Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Pet Pics #2 (DON'T QUOTE PICS!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Sometimes stray cats have a nick taken out of their ear by the vet to show they have been neutered. I'm not sure if there is a standard place on the ear or if left/right ear is always done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Waiting to blow out candles on his fillet steak! My loyal friend the Tintin. Had testicular cancer this year, cured. Has bad heart value problem (last 3 years) but stable. Has liver/kidney failure and going to vets tonight to get blood test to see how bad. Hopefully not his last birthday:(
    or2iwn.jpg
    Edit: Blood results back, going into kidney failure. Won't be a 15th birthday:(:(:(

2076lhg.jpg
    2vjd506.jpg
    14 1/2 birthday. A small fillet steak, he's allowed a maximum 85 grams meat protein per day due to his chronic renal failure. His heart failure is holding up. Going deaf/blind/small bit of arthritis in shoulder. Doing great as the second photos show, still well able for walkies. Make his food daily for him. His vet says his heart/kidneys could give up at any time. So good excuse for 14 1/2 birthday!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

OMG he's GORGEOUS!!

You should celebrate his birthday every week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Capercaillie what a gorgeous dog.
    Its heartbreaking when you know your old friend is running out of time.
    I watched my old guy go downhill, nearly go, then rally, a few times. Everytime he came back from the brink it was like a new lease of life! We were so happy to have him back again, we spoiled him rotten. For his good days and his monthly treats we threw the renal restrictions out the window - he was a dog who loved his food so much - the odd treat was worth whatever it cost.

You obviously appreciate every extra week with him. Hes a lucky boy, but then you are too to love your dog so much, that bond is worth its weight in gold.

Hugs! I hope he keeps going for another long while -

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

14 1/2 birthday. A small fillet steak, he's allowed a maximum 85 grams meat protein per day due to his chronic renal failure. His heart failure is holding up. Going deaf/blind/small bit of arthritis in shoulder. Doing great as the second photos show, still well able for walkies. Make his food daily for him. His vet says his heart/kidneys could give up at any time. So good excuse for 14 1/2 birthday!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry to hear about your beautiful dog, what breed is he? He's so cute! It's heartbreaking looking at his birthday pics. At least he's able to go for his walkies for now. Take comfort in the fact that you've had 14yrs together and he looks so happy and well looked after. Celebrate him every day and all the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

So sorry to hear about your beautiful dog, what breed is he? He's so cute! It's heartbreaking looking at his birthday pics. At least he's able to go for his walkies for now. Take comfort in the fact that you've had 14yrs together and he looks so happy and well looked after. Celebrate him every day and all the best

Thanks for nice comments. Mother was a jack Russell and father probably a sheep dog. A loyal friend he is. Spent practically his whole life by my side. Sleeps in bedroom and comes to work with me. A dark day when he dies:(. I have a small farm and he will be buried on it. I grow nettles to help Corncrake (endangered bird in Ireland). He will be buried in the nettles to fertilize the nettles and to help the corncrakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I've been reliably informed that in exchange for the great advice on puppy-training that I've been getting on the thread I started, it's required to post a pic of said pup, so here she is putting manners on some particularly dangerous seaweed:

(Can't seem to manage to get the picture to show directly, no idea why)

Aww she's gorgeous Volchitsa!!! :)

Ozzie has been posted here before. Thought we were gonna lose him when he contracted parvo 2 weeks ago. His injections didn't work unfortunately. Poor lad was in the horrors for a while but he put up a fight and won with the round the clock care from his new vet who I'd highly reccomend! This is an old pic of him but he looks like this again and is back to his old self. Happy and healthy :D He still has a bit to go though.

431883_10200659984174397_1824229290_n.jpg?oh=48cc9162afde140ac0c6d3cf84f2f6e9&oe=575E62F6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

10988287_10207191727455701_6159018890741988673_o.jpg

died today on the way to the vet :( no idea what went wrong, he was fine last time i saw him on this day last week

10 years old, not the youngest. not the oldest :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

strelok wrote: »
    died today on the way to the vet :( no idea what went wrong, he was fine last time i saw him on this day last week

10 years old, not the youngest. not the oldest :(

So sorry to hear that Strelok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I found somewhere fairly safe to let Finn off the lead.

photo%204%202_zpsb4ia4llv.jpg

This is most of the views I got of him while off lead.
    photo%201%202_zpswfxafsjp.jpg
    photo%203%201_zpspqfg9xlv.jpg
    photo%204%201_zps804d0xjt.jpg

But boy, did he have a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

That's one happy dog:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

My little Sheltie boy, Cosmo.

SO4BMXq.jpg?1

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭volchitsa

He's gorgeous! How much grooming does he need, with all that fabulous fur?

volchitsa wrote: »
    He's gorgeous! How much grooming does he need, with all that fabulous fur?

:D I do a bit every day, even though he has a huge coat it's not as bad as most people think. It's so much a part of our regular routine that I can just roll him around on the bed to do each side, this is how I do his belly, sanitary shave, nail clips and trim his paws.
    1ZrDUWp.jpg

My GSD malfunctioned yesterday. :( And you guys thought the GSD at Crufts was messed up.
    Azo5uV5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Ralph and Raven today at the beach... <3

12832564_10209302379142293_7825463418853082737_n.jpg

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Those are some happy faces right there!!

Here's a little 'throwback' shot of Lola when she was about 9 weeks old, with my son who was about 10 months old at the time. Needless to say, they've both gotten much bigger!

e22G3jT.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Tiggy.Copyrighted_zpsfnpzkf5s.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,512 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I got a doggy Thursday
    380668.jpg

Her name is Cleo, 8 weeks old Cocker Spaniel.

1st of 2 with the second guy turning up on the 1st :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I hadn't seen Bob in a few weeks and I forgot how fluffy he gets when his coat is left to its own devices... :eek: :o

image_zpssd7kfyxg.jpeg~original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Heartwarming thread. Love seeing all the furbabies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

My dastardly duo. Don't let the cute heads fool you ;)

380777.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey boy has taken to bringing his pacifier along in the car lately lol (...and Lucy looks like she's licking the door?! :p)

381020.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nody wrote: »
    dGdxPt.jpg

Our latest foster who only came in this evening after a family spotted him hiding under a pile of leaf for three days at their place (god knows why they waited three days to call it in to the rescue we're associated with...). Will see what the vet says about the eye tomorrow morning but I don't have high hopes for it; beyond the guy being underweight and the usual suspects (to be confirmed) he's hyperfriendly (he demands to be cuddled all the time even with strangers). Still going through standard quarantine which between the eye, expected stomach bugs etc. will probably be longer than usual (the rest of the gaing get to eat in the hallway again; they know what that means :P ).
    A update is long over due. The little guy has gone through his operation like a champ; there was a significant trauma on the eye and it was not possible to save as expected. Having said that he has gone up from just below 1kg to 2.5kg and has as of tonight moved to his new final home where he'll get to play with two other one eyed cats (he's been romping around in our apartment with our other foster cats). I've attached two pictures taken the day after his operation (his stitches etc. are all removed by a week now as he healed up nicely).

3RadiT.jpg
    S7QyAO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Nody wrote: »
    A update is long over due. The little guy has gone through his operation like a champ; there was a significant trauma on the eye and it was not possible to save as expected. Having said that he has gone up from just below 1kg to 2.5kg and has as of tonight moved to his new final home where he'll get to play with two other one eyed cats (he's been romping around in our apartment with our other foster cats). I've attached two pictures taken the day after his operation (his stitches etc. are all removed by a week now as he healed up nicely).

"Tired and emotional" today and seeing how well he's come on has actually made me a bit weepy. Thanks so much for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Lily, my little fluffy monster

381288.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Haven't thrown up a pic of Shade in a while. Hard to believe we've not even had her a year, she's a totally different cat than the one we got from the fosterer! Plays non stop, loads of cuddles, has started demanding time on our bed... But wouldn't change it for the world!

381294.jpeg

Edit: can a mod or someone tell me how i can make pics I upload from my phone smaller? They're always MASSIVE when I put them up adnd see them from my laptop afterwards... i don't want to be annoying folks with giant pics!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

"Anything you can do I can do better!" :P

381336.png

Advertisement