Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cash a cheque?

Options
  • 22-08-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi,i have a little question.I have a cheqe with my salary and my qestion is if its possible to cash out if i dont have an account in your bank.
    Thx a lot 
    Have a nice day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Ginoka wrote: »
    hi,i have a little question.I have a cheqe with my salary and my qestion is if its possible to cash out if i dont have an account in your bank.
    Thx a lot 
    Have a nice day

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Good Morning Ginoka,[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Welcome to Boards.ie and thanks for your post.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]The cheque should be lodged into an account in the name of the payee on the cheque. This account does not have to be with Bank of Ireland but will need to be in the name of the person stated on the cheque.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]If you do not have a bank account and the cheque is not crossed or 'a/c payee only' then it may be possible to endorse the back of the cheque and arrange for it to be lodged into another person's account. The account holder will need to check this with their bank to see if this is permitted.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Nicola[/font]

Advertisement