Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one odd acc issue

Options
  • 22-08-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭

I setup my new Xbox one but when I log on with my Microsoft acc using my gmail address i got someone else profile linked on my Xbox one.

I can see his friends and everything.

It's certainly not my account. He has loads of gamer points.

I had been getting his emails to mu gmail as I recognise his username now.

How do I get this fixed. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

irishgeo wrote: »
    I setup my new Xbox one but when I log on with my Microsoft acc using my gmail address i got someone else profile linked on my Xbox one.

I can see his friends and everything.

It's certainly not my account. He has loads of gamer points.

I had been getting his emails to mu gmail as I recognise his username now.

How do I get this fixed. Any suggestions?

Would that not mean that he has your email address and password too?

Did you ever logon at a friends Xbox that maybe cause that? Maybe was left logged on and he is been playing.

I say you need to contact support to solve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

nava wrote: »
    Would that not mean that he has your email address and password too?

Did you ever logon at a friends Xbox that maybe cause that? Maybe was left logged on and he is been playing.

I say you need to contact support to solve that.

a 2hr webchat left me going around in circles. they wont delete it even though its not mine.

i am going to try again and get them to switch a old gamertag to my email and then switch that gamer tag to an old email that has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i think i have somehow taken over someone account by mistake. no idea how i done it, he has the same name as me though but he was using my email as a login to Microsoft . bizarre really as i have been using gmail since i got an invite.

i have changed his password and everything. i was getting his emails for ages from microsoft. just random xbox ****.

Advertisement