Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information needed - local playgrounds

Options
  • 23-08-2015 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Hi parents!

I've decided to try to come up with a map of all the playgrounds in my local area. It started as a map of Dublin, but I wanted to add a few other counties to it too.
    It's quite hard to find information online about this though, so I was hoping to get your expertise.

I was hoping people could list their local playgrounds so that I can add them to my map and hopefully eventually come up with something that will be of benefit to other people.
    I have most of Dublin covered, but would love some information on other counties, especially Wicklow, Meath and Kildare. I'll take anything you have though!

The map so far is here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z4WNkEM1GP28.khiSScsXC1wI&usp=sharing

Note for anyone that's interested i found this great website that has reviews for playgrounds in Dublin, as well as a map of them:

http://dublinfox.com

Hope to hear back from people on this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There's a fine one in Maynooth, Kildare. It's right beside the train station - scroll in on the map and you can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Orion wrote: »
    There's a fine one in Maynooth, Kildare. It's right beside the train station - scroll in on the map and you can see it.

Found it thanks, must visit that one some time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Some playgrounds I've been in lately

Killarney - Port Road, Near the Cathedral
    Kenmare - Near the Supervalu
    Adare - Manor Fields in Adare - http://www.adarevillage.com/activities/playground - good parking
    Ballinspittle - Walking distance from the village - good parking
    Kinsale - On the Quay

Was actually thinking that a list of the playgrounds in Ireland could be very useful as someone sent me on the link to the one in Adare only recently and it was very useful as we were travelling and it did a great job of breaking up the journey/tiring them out.

Thanks a lot, I've added those 5 to the map. I found the first two on Google Street View so got their exact locations, but wasn't 100% sure on the locations of the last 3 so made guesses. If you have exact details for those that would be great - it's possible they were built after the Google car drove through there.
    The Adare one sounds great. I drove through there with the kids in May - wish I knew about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

There's a tiny one in Brookfield,Tallaght.
    Just off the R136 in the Rossfield estate, its attached to the youth centre.

• Advertisement

sm213 wrote: »
    There's a tiny one in Brookfield,Tallaght.
    Just off the R136 in the Rossfield estate, its attached to the youth centre.

Great, was missing that one! I added it in. Amazing the amount of playgrounds in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Brand new playground opened in Enfield Co. Meath. It's on the Dublin Road in the Village and is behind Hannons Supervalu (It will say Hannons of Enfield on Google Maps).

Nice playground in Summerhill Co. Meath beside the community centre (which is on Google maps). Though it's closed for a couple months (as of a month ago) while the asbestos is removed from the community centre.

A small playground in Kilcock, Co Kildare off Brayton Park. It's labelled "Common West Playground" on google maps.

Maynooth playground already mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cork City Center- Fitzgeralds Park, west end.
    Cork City Center - Lifetime Lab, Old Cork Waterworks, Lee Road
    Cork - Douglas - Park next to St Columbus near 51.874635, -8.437889
    Cork - Carrigtwohill - Behind the all weather facility 51.908769, -8.258299
    Cork - Ballinlough, near St Antony's school. - 51.886938, -8.447720
    Cork - Ballincollig regional park - 51.889205, -8.619797
    Cork - Ballinspittle playground

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sulberto

New playgrounds opened in the last year in Wicklow:
    Charlesland, Greystones - on the main green
    Ashford - across from the Old Parochial House on the map
    Wicklow Town - playground and skake park opened beside the Murrough carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Clane playground accross the road from Aldi.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for all the playgrounds. I especially appreciate the co-ords and other information that allows me to pinpoint the exact location on Google Maps.
    I've updated the map with everything you've given me here. Keep them coming!
    Hopefully this will be of some use to people. I will certainly use it for ideas of places to go with my daughters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There's a good one at The Bogies Park in Cabra.

Advertisement