Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice and Recommendations for renting a house/apartment urgently wanted

• 22-08-2015 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi all,

At the beginning of July myself and my boyfriend were given a month's notice that we had to leave our apartment (due to the apartment being bought for the buyer's own residency).

We thought we had somewhere more or less sorted: a house close to city centre for very reasonable rent. It was sitting idle for about 6 years and needed a good few jobs done such as painting, electricity prepay meter installed, gas boiler installed, flooring. I was told the house would be ready at this stage and now when I ring the landlord, he's telling me there are complications with Electric Ireland, something about it costing him €3-4000 to do anything else and he just doesn't have the money. Obviously this has us very annoyed.

We're now considering looking elsewhere as we have not paid him a cent yet, and we were hoping to have something sorted before I head back to college.

I'm looking for advice or recommendations about where to go or what to do about the landlord, we have a budget of about €600 or thereabouts per month for rent. We're hoping for something preferably 2-bed in the city or near enough to a bus route and we're not interested in sharing with others.

Any serious advice is greatly appreciated! thank you!

Comments

Advertisement