Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bit lucky in the end but a great win for Napoli. Sarri really showing that Benitez didn't do a good job there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

Was about to ask for the Bolton v Brentford game before someone came to the pub and asked for BT Europe (Virgin media must not have it).

I thought Guarin should have been sent off too. Yellow for the tackle and another for pulling the refs arm away.

But Napoli panic at the end makes me wonder have they the bottle to win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

New season.....deep down the same Napoli :confused:
    Sarri or no Sarri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Juve are going to win the league again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads, any idea where I could buy a sampdoria jersey?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Napoli vs Roma set to be a good one

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Napoli vs Roma set to be a good one

Juve vs Fiorentina too later.
    Poor result for Milan. De Jong getting sent off changed the game

ERG89 wrote: »
    Juve vs Fiorentina too later.
    Poor result for Milan. De Jong getting sent off changed the game

Hideous game. Hellas had too much fear to try to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Juve are gonna take some stopping.

Dybala and Pogba becoming very influential but the work rate of the entire team is very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I totally disagree with this. Conte's teams were flat track bullies in Serie A, but were knocked out of Europe as soon as they faced a good side. Conte's team was incredibly predictable. He just played 3-5-2 in every match, used the same tactics and made the same substitutions all the time. Allegri guided basically the same players to the Champions League final.

I think this season will come good yet. I'm convinced there's a very good team bubbling just under the surface of the current side. The likes of Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Lemina, Marchisio, Morata, Dybala could be the nucleus of a top class team.
    Chiellini has always been overrated and is having a bad season. Hernanes was a mistake, a last minute panic signing by Marotta after failing to get the number 10 Allegri wanted all summer. Pogba has been shíte this season and needs to sort his head out. Juve have also been very unlucky with injuries so far this season. Marchisio, Mandzukic, Khedira, Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Asamoah, Pereyra and probably others that I've forgotten have all missed games already. If the key players are fit and all the signings settle in things will improve.

And you got that one bang on. I was worried at the start of the season, comparisons to chelseas downfall. But Juve have done brilliantly to turn it around. Dybala and Mandzuic looking like a great old fashioned partnership

Cienciano wrote: »
    And you got that one bang on. I was worried at the start of the season, comparisons to chelseas downfall. But Juve have done brilliantly to turn it around. Dybala and Mandzuic looking like a great old fashioned partnership
    It's not going to plan for Morata or Lemina at the moment though. :P

I'm convinced Juve are going to win the league again now.

Allegri is a rubbish manager. Conte was the real architect that built the Juve team that got to last years final. Allegri just went along with it and the more meddling and changes he makes, the worse they will get

Just thought I'd randomly quote this

2nd in the league

Just thought I'd randomly quote this

2nd in the league

HUGE fan of Max but I wish he'd make more use of Morata. Mandzukic has come good the last few weeks & Dybala gets better every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He is a pure and simple nutter

He's nuts

Headshot wrote: »
    He is a pure and simple nutter

He's nuts

Never got why Inter brought him back to Italy from Turkey. Was expecting Inter to win it when they equalised but they never pushed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Its actually funny how crazy Melo is.

ERG89 wrote: »
    HUGE fan of Max but I wish he'd make more use of Morata. Mandzukic has come good the last few weeks & Dybala gets better every week.

He made loads of use of him last season while he was on fire. At the moment every shot and pass is going wrong for him. Meanwhile, Mandzukic and Dybala can't stop scoring. I can't blame Allegri for giving Morata limited playing time recently. I think he just needs 1 goal and he'll be back in form.

Melo needs professional help.

Melo needs professional help.

My father would say he needs 5g of lead.

No pannetone for Melo :pac:

Crazy finish Fio - Laz. Three goals in added time!

• Advertisement

Totti just came on as a sub for a guy who was born four years after Totti started playing for the Roma first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can't imagine Garcia lasting much longer, shame would have been nice to see totti pick up another scudetto before he calls it a day but looks like it won't happen now. Wonder would ancelotti fancy the job?

What a brilliant game. Really really enjoyable to watch

omg what a finish

Headshot wrote: »
    omg what a finish

How are Inter losing this? :eek:

All the luck ran out in one game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Absolutely cracking game between Inter and Sassuolo there. Inter probably should have had it wrapped up early on but Sassuolo stayed in it, worked very hard to congest the middle of the pitch and, with a bit of luck, a bit of poor defending from Miranda and some excellent goalkeeping from Consigli, they leave San Siro with 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Berardi is a class act, really is a special footballer. Juventus would be stupid not to bring him back at the end of this season.

Juve up to second. Not too shabby after the first couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rudi Garcia sacked by Roma this morning. Been coming for awhile really
    Roma have sacked manager Rudi Garcia and his assistants Frederic Bompard and Claude Fichaux.

Garcia, who won Ligue 1 with Lille in 2011, had been in charge at the club since June 2013.

He led the team to 10 wins in the first 10 league matches of the 2013-14 season before finishing second in Serie A for the second consecutive season.

They are currently fifth in the table, seven points behind leaders Napoli.

• Advertisement

Rudi Garcia sacked by Roma this morning. Been coming for awhile really

Looks like Spalletti is replacing him. Didn't his Roma team have the same problem as Garcia's, great in attack but terrible in defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Juve up to second. Not too shabby after the first couple of months

Think it says more about the league than Juve tbh but they're on a charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Roma have had some injury problems, but they've just fallen apart.

A new manager was needed.

Hopefully they can push on now and ensure a European place.

Think it says more about the league than Juve tbh but they're on a charge

It's probably the most competitive & best league to watch so far this season. Inter & Roma were always going to cool off.
    They were always going to struggle early on after losing Tevez, Pirlo & Vidal.
    As for Garcia he never got Roma back after the performance last year at home to Bayern. It broke them. Happens too often to Roma they take some absolute beatings down the years especially in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Klose has decided this is his last season.

Probably a season too late at Lazio, but will still be sad to see it end.

Roma have confirmed that Luciano Spalletti is to take charge of the Serie A club for a second spell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Happy with that appointment.

He did a decent job last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Happy with that appointment.

He did a decent job last time.

Dunno, they became the second best team in a very weak Seria A by default and he still couldn't deliver the league. The hammering by United really showed where they were under Spalletti. They played attractive football, but Roma normally do anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Really think Napoli will do it this year, Juve have done great to get back into it after that horror start, just think Napoli have got the team spirit to get it done.

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Really think Napoli will do it this year, Juve have done great to get back into it after that horror start, just think Napoli have got the team spirit to get it done.

I would worry about the lack of depth in the Napoli squad. If Higuain got injured its all over for them. Juve have a much better squad which I think will win them the title. Hope I'm wrong though!

12 league games in a row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Good win for Napoli as well as they top the Table again.

I'd be lumping money on Milan to beat Inter if my card wasn't canceled at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ref better not be at this crap for the night. Seems to be in a "let the game flow" mode. Couple of blatant fouls/yellows just ignored by him already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Icardi pen off the post. AC gonna hold on I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Go wan AC

Go wan

Go wan AC

Go wan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lovely finish from Bacca

Inter are simply an atrocious team. Their luck has ran out this season. They are a slightly about midtable level team

Inter are simply an atrocious team. Their luck has ran out this season. They are a slightly about midtable level team

Handanovic, Jovetic and nine butchers. Terrible game tonight. Mancini is blaming the referee again for his players undiscipline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement