Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for a second dog...

• 23-08-2015 12:40pm

Hi All

We're looking for suggestions for a second dog to add to the pack! Would like it to be a rescue ideally.

We've a male Akita who is an incredible breed (slightly high maintenance at times!) but we'd like to get a female companion.

Some basic criteria:
    - Female
    - non-shed coat
    - small to mid-size
    - Nothing too high energy
    - A placid, relaxed breed and one who has a natural affinity for people as breed standard...

Any suggestions? I've a feeling you probably can't recommend rescues in an open forum so feel free to PM me if you wish

Comments

You should consider a greyhound. We have one in the house the past 9 years. She does shed, but is the laziest creature on Earth! When she raced, she ran in top class races, so was well used to exercise, but other than daily walks, she just lazes about on her bed or my couch! She's almost 12 years old now and the only Veterinary expenses we've had with her was to get her teeth cleaned. If interested, google Irish Greyhound Board and you'll find details under "Welfare".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I'd second a greyhound/sighthound.
    We had a beautiful foster girl here (greyhound x saluki). Two very short walks and one 10-min lunatic spell in the back garden were her limits at just 2 years old. She spent literally about 23 hours a day asleep or resting! She was extremely affectionate but content with human proximity rather than downright neediness. She was an absolute darling with my very young daugher (mere weeks old at the time) and bonded very strongly to her.
    She's been adopted to a lovely woman in the UK over a year now and to this day my mother regrets not jumping in to adopt her (and my mother hates having pets).
    I've been told the large majority of them are of this personality.

Advertisement