Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a 3G/GPS feature phone

Options
  • 23-08-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Smartphone revolution or not, I still do like buttons. Hitting them is much easier than using a touch screen; I can set numbers on speed dial and cal them without even looking at the phone. (Smartphones offer voice dialing, but as I understand it only works when there is a reliable 3G signal as voice has to be decoded in the cloud?).

I have my Samsung С3350. A tough "builder's phone", designed to survive all falls (and my phone gets plenty) and the occasional shower, and with a VERY useful flashlight, too. 90% of the time I'm fine with it. And for serious mobile work I have a laptop and a Vodafone 4G router.

But sometimes I get caught out. I could need to look something up online this very moment. Or I could be driving and find myself lost and in need of GPS.

These times don't happen enough to push me to adapt to life without buttons. But ideally I'd like a phone that, while having buttons, would also have GPS, 3G and a web browser - even though with a very small and likely non-touch screen using those would be quite inconvenient.

A friend has the Nokia E52 which does have it all. But the E52 is no longer in production. Besides, ideally I'd want a tougher phone and a flashlight, like what I have now.

Are there any options I could look at?

Advertisement