Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos app on iOS and OS X

• 22-08-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how I can get both my and my wife's iPhone pics on the OS X Photos app? It used to be easy with iPhoto - just connect the phone and click the import photos option. This option doesn't seem to exist in the new Photos app.

I can view my wife's phone's pics via icloud.com on a browser, but to get them into the Photos app it looks like I'd need to download them all to the hard drive, then import them in Photos. Not exactly smooth. Anyone know are there options I've missed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Turn on iCloud Photo Library in iOS settings and they should sync over automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

Zcott wrote: »
    Turn on iCloud Photo Library in iOS settings and they should sync over automatically.

Both phones have iCloud Photo Library turned on, but the Photos app (wish they'd called it something else) only imports pics from my phone. We have different Apple IDs, so that's probably why, but it was never an issue with iPhoto, as I've said, because it would import pics from any connected phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

With the device connected, an import tab should appear in Photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

Did a hard reset on my wife's iPhone and Photos finally saw it. The import process wasn't great though, I had to import some photos and videos multiple times before they left the "Import XX New Items" tab.

My wife is working on a photo book on it and says that it's clunky, slow and prone to the spinning beachball, which is disappointing. She misses iPhoto.

Advertisement