Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverting back to 3pay from 3 sim only plan

• 22-08-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭

Signed up to 3 a few years back on pay as you go and then switched to sim only a about a year ago without the need to get a new sim. Now i want to switch back to pay as you go and I was told I will have to give 30 days notice and that i'll have to go into a 3 store and get a new pay as you go sim and port my number over from 3 billpay to 3 payg.

Is this right, they had no problem switching me to sim only and no sim replacement was needed. Did I get some ill informed CSR or is that how it works now?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Signed up to 3 a few years back on pay as you go and then switched to sim only a about a year ago without the need to get a new sim. Now i want to switch back to pay as you go and I was told I will have to give 30 days notice and that i'll have to go into a 3 store and get a new pay as you go sim and port my number over from 3 billpay to 3 payg.

Is this right, they had no problem switching me to sim only and no sim replacement was needed. Did I get some ill informed CSR or is that how it works now?

Weird. I did the opposite a few months back and needed a new sim card to go from prepay to billpay

Advertisement