Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit surprised by speed

Options
  • 22-08-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I recently wrote to the adoption agency I was adopted through to get medical info and any non identifying information. As an afterthought almost, I also asked had anyone from my birth family enquired after me. About 4 weeks later I got an appointment. I went in and discovered that my birth mother had enquired after me on and off over the years and it is written on the file that she would like to meet me. I told the SW that I'd be happy to meet but with a bit of a lead in. The SW said she would make contact with the birth mother to get the medical info I'm after and get back to me. The last contact from the birth mother was about 4 years ago. I just wonder is this a bit unusual? not the fact that the birth mother enquired ( though for some reason I never really considered that she would have) but more unusual about the rapid progress of things. I'm not complaining. I don't know, I'm just a bit stunned. Any thoughts?
    thanks,
    L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Given that she had previously enquired about you there is probably no point leaving you both hanging. You could well have had a wait if she had never made contact with them. It's an exciting time. My husband is in the early stages of reunion and it's amazing. He was always cautious that his bm may not want to know so it was a huge relief when she replied to sw and said she would like to meet him. From there things moved quickly - life is too damn short to drag it out when both parties are happy to be in contact with each other. So the fact that you know your bm has enquired about you must be a great, albeit unexpected, feeling. Have a think about it and see if a reunion is something you would welcome. Wishing you all the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 twojays

Op do you mind me asking how you went about contacting the agency etc, as I am in a similar position and am interested in finding out about my health background,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Limestone123

Hi,
    I just found out the name of the agency I was adopted from and emailed them my request attaching photo Id and they got back to me. It was straightforward as I knew the name of the agency. Good luck with it.

Advertisement