Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2016/17

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

All that Z Ibra nonsense at PSG, legend/king. Puke
    Antonio Di Natale 438 Udinese appearances. & all round decent man. That's what I would call A Legend
    Good article
    https://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/05/20/antonio-di-natale-in-celebration-of-a-serie-a-legend/

Just waiting on Udinese jerseys to go on sale :D
    Reckon he ends up at Empoli finish where it all began

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Suning, the same people who spent crazy money to buy Ramires and Teixeira, have bought a majority stake in Inter. Moratti has sold his stake and Thohir still has a minority as he will stay on as President. I don't know what this means for the club really but hopefully they'll make more funds available for transfers and they will almost certainly push the Inter brand in China where the club already has a huge following. It's a shame to see Moratti go completely as he and his family were involved in the most successful periods in the clubs history, but football has changed so much and it was not sustainable the way he ran the club.

In other news, Banega has confirmed he is joining Inter, a very good signing especially on a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Pjanic to Juve all but "officially official": http://www.football-italia.net/85644/%E2%80%98juventus-have-pjanic%E2%80%99

I don't hate it at all, as a Juve fan :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

That's pretty much a guarantee that Pogba is going to Real

nah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Riders Of Rohan

Pjanic to Juve while a great deal for them, really saddens me, I presume he must have some sort of release clause as 25mill for him is a steal, I do see this a Juventus being pro-active in replacing Pogba who I see(hope) being the next Galactico

How can you speculate about such causation between Pjanic and Pogba without much proof?

Now the hype mill is turning due to someone finding out that Pogba has unfollowed Juventus on twitter. Except that it turns out Pogba never followed Juventus to begin with. These things have happened each summer and I'll say the same - he could be sold, he could not. But all these "according to [unmentioned] reports" rumour pieces and twitter analyses do not a specific case make. Maybe Juve want Pjanic because they need a CL quality powerhouse in midfield; Khedira is not a long term solution, we're still hurting from Pirlo & Vidal leaving and Marchisio has a serious injury. They need more than just Pogba there.

And about the Pjanic deal, yes if you read the article I linked;
    “Juventus have activated the €38m clause and we expect to finalise the transfer very soon,” Adis Junuzovic told N1.

So 38m euro and yes it's the clause.

Bielsa quits Lazio after 2 days in charge :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bielsa quits Lazio after 2 days in charge :P

Hopefully he never gets a job in management again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Didn't he quit Marseille after they lost the first game of his second season? He's doing a lot of damage to his rep, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What I gather is they made Bielsa promises on players to get him to sign; he then discovered they hadn't bothered to even make enquiries about the players. He regarded this as a breach of their agreement and told them to get lost.

I admire him. He's one of the greatest minds in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bielsa always has these excuses about his madness and always still seems to get these jobs. He could have done a lot more than he actually has, which is getting farther and farther away by the year. Certain other jobs coming up as well may be a factor.

Advertisement