Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen party - Ennis

• 22-08-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hey lads,
    So Im currently organising my sisters hen party and we decided to go with Ennis.
    My main question is about self catering accommodation: can anyone recommend anywhere? I don't see anywhere, with the exception of private owned cottages ect which would be no good as there are 20+ and we all wnt to stay close to each other.
    Are there any lodges/apartments in the area?
    Also, I see there are a few hotels. Is queens, which facilitates the nightclub, likely to be very loud. I'd ask the hotel but not sure how honest an answer I'd get!!!
    Finally any recommendations on good restaurants or bars would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance folks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Hi ... try the banner lodge or rowntree hostel it's about 3 min walk from the Queens.. knoxs bar upstairs is best food in town for your size of ppl there are lots of good pubs in town but try to finish up in yolo .knoxs . Front bar .queens nite club.. I'll try to get phone numbers tomorrow or monday you ... lab man

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

lab man wrote: »
    Hi ... try the banner lodge or rowntree hostel it's about 3 min walk from the Queens.. knoxs bar upstairs is best food in town for your size of ppl there are lots of good pubs in town but try to finish up in yolo .knoxs . Front bar .queens nite club.. I'll try to get phone numbers tomorrow or monday you ... lab man

Thanks so much lab man!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

The Rowantree Hostel is an award winning establishment situated in Harmony Row, Ennis. There is an adjoining Rowantree Bistro which is definitely one of the best places to eat in Ennis. Check it out on Facebook.
    I don't know of any self catering accommodation in Ennis.
    As previous poster mentioned, Knox's is a brilliant pub (and restaurant), just few mins walk from Rowantree and also YOLO (pub cum grub) on the same street.
    Another eatery I would highly recommend is The Dining Room (also on FB), excellent food and excellent value.
    Hope you enjoy your visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Afollower wrote: »
    As previous poster mentioned, Knox's is a brilliant pub (and restaurant), just few mins walk from Rowantree and also YOLO (pub cum grub) on the same street.

I know you only live once, but that sounds disgusting!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

seachto7 wrote: »
    I know you only live once, but that sounds disgusting!! :eek::eek::eek:

And the Sunday after a busy Saturday, the portions might be bigger. 😖

Seriously though, not that I've stayed in the rowantree, it is very central and the restaurant in nice. Banner lodge doesn't say hen party to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement