Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That awkward moment when you come to Feedback to post about 503 errors...

Options
  • 23-08-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

...but you can't, because of the 503 errors. :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

That awkward moment when you miss the existing thread that you can't see due to 503 errors 😅

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

That awkward moment when you try to open said thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Cuban Pete

All those... moments... will be lost in time... like... pages... to 503 errors...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The site is nearly impossible to use at the moment

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Flacky with 503 errors since around 10am this morning,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Server hamster on it's last legs?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If I'm not mistaken, a while back Dav mentioned that there were major changes in the pipeline for the whole site... so maybe they're in the middle of replacing those hamsters... A hamster hand-over, if you will. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

New Home wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, a while back Dav mentioned that there were major changes in the pipeline for the whole site... so maybe they're in the middle of replacing those hamsters... A hamster hand-over, if you will. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

Maybe we need to stick Dav and Gordon on the wheel to replace them. Though they won't quiet encourage that cute cuddly feeling that the hamsters give us.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes, I've heard of the "version 2" that some of the devs have remarked on, but I'd doubt the switchover would be done at the weekend, but rather during the week. Also, it'd be a planned switchover with notice to the users, to ensure that it's Twitter and Facebook accounts aren't plagued with people moaning about downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Getting 503 errors constantly now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

the_syco wrote: »
    Yes, I've heard of the "version 2" that some of the devs have remarked on, but I'd doubt the switchover would be done at the weekend, but rather during the week. Also, it'd be a planned switchover with notice to the users, to ensure that it's Twitter and Facebook accounts aren't plagued with people moaning about downtime.

Testing, perhaps? :o Ok, I'm clutching at straws, now... but it's better than the alternative, another hacker, like a few years back! :eek:

Maybe the old hamsters have gone on strike...

Still getting a 503.
    I'm cancelling my subscription and want a refund ....:)...or I would if I paid a subscription.

Maybe that's what happens when Boards.ie installs Windows 10... :eek: :D

Maybe that's what happens when Boards.ie installs Windows 10... :eek: :D

Can we sue Microsoft for disrupting our service?

It's your god-given right as an American citizen to sue whomever you like... Oh... wait...

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for your patience folks. As you may have noticed, things are back to normal now. We'll have a more detailed update about what happened for you tomorrow.

Just to clarify it had nothing to do with the new version of the site, that is being tested at the moment without any issues to the current site and you will be given PLENTY of notice when we are switching over, don't worry about that.

So much awkward in here... :D
    359715.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Thanks for your patience folks. As you may have noticed, things are back to normal now. We'll have a more detailed update about what happened for you tomorrow.

Just to clarify it had nothing to do with the new version of the site, that is being tested at the moment without any issues to the current site and you will be given PLENTY of notice when we are switching over, don't worry about that.
    Let me guess it was Dav trying to help the IS team again? :P

Nody wrote: »
    Let me guess it was Dav trying to help the IS team again? :P

I'm not at liberty to say.

:pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

So much awkward in here... :D
    359715.jpg

MRW i get a 503 error
    Lr8YY9b.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This is still happening today.

• Advertisement

It shouldn't be. Can you clear the cookies and cache from your browser and see if you are still getting errors? Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It happens every time I reply to a post. I'm not actually sure how to clear cache and cookies on android stock browser but I'll give it a go and if not test from the desktop

Edit: didn't happen just now but four times in the last 30 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Was grand since last night but happening constantly now the past half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

503 back in force today. If I were paying for this service I'd see so darn mad right now

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yeah happening again for me. Literally just paid my subscription too :mad::P

Yep, it's just happened to me too, less than 5 minutes ago. It worked fine all morning, though - and this time, although the error is the same, it 'looked' slightly different.

359834.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yeah I got the above screen first, but then it went back to the regular 503 one.

Ah Jaysus. Here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Damn kids don't know how good they have it. A few blips and everyone loses their mind.

Back in my day the site ran like an ant through a wet turd and was sometimes more than it was up.

• Advertisement

Did they actually have the interweb, back in your day? :D

Advertisement