Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi electric pole hedge trimmer

Options

Comments

Anybody used one of these?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-20-aug/products-detail-page/ps/p/electric-pole-hedge-trimmer-2/

Are they any use, I was going to buy a second hand petrol trimmer for a similar price, the hedge is very high and I had intended to use a ladder, but I think this would make the job a lot easier, even if it's not as efficient as a petrol trimmer.

any thoughts?

I would chance it at that price with a 3 year warranty. Is there a lot to take off the hedge or will you be only giving it a light trim. These are nowhere near as good as a petrol trimmer with the heavy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommo22

I bought one last thursday. Im yet to use it but it seems sturdy and well built. A bit heavy, you will need to ensure you balance it properly on the strap to avoid pulling the arms off yourself.
    They are probably all sold out now, the last time they had these they were gone within one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Friend bought one and has done enough work already for the trimmer to pay for itself. Can't go wrong with the warranty imo. I'm going to get one the next time they come around in Aldi.

• Went up to Aldi in Nutgrove today and they still had a good few there, spent the day working in the garden, this trimmer is definitely an improvement over my last electric trimmer, but still back breaking work to use it.

In saying that, the height of my hedge really doesn't help, I think it was worth the money and a decent ladder will make my job a bit easier.

Also worth noting, if you cant get your hands on one of these in Aldi, Lidl have a similar one coming up on sale soon.

Advertisement