there's some form of a reaction, in recent years there wouldn't even have been that.

I think Medel is the other way around, he plays CB for Chile. He was very ineffective in midfield for us last season.

At least there's some form of a reaction, in recent years there wouldn't even have been that.
    I think it was difficult to look good as an Inter player last year, especially in midfield when you have players like M'Vila and the inconsistency of Guarin and Kovacic. There's always one Inter player who I properly hate to see wear the jersey, it used to be Muntari and now it's Guarin, he's infuriatingly inconsistent.

Yeah, I put that down to Mancini, he's not going to win you a CL but he will do what Inter need right now and that is get us back towards the top of the table.

4-1 and that's it over.

I think it was difficult to look good as an Inter player last year, especially in midfield when you have players like M'Vila and the inconsistency of Guarin and Kovacic. There's always one Inter player who I properly hate to see wear the jersey, it used to be Muntari and now it's Guarin, he's infuriatingly inconsistent.

Yeah, I put that down to Mancini, he's not going to win you a CL but he will do what Inter need right now and that is get us back towards the top of the table.

4-1 and that's it over.

Mine is Handanovic. I love watching a good goalkeeper and he isn't one.

Who do you think has played well for Inter tonight? In my opinion, Medel has been the best of them, but its hard to pick anyone.

Mine is Handanovic. I love watching a good goalkeeper and he isn't one.

Who do you think has played well for Inter tonight? In my opinion, Medel has been the best of them, but its hard to pick anyone.

Yeah it's hard to pick, midfield was poor and the forwards got no service so it was a difficult game for them. I would say Guarin was the worst but maybe that's my biased opinion.

Yeah it's hard to pick, midfield was poor and the forwards got no service so it was a difficult game for them. I would say Guarin was the worst but maybe that's my biased opinion.

Anyway, forza Inter! Lets hope there's a reaction against Sampdoria.

I was watching it on Sky Sport Italia. According to the commentators in the studio, the crowd whistled Guarin at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Martin Caceres is available for transfer in January then.

He did this last night and failed a breathalyser.

CQDZ6vmW8AAcEbc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Martin Caceres is available for transfer in January then.

He did this last night and failed a breathalyser.

CQDZ6vmW8AAcEbc.jpg

What is with Juventus and there south american footballers crashing Ferraris ?

• Advertisement

Todays is the moment of truth for us. React well to last week, come out fighting and hopefully win and we can perhaps look forward to a good season. Come out like lambs like we have done after defeats in recent years, play badly and lose and we can write off another year.

Mancini is putting out the same team, barring Murillo for Miranda caused by suspension, that lost 4-1 against Fiorentina last week. How can he seriously think this is a reaction to what happened seven days ago? This sends out a message that he accepts the performance from a week ago... bah...

SAMPDORIA (4-3-1-2): 2 Viviano; 13 Pereira, 4 Moisander, 87 Zukanovic, 3 Mesbah; 10 Correa, 7 Fernando, 8 Barreto; 21 Soriano (C); 24 Muriel, 23 Eder.
    A disposizione: 1 Puggioni, 57 Brignoli, 9 Rodriguez, 17 Palombo, 19 Regini, 77 Carbonero, 92 Rocca, 95 Ivan, 99 Cassano.
    Allenatore: Walter Zenga.

INTER (4-3-3): 1 Handanovic; 21 Santon, 17 Medel, 24 Murillo, 12 Telles; 13 Guarin, 83 Melo, 7 Kondogbia; 44 Perisic, 8 Palacio; 9 Icardi (C).
    A disposizione: 30 Carrizo, 46 Berni, 5 Jesus, 11 Biabiany, 14 Montoya, 22 Ljajic, 23 Ranocchia, 27 Gnoukouri, 33 D'Ambrosio, 55 Nagatomo, 77 Brozovic, 97 Manaj.
    Allenatore: Roberto Mancini.

Not bad so far though Guarin is his usual self effectively meaning we're playing with ten men. Handanovic nearly gifted a goal away so nothing new there. The defence is playing well and Kondogbia is giving his first decent performance in nerazzurro.

Important that we recovered from being a goal down and came back to draw even if we would have wanted to win. A point away against Sampdoria isn't terrible but its not perfect either. Hard to understand how Mancini doesn't see how terrible Guarin is, taking off Kondogbia when he was playing decently and leaving Guarin on for the full match when he was awful, again, doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Demolition job in the San Siro for Milan.

Insigne just scored a beauty of a free to make it 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jesus that 90 million was wasted at Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sad to see AC Milan like this.

Headshot wrote: »
    Sad to see AC Milan like this.

I don't understand our transfer policy & playing 4-diamond-2 so much then moving Adriano out wide.
    Ugh I just can't be bothered complaining it's the same old story at Milan.

Torino 0-0 Milan at half time. Only four shots on goal in the first half. The fewest so far this season in Serie A. All were from Milan but Torino are still favourites with the bookmakers. I'm watching it on my TV which for some reason has locked itself onto the commentary from a tifoso cronista del Milan (its a phenomenon not common in English football where you have a professional fan commentator for the main clubs which you can tune in with the red button on Sky Sport Italia and other ones on Mediaset), a real treat for an Interista lol, I hope tomorrow it will be fixed and won't have a tifoso cronista della Juve, I'd end up smashing the television lol.

• Advertisement

Torino 1-1 Milan full time. Right result on the basis of play. Milan not great.

Advertisement