Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Your Pet Pics #2 (DON'T QUOTE PICS!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

So Milo the lurcher always knew his Mammy was a greyhound but had never met his Dad...until today......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

jellybear wrote: »
    So Milo the lurcher always knew his Mammy was a greyhound but had never met his Dad...until today......

His face looks like he is thinking "I did not need to know this."

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

These funny pics came up in my FB memories today. Bailey giving Lucy a lesson on play fighting and making bitey faces 3 years ago :pac:

393594.png

393595.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Firblog

Little fiesty blue eyed dwarf lionhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:P

394113.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I hadn't posted any pictures of what is now a young lady, last time I posted was early March when she was only three months old, so here she is at nearly 8 months.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭volchitsa

And here, in a little more of a close-up:

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Milo got his portrait done! He won a competition and we love the picture -it's so like him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

wow, what a prize! Thats fabulous :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

xKCzzjDydOSFjZl1HSSrLgktbr3HGOZpSZBuLipp5MyumtXqEkMArlR3IZZbtsCmQeHZjN9z_4TByQ=w1366-h768-rw-no

The two ladies going for a quick drink...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Angel i can't see that pic on desktop or touch site :(

Angel i can't see that pic on desktop or touch site :(

Don't know what is happening lately with photos, can't seem to attach anything now!

Try again... 4th time lucky?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aww worth waiting for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Molly has been getting into the cottage anyway she can...... Holly should be keeping her out.

776300500469307.jpg

TT

Happens regularly in our house as well TT! Elly and Tara just look at them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hexe (german for witch, herself loves halloween)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Knuffeltje (dutch for small & Cuddly. Me being an ass, seeing as she's neither small nor cuddly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Our little "washing machine door mechanic" (posted about him continuously opening the door!) came to work with me a little while back. Will be leaving it another while before he comes again....he enjoyed it a bit too much!

35mfm7t.jpg

^^^ hes a beauty - german shepherd + ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

aonb wrote: »
    ^^^ hes a beauty - german shepherd + ?

Yup, whitish German shepherd....he's a little bit beige around the back. He was the runt of the litter that no one else wanted but our little treasure. Size wise tracking around about a female rather than a male so suits me fine.

Edit: both his parents are full black and tan GSD's had two whites in the litter. One of his sister's is proper full white. All the rest were dark and tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got two new dwarf hamsters recently, and as the Olympics was ongoing, I named them Bolt and Blake, after the Jamican sprinters.

Here's Bolt with a broccoli floret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

TopTec wrote: »
    Molly has been getting into the cottage anyway she can...... Holly should be keeping her out.

776300500469307.jpg

TT

Is that a cat & a chicken? Can't believe they are getting along. Twice I have literally had to pull my dog's jaws open to get my brother's chickens free. My brother has 3 chickens, 2 of which now have bald spots.

When we go to visit my folks, Sooty will spend a good 15mins trying to find a way into the chicken run. He is staying with them for 10days starting next week while we are away on holidays. I hope my folks don't let their guard down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

LCD wrote: »
    Is that a cat & a chicken?

Ha Ha. No. It's one of my two Shih Tzus. I orginally had 3 hens, 2 were taken by a mink and Molly was very cautious of the dogs. I kept re-enforcing the rule that Molly is 'family and not food', and eventually they got the message. Molly got used to them and eventually has became the boss. She pecks their noses and tails if they bother her!

I would imagine the cat will get used to them over time.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I haven't posted up photos of Shade in ages- too busy spamming Instagram with them! (And yes, she has her own hashtag- #shadetheoneeyedcat :P I know. I know. :rolleyes:)

395709.jpg

395710.jpg

395711.jpg

Edit: sorry for the MASSIVE photo, I'll try to figure out how to resize it...

Edit 2: Yay I managed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

This chap

395800.jpg

so, are the Guinea Pigs ok?!?!?!? :D :eek:

• Advertisement

so, are the Guinea Pigs ok?!?!?!? :D :eek:

Yes lol they are behind a locked door with him around. My packet of crisps however did not survive because as soon as my back was turned he robbed them!

Just when the kids head off to school & you think you can eat your crisps in peace.....

395809.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Ok so here are some pics of my guy Cody…
    Friday of last week we were woken at 4am with screaming (literally like a banshee), when I entered the kitchen he was standing all contorted (picture 1) the poor guy had urinated all over the kitchen (totally unlike him) and he refused to move from his position… :eek:
    By then he was whinging and crying (poor pet) yet he wouldn’t come near me or move out of this spot. I thought he has twisted gut etc. I know something was wrong.

After a while I lifted him on the couch… waiting for my vet to open… he cried and whinged while sleeping on my lap (he is VERY soft), EVENTUALLY vet open at 8am we were outside waiting… she took him in straight away, although once inside the vets door, no whinging or crying in fact he was jumping around…. :confused:

after general exam could find nothing actually wrong with him, as he’s 11.5 years of age we agreed on a battery of tests… full bloods, urine, abdomen ultra sound, x-rays etc.… turns out he had a kidney stone!!
    The poor guy must have been in a lot of pain passing that.

Second two pics are him not happy at all when he came back home… poor pet. (please excuse his bed, it was a little on the dirty side)... he even took "Harvey" his teddy to bed for a bit of comfort

The fright I got with the cries I can tell you it wasn’t for the faint hearted…
    one a positive note least she did loads of tests and looked to make sure nothing on toward was wrong plus she said for an 11.5 year old he is in great “nick” and very healthy. :)

^^^^ omg, every pet owners worst nightmare!
    POOR Cody (hes gorgeous, the sad little face of him in Pic 1 :() and poor you. Great to get a clean bill of health now, and good to know that it was "only" a gallstone (ouch!)
    Spoil him rotten today (or would he notice that hes being MORE spoiled?!)
    Did the vet mention how to prevent any more stones forming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Thanks aonb!

I know the poor pet .. no the vet didn’t really go into much details at all she just said some breeds can be prone to them etc., he’s never had anything like this in all 11.5 years so I hoping this will be his first and last time.

I’ve been toying with the idea of moving him from his dried food (TOTW) over to RAW over the past few months and when I did a little research into the stones etc. , they “can ” be linked to feeding dried food diet etc., so Im currently in the process of moving him over to RAW.. he is only delighted..

Got in my chest freezer, ordered bulk from https://carnivorekellys.myshopify.com/ RAW already pre-mixed all we have to do is weigh and feed!
    I hoping the move over will help reduce the chances of this happening again – fingers crossed.

cocker5 wrote: »
    Thanks aonb!

I know the poor pet .. no the vet didn’t really go into much details at all she just said some breeds can be prone to them etc., he’s never had anything like this in all 11.5 years so I hoping this will be his first and last time.

I’ve been toying with the idea of moving him from his dried food (TOTW) over to RAW over the past few months and when I did a little research into the stones etc. , they “can ” be linked to feeding dried food diet etc., so Im currently in the process of moving him over to RAW.. he is only delighted..

Got in my chest freezer, ordered bulk from https://carnivorekellys.myshopify.com/ RAW already pre-mixed all we have to do is weigh and feed!
    I hoping the move over will help reduce the chances of this happening again – fingers crossed.

aww thats so cute!
    At his age (and great shape hes in!) he deserves to have a yummy diet!!
    Hope all goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

getting big now!
    (and sorta creepy in photos cos his eyes are always invisible with all the hair)
    20160906_210501_zpslxznx79x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

getting big now!
    (and sorta creepy in photos cos his eyes are always invisible with all the hair)

Ah yes, the joy of trying to photograph a black dog! (or a dog with black bits).

I took Finn to the dog park for the first time today and got chatting to some lovely people. He acted like a 4 year old on his first day of school but he did make a friend, who then tried to climb into my bag. Smelling of treats at a dog park makes you a very popular human, it seems.

There's the Great White Dope on the left

FinnPark_zpsqygak9kk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Waiting to blow out candles on his fillet steak! My loyal friend the Tintin. Had testicular cancer this year, cured. Has bad heart value problem (last 3 years) but stable. Has liver/kidney failure and going to vets tonight to get blood test to see how bad. Hopefully not his last birthday:(
    or2iwn.jpg
    Edit: Blood results back, going into kidney failure. Won't be a 15th birthday:(:(:(
    f2uijs.jpg
    The immortal Tintin has graced us with another year. Can't really believe he has done it. He is in relatively good form. Still looking for his walks everyday and his super nuggles every 10 minutes. On a home made renal diet of mince meat, jasmine rice, eggs, egg shells, carrots, parsnips, crushed multivitamin tablets and omega-three oil. Along with his cardiac medications. Birthday Fillet steak was a super treat for him and even exceeded his protein intake for the day!
    Death to the enemies of the Tintin! He will outlive them all...............

ah thats great! he looks fantastic!
    to hell with diets on his special day! On my dogs 17th birthday plate, we blew every rule out of the park :D
    Um whats that on his plate beside the steak?!? Looks like chips?
    Wish Tintin another good year xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

tin tin has made me so happy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

ah thats great! he looks fantastic!
    to hell with diets on his special day! On my dogs 17th birthday plate, we blew every rule out of the park :D
    Um whats that on his plate beside the steak?!? Looks like chips?
    Wish Tintin another good year xxx
    Not chips, but roast potatos. He didn't eat them till his fillet steak was finished. A great age for your dog, 17!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

getting big now!
    http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/chriswilliams115/20160906_210501_zpslxznx79x.jpg

had a super tight shave at the weekend, especially around his face as his mouth was getting manky, can see his eyes now! Looks like a different dog though!
    20160910_161806_zps4u1m10im.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Chuckie, my African Grey.

2z6z894.jpg

This little lady chatters even more then the Furby

396834.jpg

my babies <3

Raven and Ralph :)
    Fotor_147263935180663_zpsmqcwwhvc.jpg

Fotor_14735206196051_zpsbrhtyxgf.jpg

Fotor_147229022171062_zpszgryidm5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭sdp

girls helping in veg garden and Molly telling Tobs the rules!
    [IMG][/img]008edea0-77df-4f5c-b4df-a9eee23e0218_zpsinz08bnf.jpg
    [IMG][/img]6d994d50-c4a4-4bc2-b0ea-c14b47d5a025_zps2mboxxpc.jpg
    [IMG][/img]45713218-93a9-4d7f-b0bd-fa5058385ae8_zpscuxb1wsc.jpg
    [IMG][/img]845f270f-4dfc-4454-b641-8fd0b9878930_zps4ffk26k7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Georgie tried to pee on a Dead Crab today.

He Missed:p, but was too quick for the camera.

Pee_zps58hsvbur.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

This is possibly,
    The best photo,

I have ever taken.

Ralph, Daisy, Raven - Dollymount beach, Clontarf :) Today!

bestphoto_zpsmub9rioo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm thinking of the Three Best Friends song from The Hangover now!

i found a better one!!

Fotor_147413079017626_zpswrtviled.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement