Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27" screens

Options
  • 23-08-2015 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know what's the best 1080p borderless monitors. I want to get 3 to replace my current 1200p monitors. Looking in around the 200-250 each range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

AOC have a borderless-or at least smaller bezels-model, AOC i2757fh. 1080p, IPS and apparently it can be overclocked to about 100Hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Looks like the perfect monitor. The only way issue seems to be vesa mounting as I use a 3 monitor stand

Ah..that's a pity. Have you considered 21:9? Some decent screens out and more coming soon with Freesync/Gsync. Not sure how it is with eyefinity is these days,

Much as I love multi monitor especially for gaming, lately Nvidia seem to have given up on it. Lots of bugs with the latest drivers, for example surround profiles disabled on restart, bezel correction/profiles not saving etc. to the point I'm considering a decent 34" 1440p 21:9 VA/IPS instead; holding off until the Acer and Asus Gsync monitors are released, hopefully they are over 100Hz, if they are I'm switching.

Amd drivers are still perfect for eyefinity, well even better lately. I was going to buy a gtx 980 ti also. Knowing what there drivers are like means the ti and 34" or 3 screens and fury but the card is too small for my rig :(. I much prefer the idea of three screens. Would love freesync 1440p but would be too much to game on all 3. Hopefully vr is released soon

Never heard of a card being too small for a right, though you have a monster case..

I went with two 980ti's with 3 x 27"1440p in mind, but having had a good play with 34" 21:9 (convinced the GF's sister to get an LG for her mack book :) ) I want to try a decent 100hz or greater for gaming, with a few catleaps for extended desktops if needed.

• Advertisement

glynf wrote: »
    Never heard of a card being too small for a right, though you have a monster case..

I went with two 980ti's with 3 x 27"1440p in mind, but having had a good play with 34" 21:9 (convinced the GF's sister to get an LG for her mack book :) ) I want to try a decent 100hz or greater for gaming, with a few catleaps for extended desktops if needed.
    Yea a fury with block would look silly in my main rig, not so much in my itx builds though :).
    I would love a 34" but would then want 2 monitors by its side which wouldn't fit on my stand. Seems every option I choose involves compromises :(

Advertisement