Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Handanovic, Jovetic and nine butchers. Terrible game tonight. Mancini is blaming the referee again for his players undiscipline.

They are just so open and clueless. And it's been like that ever since Mourinho left. No manager can seem to get it right. I'm just sick I had no money to put on Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Roma's transfer plan for the last couple of seasons is pretty crazy it's just a constant in flow of players window after window. Diego perotti the latest to join from Genoa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Scumbag stuff going on from Lazio fans towards Koulibaly of Napoli, even had the ref stopping the game a bit ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

user2011 wrote: »
    Scumbag stuff going on from Lazio fans towards Koulibaly of Napoli, even had the ref stopping the game a bit ago.

The game was stopped because of anti-Napoli chants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The game was stopped because of anti-Napoli chants.

The commentator said that to but changed it too racist chanting.

Confused a bit with the anti Napoli chants stopping a game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

user2011 wrote: »
    The commentator said that to but changed it too racist chanting.

Confused a bit with the anti Napoli chants stopping a game

It's been an issue for the last year or 2 I think, where games can be stopped and clubs charged if their fans chant stuff against other cities.

Which is stupid because the Napoli fans don't care.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/serie-a-how-the-right-to-sing-insulting-chants-has-united-the-ultra-in-italy-8884604.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Turning into a bit of a two horse race between Napoli and Juventus (who are on a ridiculous run of form).

Can see Inter dropping out of the top four and Milan finishing ahead of them and Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Jesus Christ inter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sorry but irs not a serieA question but i tried to see how parma are doing ( serie D)? But cant find it . Anyone know ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

cjmc wrote: »
    Sorry but irs not a serieA question but i tried to see how parma are doing ( serie D)? But cant find it . Anyone know ?
    Thanks

They are top of their division by six points.

http://ie.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-d/20152016/group-d/r33102/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Seems like a quality title race this year, Napoli and Juve keep winning every game and they face off this weekend in Turin. Haven't seen much of Serie A this year but will definitely be tuning in for this one. Anyone been following closely this year? Whose your money on? Have only really been following results but Juve seem to have a tighter defence(must be 6or 7 games since they conceded?) so would have to go for them.

I called Napoli to win it at the start of the year, but if Juve beat them, I can't see them dropping too many more points.

Seems like a quality title race this year, Napoli and Juve keep winning every game and they face off this weekend in Turin. Haven't seen much of Serie A this year but will definitely be tuning in for this one. Anyone been following closely this year? Whose your money on? Have only really been following results but Juve seem to have a tighter defence(must be 6or 7 games since they conceded?) so would have to go for them.

I call Napoli. Juve have two defenders out - Chiellini and Caceres which will mean Barzagli out of position or a change of formation.

kksaints wrote: »

Looks food 18/7/0 with +44 goal difference.
    If they win does it mean promotion to serie C , and so on ?

Looks food 18/7/0 with +44 goal difference.
    If they win does it mean promotion to serie C , and so on ?

Lega Pro 2 first, then Lega Pro and then Serie B. So 3 divisons to get promoted from before Serie A.

Lega Pro 2 first, then Lega Pro and then Serie B. So 3 divisons to get promoted from before Serie A.

Tragic to see them where they are.

Tragic to see them where they are.

Its a real shame alright but sadly their previous owners didnt do a good job at all. Wasnt it something over a 100 players they had on loan at other clubs?

Some reasonably big other clubs in Serie D aswell as Parma. Piacenza, Venezia (Venice) who were both in Serie A in the 1990s and Reggio Calabria (Reggina who were in Serie A up to 2009).

This is wrong actually just looking at it again. Lega Pro 2 doesnt exist any more since 2014 so there is one less division in their way. Hopefully this wiki article will explain the structure clearly. Parma are in Serie D the fourth level and top non-professional divisions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football_league_system_in_Italy

Tonight, Juventus v Napoli

I expect a frustrated game, a draw. I hope a spectacular. Strange the referee Rizzoli (believed to favour Juve) got an injury and is changed, but Orsato does not, I remember, favour Juve.

As much as the football, it is the drama of calcio I love. The side orders ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Tonight, Juventus v Napoli

I expect a frustrated game, a draw. I hope a spectacular. Strange the referee Rizzoli (believed to favour Juve) got an injury and is changed, but Orsato does not, I remember, favour Juve.

As much as the football, it is the drama of calcio I love. The side orders ;)

Hoping the pub i am heading to in a bit will trow it on for me as i cant wait for it. My father is a die hard Juventus fan no idea how he became one as he is from close to Napoli ha ha.

But Juventus have some team at the moment they keep getting better and better witch is nuts.

But Napoli and the forum Hegian is in he's going to be hard to stop. Comes to show Real made a mistake letting him go as i would love to see him at Man Utd as the main man.

Hoping the pub i am heading to in a bit will trow it on for me as i cant wait for it. My father is a die hard Juventus fan no idea how he became one as he is from close to Napoli ha ha.

But Juventus have some team at the moment they keep getting better and better witch is nuts.

But Napoli and the forum Hegian is in he's going to be hard to stop. Comes to show Real made a mistake letting him go as i would love to see him at Man Utd as the main man.

In recession thousands of people from Campania come for work in Turin. Agnelli gives them a lot of jobs, may be that is why. I have friends from Cassino who also are fans of Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

In recession thousands of people from Campania come for work in Turin. Agnelli gives them a lot of jobs, may be that is why. I have friends from Cassino who also are fans of Juve.

Father is from Close to Cassino been there many a time as a child and i have family who work in the FIAT Factory there. I think there going to be making the new Alfa there.

But i hope they win tonight what is it 14 or 15 wins in a row if they win ?.

Allegri is twice the manager Conte was as he can change the game plan a lot more then him and the team is perfect now in every way expect for the Flop that is Hurannes

It is difficult for me. I am tifoso Torino!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pogba has a pokeball inspired design in his haircut....okay :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would love to see Napoli knick a result here.

Higuain's run has to end at some stage. Calléjon to score.

• Advertisement

Sick interception by Bonucci to stop a certain nod-in by Gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Tight and tense, Napoli probably looking the more dangerous of the two. As the commentary pointed out they've done well to exploit the space left when Pogba pushes inside, and they've looked to play Higuain in behind early. Juventus tried to isolate Ghoulam vs Cuadrado early but really to little success. Napoli the brighter of the two and Juventus really struggling to get their key players involved.

Hamsik & Higuain have been awful so far. The latter seems to just throw his hands in the air instead of working. Hopefully Bonucci's injury isn't too serious.

Pogba has been pretty ordinary so far but did brilliant to set that for Dybala, best chance for Juventus so far blazed just over the bar.

How did Juventus get Barzagli for 300k

He is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Zaza :(

Pity Napoli hasn't the balls to go for it when it was there for them to.

Well that was unexpected! Zaza strikes, the ball deflects, it's 1-0, it could be an absolutely massive 3 points to take Juventus top of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Juve to dump Bayern out? Some momentum behind them now.

Juve to dump Bayern out? Some momentum behind them now.

A game in which both teams lack fit centre backs with the injury to Bonucci tonight and now with Badstuber out for 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

A game in which both teams lack fit centre backs with the injury to Bonucci tonight and now with Badstuber out for 3 months.

So that's a massive loss for Juve and a massive bonus for Bayern.

So that's a massive loss for Juve and a massive bonus for Bayern.

I wouldn't say that when you consider that he was their only fully fit centre half and whose been playing alongside Kimmich who is both inexperienced at that level and in that position.

Napoli will be sick I'd imagine. They were the better team (albeit barely) for most of the game.

Deserved a draw at least.

Door is open again for Napoli on Monday against Milan. But I just question their mentality.
    Juve seemed distracted looking ahead to Bayern & treated Bologna as a nuisance.

This match has been hectic so far.

• Advertisement

1-0 Napoli. Deflected shot from Insigne.

The atmosphere at this match is incredible.

Abate own goal

Napoli all ways look open to this attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Bonaventura out of nowhere! Set to be a good 2nd half.

Great match this. Hopefully the second half has the same tempo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

So... I'm watching this match on an italian stream.

At halftime, they had a guy interviewing Bonaventura as he was coming off the pitch.:confused: First time I've ever seen a halftime interview.

Is this normal in italian/european football?
    Would hate to see it become commonplace.

So... I'm watching this match on an italian stream.

At halftime, they had a guy interviewing Bonaventura as he was coming off the pitch.:confused: First time I've ever seen a halftime interview.

Is this normal in italian/european football?
    Would hate to see it become commonplace.

They do it in France as well I saw PSG players being interviewed at half time last year

Don't see the harm in it myself.All interviews a nothing to the entertainment value of the game so it's no worse than pre or post match interviews.

Some amount of religious iconography in the tunnel in the San Paolo.

Milan has improved big since start of the year!

• Advertisement

Napoli should have won that they had some good chances in the second half.

Very selfish from Higuain at the end he could easily have played in Mertens on his left who would have been left with a great chance to cut the ball back selfishness went for a very difficult chance for himself.

Advertisement