Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 day sim only contracts - Question

Options
  • 23-08-2015 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭

After i've been with them for more than 30 days can I leave them penalty free without giving them 30 days notice or is this still required?

On 3 specifically, but I'm sure all the networks are the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

I think that it's a rolling 30-day contract (effectively a continuous series of 30-day contracts), which means that if you want to leave (any time after the 14-day cooling-off period), you have to give (up to) 30 days' notice, so you have to stay to the end of the current (30-day) contract, or at least pay off the cost of it, if porting out before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

You can leave any time. 30 day contracts are in name only to make people think they have to give 30 days notice. In reality you only get charged for how long you are there. So if you leave 14 days in to 30 days there will be a 16 day credit on your last bill assuming you pay a month in advance. This can end up in your last bill being in credit for some people

Advertisement