Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in using a mortgage broker?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Thanks for all your advice! Helpful but mixed (in a good way)

Broker had a free consultation with us and said his charge was €250 and he seems very straight no nonsense type of guy

I need to read up on what we'd get for that because we did also get AIP at first but declined at credit check because of a cock-up with a previous credit card company not closing my account properly and incorrectly reporting to the ICB

That's hopefully sorted now. Bank said I could reapply.

Only think I wanted to really see a broker for was to ask how to deal with many houses we see now that actually have sitting tenants with contracts till xxx 17 or whatever

Not able to bid anyway yet but if I did bid I guess I can make vacant possession a condition. I recall seeing here that someone insisted it but on key day, the tenant hadn't moved!

Should I filter these out in early research?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Ask for advice in the forum. You'll get good advice generally although expect a difference of opinions.

Eliminate anything with a tenant, eliminate anything in neg equity. Once you have a place and a booking deposit paid it's even stevens whether it actually closes so keep looking and if you decide on something else pull your booking deposit and go with that, especially if you've had no movement towards signing contracts in sometime.

You can make vacant possession a condition but if the tenant won't move you're fecked - tenants have been givene even more rights with the recent amendments to the RTA2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Vacant possession is a condition of mortgages. Banks won't release funds without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Sorry to pull up old thread - any recommendations for a broker in Cork City/Douglas area? Looking at the different banks and really just needing some sound advice as to the pros and cons, have already been in direct contact with two (and told we'll likely be approved for the amount we need).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Sorry to pull up old thread - any recommendations for a broker in Cork City/Douglas area? Looking at the different banks and really just needing some sound advice as to the pros and cons, have already been in direct contact with two (and told we'll likely be approved for the amount we need).

Just put a post up and ask.a broker isn't going to add anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Larakaur

dbagman wrote: »
    I can recommend one I used myself only last year. And she didn't charge us a thing. In her own words "I have no need to charge you. I get my fee from the banks". Now I do know she moved jobs in the middle of our application, but we stuck with her in new place and wernt charged. Was delighted with all she did for us to be honest. My sister put me in touch with her and so happy she did. I can PM name and number if you wish. Iv no links to her whatsoever and never even met her in person. All our dealings were done via email,post for anything that needed actual signatures or over the phone.

Hello Dbagman, can you please PM me her details?

Advertisement