Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Milan has improved big since start of the year!

You just know Berlusconi will sack Mihajlovic though. Deserved draw. Felt Higuain & Hamsik went hidies again when it mattered.
    Inter vs Juve could be interesting but Napoli need to start showing character. I knew even on Friday they would struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

So... I'm watching this match on an italian stream.

At halftime, they had a guy interviewing Bonaventura as he was coming off the pitch.:confused: First time I've ever seen a halftime interview.

Is this normal in italian/european football?
    Would hate to see it become commonplace.

It's completely normal in Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Well Juve won the Derby D'Italia quite convincingly.

Looks like another Scudetto heading to Turin unless there is a complete collapse by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Well Juve won the Derby D'Italia quite convincingly.

Looks like another Scudetto heading to Turin unless there is a complete collapse by them.

Even before the game, was it ever in doubt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Another 2 dropped points for Napoli.

Hard to see them being able to get past Juve now.

• Advertisement

Another 2 dropped points for Napoli.

Hard to see them being able to get past Juve now.

Ah, Napoli. Too many small lads with fancy hair styles.

Fiorentina looked like they didn't want to beat them last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Penalties on Sky Sports 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Juve are through to the Coppa Italia final after beating Inter 5-3 on penalties. Juve done there utmost best too lose the 2nd leg after throwing away a 3-0 first leg advantage.

It'll be Milan v Juve in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Roma 3-0 up before half time against fiorentina, with a game more played theyll be only 2 points behind napoli if they presumably go on to win. Some turn around since spaletti came in.

Looks like Torino might win a game :)

Inter down to 9.

• Advertisement

And now we try to throw it away

Finally we win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

If Verona hold on and win today, they are only 6 points behind the safety spot. Hopefully their is a chance a teams whos jersey I bought this year doesnt get relegated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good match on now between Milan and Juve.

1-1 33 minutes into the first half.

BT Sports 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Buffon still has it, amazing keeper

The best central midfielder in the world today gets his deserved goal after coming extremely close minutes earlier with a free kick that hit the post.

1-2

Pogba with a great take on the chest and a shot into the ground that bounces over everyone and into the goal.

After a poor start to their season, this is one of the most dominant marches to the title seen in years.

Milan have sacked Mihajlovic. He will be replaced by Christian Brocchi.
    I guess the Berlusconi's can't sack themselves or Galliani.
    Has been almost a year since we sacked someone was beginning to think something was wrong.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Has been almost a year since we sacked someone was beginning to think something was wrong.

To catch with Palermo you have to pick up the pace :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The best central midfielder in the world today gets his deserved goal after coming extremely close minutes earlier with a free kick that hit the post.

1-2

Pogba with a great take on the chest and a shot into the ground that bounces over everyone and into the goal.

After a poor start to their season, this is one of the most dominant marches to the title seen in years.
    Didn't know there was a Serie A AndersonIsGod type poster.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Didn't know there was a Serie A AndersonIsGod type poster.

If you think this is even close to the drivel he writes, you need to take a wander back to La Liga

• Advertisement

After the much needed Torino win today, now Inter are doing Juventus a favour to Napoli.

My friends who are mostly all Juve fans, have very tortured souls tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That's Serie A done and dusted for another season so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Atalanta leading Roma 3-2 after being 0-2 down, and there's still over 35 mins left.

TOTTI!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Such an open game, both teams could have scored more and Dzeko really should have had at least one.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere years ago that Brocchi was Berlusconi's favourite player.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere years ago that Brocchi was Berlusconi's favourite player.

He has Silvio's job requirements. Has no spine & will play 4-diamond-2.
    No change here. Bertolacci went off after an hour of useless input & Balotelli's existence annoys me.

Funny thing is Milan look to finally have a decent striker again in Bacca but Id put money on him being sold in the summer and replaced by some Italian sub like Zaza or Gabbadini

astonaidan wrote: »
    Funny thing is Milan look to finally have a decent striker again in Bacca but Id put money on him being sold in the summer and replaced by some Italian sub like Zaza or Gabbadini

Oh yeah he'll go.
    Niang will probably go too as Mihajlovic had to fight for him to stay last summer & Donnarumma will probably get offers.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah he'll go.
    Niang will probably go too as Mihajlovic had to fight for him to stay last summer & Donnarumma will probably get offers.

I dont see Donnarumma going myself, Niang just screams West Ham/ Wolfsburg signing then turning into a machine. Think the new coach is going to try bring through a lot more youth players though which I dont think is entirely bad, saying that I think hes a step down from Mihajlovic

astonaidan wrote: »
    I dont see Donnarumma going myself, Niang just screams West Ham/ Wolfsburg signing then turning into a machine. Think the new coach is going to try bring through a lot more youth players though which I dont think is entirely bad, saying that I think hes a step down from Mihajlovic

I just see the team saying we spent a lot last summer we didn't make champions league (we had a VERY small chance). Then use that as an excuse to sell more players. I cannot see many players other teams would want besides Bonaventura & those I named. Bertolacci has been a real flop @ €20m
    This is a club that sold Aubemayang for peanuts so I have no faith on them to use the primavera players. Same was said when Inzaghi took over too but we'll have to sign a few bosmans as usual too. That barrel was scraped with a fat KP Boateng in January afterall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Quick question for ye Serie A heads - I'll be in Milan when AC and Roma play on May 15th, and was thinking of bringing my six and nine-year-old children, but somebody mentioned to me that there's still a lot of crowd violence in Italian games. It's not something I follow myself, is it something I should be concerned about? If so, I'll just bring them on a tour of the San Siro instead on another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

ectoraige wrote: »
    Quick question for ye Serie A heads - I'll be in Milan when AC and Roma play on May 15th, and was thinking of bringing my six and nine-year-old children, but somebody mentioned to me that there's still a lot of crowd violence in Italian games. It's not something I follow myself, is it something I should be concerned about? If so, I'll just bring them on a tour of the San Siro instead on another day.

Its fairly safe as long as you dont sit too near the Milan ultras or the away fans although it would be slightly more riskier than most other matches I would say (Milan and Roma do not like each other). I was at this match in 2007 and while there was a good few fireworks let off there was little other trouble (partly due to the large number of riot police around).
    If you decide to go remember to bring your passports to the match, you wont get in otherwise.

ectoraige wrote: »

You'll be fine as long as you stay in one of the areas away from the home Ultras and the away fans.

Just ask stewards on the day where to go.

Totti only needs 4 mins on the pitch to win games :D

• Advertisement

Totti is now only 27 goals behind the all time record.

Another 2 seasons and he might have an extreme outside chance of breaking the record.Although it would be highly unlikely he could keep going until 42 he's surely be a decent option to have against the weaker teams in the league.

It must be sickening for him to be so close to breaking thee record and more than likely just a couple of years too old to have a chance at it.

Milan vs Carpi is sooooo fūcking bad to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If they would spend less time learning this thing and more working on football they might beat Carpi. :confused:

Lucky again.
    Juventus, penalty to Fiorentina not awarded.
    Good Fiorentina goal disallowed.
    Buffon saves penalty (but in fairness it should not be given).
    Fio hits woodwork in last seconds.

Today this afternoon, Napoli must win against Roma to save the Scudetto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Fifth concecutive Scudetto for Juve, there we go :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

Jan Laco wrote: »
    They weren't real Milan players.

After today there are a lot of Milan players who aren't real Milan players either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its really sad to see AC Milan like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Headshot wrote: »
    Its really sad to see AC Milan like this

Brocci wont last the rest of the season at this rate. there are a few decent players hidden in the mess (very well hidden) its hard to see any new manager being a success without a change of ownership.

Milan have been the better side I the coppa Italia final but their final ball has been abysmal. About 10 minutes left in extra time.

Milan have been the better side I the coppa Italia final but their final ball has been abysmal. About 10 minutes left in extra time.

Their lack of finishing has cost them it seems, Juve scored just now.

Loath though I am to say it, whatever will satisfy Real, Juventus have to pay it. Morata is true class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

All that Z Ibra nonsense at PSG, legend/king. Puke
    Antonio Di Natale 438 Udinese appearances. & all round decent man. That's what I would call A Legend
    Good article
    https://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/05/20/antonio-di-natale-in-celebration-of-a-serie-a-legend/

Prandelli seems to be Lazio's new coach.

Kinda sucks for Inzaghi who did a pretty good job after Pioli was sacked. Would have liked to see him get a full season to prove himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement