Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling injury

Options
  • 22-08-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. Just wondering if anybody ever heard of a cycling injury that I have. When I come under pressure on a long drag or a tough climb my right leg gets weak and my foot wants to pull out of the cleat. It could go away after a few minutes but always comes back. I also have a niggle in my right knee but this doesn't hurt me when on bike.

I have been with 2 different physios but to no avail. I cycle on average 200k a week and I used to be a fairly competitive runner for 15 years until injuries set in. I am in my mid fifties but in pretty good shape.

Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Maybe try the cycling forum

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

I had something similar which went after a fair bit of tweaking the saddle from left to right and down a bit. That's very vague I know, but it's what fixed the numbness in my left leg during long rides.
    Best thing is to get what they call a 'bike fit'. It takes nearly an hour and is quite expensive but may be good for you.

Tweak the saddle yourself first though and see how you get on.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I'd suggest it's age. You're pretty good to be doing what your doing at the age and good on ya. But the body, the bones and the muscles, well they're not what they used to be. But that's just my opinion. Talk to your GP if you are concerned.

Advertisement